NBA Basketball 2006-07: The Thread Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to speak now out of pure emotion. I hate Ben Gordon. The Bulls don't have a player who can get and make his own shot at the end of a game. Horrible! I am so pissed right now at how we blew this game to the Cavs. And now, going in to the playoffs, the we have this label on us that tells people "Hey, if you keep it close, you can beat us because we don't have a go to player."

I now think we should trade Ben Gordon. And draft a 6'5" shooting guard for the love of ANYTHING!!!

EDIT: I mean, he had chances at the end of the game, and blew it. He had chances in overtime and blew it. He turns it over at the end of regulation by dribbling into traffic, then he can't even beat a trap? Granted, he had nowhere to go with it since everyone was just standing around...

sdklaghnakldklfasdfjklandsff!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
and the funny thing is they were talking about all of the times he missed games to clutch the win..

The bulls never had a go to guy after the jordan pippen rodman lovley harper dynasty where usually jordan would be that clutch player...

ben for kobe:(

speaking of kobe what a great end of the game that he had against the rockets, but then he screwed up at the end of overtime....

I'll take Tracy McGrady's stat line from that game over Mamba's any day:

30 points, 5 rebounds, 10 assists - 7/24 from the field, 15-16 from the free throw line.

53 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists - 19/44 from the field, 12/14 from the free throw line.

And which team won?

Got Philk? said:
I'm going to speak now out of pure emotion. I hate Ben Gordon. The Bulls don't have a player who can get and make his own shot at the end of a game. Horrible! I am so pissed right now at how we blew this game to the Cavs. And now, going in to the playoffs, the we have this label on us that tells people "Hey, if you keep it close, you can beat us because we don't have a go to player."

I now think we should trade Ben Gordon. And draft a 6'5" shooting guard for the love of ANYTHING!!!

EDIT: I mean, he had chances at the end of the game, and blew it. He had chances in overtime and blew it. He turns it over at the end of regulation by dribbling into traffic, then he can't even beat a trap? Granted, he had nowhere to go with it since everyone was just standing around...

sdklaghnakldklfasdfjklandsff!!!!!!!!!

I feel your pain. I want that #2 seed bad too.

Look on the bright side. At least Tyrus had a breakout game:

27 points, 8 rebounds, 3 blocks, 3 steals, 9/11 from the field, 9/10 from the line

tpsreports2424 said:

well maybe if the rest of the team didn't suck then he wouldn't shoot that much...

the only reason why the made it into overtime because kwame brown missed his freethrow

Maybe the rest of the team wouldn't suck so much if they had a teammate who built them up instead of always cutting them down....

But yes, Kwame is worthless.

namkcuR said:

I feel your pain. I want that #2 seed bad too.

Look on the bright side. At least Tyrus had a breakout game:

27 points, 8 rebounds, 3 blocks, 3 steals, 9/11 from the field, 9/10 from the line

I have been impressed with Thomas lately. He does have athleticism. Seriously though, I've calmed down now. The problem still is this team does not know who the go to guy is at the end of the game. Gordon consistently does not get the shot needed. Today, I thought Heinrich should have gotten the ball. Pavlovic could not stay with him. But this is why I'm a poor college student and not an NBA coach. I might make sense...:mad:

Well, after LeBron pulled a Jameer Nelson, the Bulls are tied with the Cavs and hold the tie-breaker, so they're the 2nd seed right now.

And the Orlando/Toronto game last night was pure bullshit. Darko got thrown out after finally getting tired of getting hosed on every single call. A good team would rally behind his ejection and make some type of run, even the coach would get in a frenzy. Since Brian Hill acts like a church deacon and the team is painfully average, they didn't.

They also didn't rally behind Hedo Turkoglu's career high 37 points, which was pretty sweet to watch. He might've hit the gamewinner too if Brian Hill hadn't kept him in for the entire 4th quarter.

I could go on forever so I'll close with this: Brian Hill is the white Doc Rivers.

So apparently the Suns vs. Spurs game was delayed because a trainer had a seizure right behind the San Antonio bench. Strange.

But back to the game, this is one example of why I don't think the Suns can make it to the Finals. They can be taken out of their game. But hey, if they do get to run, watch out...

The West will be fun to watch in the playoffs.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I'll take Tracy McGrady's stat line from that game over Mamba's any day:

30 points, 5 rebounds, 10 assists - 7/24 from the field, 15-16 from the free throw line.

53 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists - 19/44 from the field, 12/14 from the free throw line.

And which team won?

while most know i'm not a big fan of kobe, he's much better than mcgrady.

and shooting 7 for 24 is nothing to write home about... that's under 30% shooting.

i've always been a kobe hater, but i've found myself softening on my dislike for him of late... i brought this up with a friend of mine who also dislikes him and he said the same thing... we came to this conclusion... with all the hype over these young guys coming into the league... lebron, wade, carmello, etc... i keep finding myself saying stuff like "lebron can't hold kobe's jock." so by the dislike for the hype around lebron and wade, i've found myself liking kobe more. which is ironic, because i used to feel the same way about kobe as i do lebron and wade.

It very well might be simply b/c I'm a Bulls fan. If I'm honest with myself, maybe I just don't want another "Jordanlike" player to be in the league. There certainly are similarities. Kobe is not MJ, but he sure wishes he was.

So, I still hate him. I don't like LeBron, Melo, and Wade used to be ok. But even he now bugs me. Give me Brandon Roy over all those suckers.

You know who I love? Michael Finley. I am slowly realizing that the players I grew up admiring, are the players who are slowly, but surely winding down their careers.

:( I need to sleep now b/c of my "old age."

Headache in a Suitcase said:

while most know i'm not a big fan of kobe, he's much better than mcgrady.

and shooting 7 for 24 is nothing to write home about... that's under 30% shooting.

Yeah, I agree. But it is interesting to see two guys who were around the same level in the league 2-3 years ago now playing different styles of basketball.

McGrady's been shooting the ball less and deferring to his teammates more, at least in comparison to his days in Orlando when he did everything.

I say Kobe doesn't pass the ball much then he drops a game with 13 assists, so I don't know what to say about him anymore.

I wonder what the worst record to ever make the playoffs currently is...

Because the 8th seed in the East might break it.

Regarding Nocioni's return for the Bulls and the possibility of Tyrus's minutes getting cut down...it's very simple, PJ needs to sit so Tyrus can keep his minutes when Noc gets back. It will be a traveshamockery if Skiles goes back to giving Tyrus six minutes a game so Old Man Brown can play for fifteen minutes and do nothing.

I was watching the best damn shoe period on youtube with kobe from I think last year and he was talking about when he was a free agent he was really considering the bulls and he was looking into schools and homes..

one could only imagine:(

Got Philk? said:
So apparently the Suns vs. Spurs game was delayed because a trainer had a seizure right behind the San Antonio bench. Strange.

But back to the game, this is one example of why I don't think the Suns can make it to the Finals. They can be taken out of their game. But hey, if they do get to run, watch out...

The West will be fun to watch in the playoffs.

I was actually watching the game at the corner of my eye the whole time and I just saw him get taken off the court...

I was like :huh:

LemonMacPhisto said:

I say Kobe doesn't pass the ball much then he drops a game with 13 assists, so I don't know what to say about him anymore.

See?

who ever said that kobe shaves his team down can suck my icon!

(i think that was you philk:wink: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom