NBA Basketball 2006-07: The Thread Part II - Page 32 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-15-2007, 12:06 PM   #466
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: at pavel's
Posts: 11,603
Local Time: 12:52 AM
i dont know what "smart basketball" is. would anyone care to enlighten me?
__________________

__________________
U2Man is offline  
Old 05-15-2007, 12:25 PM   #467
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
U2@NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Back in Buenos Aires
Posts: 4,281
Local Time: 06:52 PM
Quote:
[i]does a lot of it have to do with mike d'antoni's system? sure... but the system only works if you've got the right guy running it. do we fault john stockton for running the utah system that is still working to perfection years after stockton's retirement? of course not.
[/B]
I do not agree with this. Nash often gets the benefit of a very fast paced offense that moves around Nash a lot, thus simplifying his task. I honestly think he basically does not know what he is going to do with the ball when he starts running and that his teammates are the ones that help him out by finding an open spot.

I would also like to see Nash playing under a different system as my view is that he will not do well.
__________________

__________________
U2@NYC is offline  
Old 05-15-2007, 12:28 PM   #468
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: at pavel's
Posts: 11,603
Local Time: 12:52 AM
i guess not.
__________________
U2Man is offline  
Old 05-15-2007, 12:32 PM   #469
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,462
Local Time: 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Man
i dont know what "smart basketball" is. would anyone care to enlighten me?
moving the ball to the open man when he's open... seeing the play two (or more) passes ahead... making the pass that leads to the pass that leads to the shot... knowing the difference between bad shot/good shot/best shot... knowing that 90% of penetrating passes (vs. non penetrating) need to be bounce passes and not flat passes... knowing what to do after you beat the first line of defense, i.e. knowing wether to pull up for a 10-15 foot jumper, continue the drive or dish it off

i could go on, but i won't.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 05-15-2007, 12:36 PM   #470
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: at pavel's
Posts: 11,603
Local Time: 12:52 AM
sounds like good basket to me. dont know if its smart. but thanks.
__________________
U2Man is offline  
Old 05-15-2007, 12:36 PM   #471
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
U2@NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Back in Buenos Aires
Posts: 4,281
Local Time: 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase


moving the ball to the open man when he's open... seeing the play two (or more) passes ahead... making the pass that leads to the pass that leads to the shot... knowing the difference between bad shot/good shot/best shot... knowing that 90% of penetrating passes (vs. non penetrating) need to be bounce passes and not flat passes... knowing what to do after you beat the first line of defense, i.e. knowing wether to pull up for a 10-15 foot jumper, continue the drive or dish it off

i could go on, but i won't.
Acting as punch ball for Robert Horry...
__________________
U2@NYC is offline  
Old 05-15-2007, 12:36 PM   #472
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 04:52 PM


Smart Basketball= db9basketball.

__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 05-15-2007, 12:38 PM   #473
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,462
Local Time: 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2@NYC
I honestly think he basically does not know what he is going to do with the ball when he starts running and that his teammates are the ones that help him out by finding an open spot.

I would also like to see Nash playing under a different system as my view is that he will not do well.
i'm trying to say this in the nicest way possible but you simply do not understand what it takes to be a great point guard in basketball if this is how you feel, and it's not worth carrying on this conversation any further because it will only serve to give me an aneurysm

great point guards see 2/3 passes away, the same way a great chess player sees 2/3 moves ahead. this is what makes nash great. and this vision of what will happen... the pass that leads to the pass that leads to the basket... is done in a split second's time.

and you also seem to be completely ignoring nash's years in dallas, as if he all of a sudden became good when he arrived in phoenix.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 05-15-2007, 12:40 PM   #474
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
We had that 20 years ago.
Greg Kite.
fine young man, BYU graduate, LDS fellow.
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 05-15-2007, 12:41 PM   #475
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
U2@NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Back in Buenos Aires
Posts: 4,281
Local Time: 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase


i'm trying to say this in the nicest way possible but you simply do not understand what it takes to be a great point guard in basketball if this is how you feel, and it's not worth carrying on this conversation any further because it will only serve to give me an aneurysm

great point guards see 2/3 passes away, the same way a great chess player sees 2/3 moves ahead. this is what makes nash great. and this vision of what will happen... the pass that leads to the pass that leads to the basket... is done in a split second's time.

and you also seem to be completely ignoring nash's years in dallas, as if he all of a sudden became good when he arrived in phoenix.
Ok, I guess we see things differently. But we agree on John Stockton as a great point guard.
__________________
U2@NYC is offline  
Old 05-15-2007, 12:41 PM   #476
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 04:52 PM
All Steve Nash needs is a good hair cut and tutelage by Utah Jazz coach Jerry Sloan.

It's that simple.

dbs
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 05-15-2007, 12:50 PM   #477
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,462
Local Time: 06:52 PM
i'll take nash over stockton, thank you very much... despite his fine utah upbringing
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 05-15-2007, 12:54 PM   #478
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,462
Local Time: 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
i can see the new york post headlines now... cheap shot bob




well... it's not the post, but it's close
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 05-15-2007, 01:11 PM   #479
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase






well... it's not the post, but it's close
You know not to condone Horry's poor sportmansmanship, Steve did do a little acting, but that's ok in a situation like this, it was needed-to make a point.

I've seen Steve Nash take take harder fouls with less grimacing.

That said this cheap shot by Horry will affect his legacy.

dbs
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 05-15-2007, 01:14 PM   #480
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,462
Local Time: 06:52 PM
eh, maybe... he did hip check him into the scorer's table... i've hit a scorer's table... it doesn't feel good. did he flop a little bit? i don't think so, but it's possible
__________________

__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com