NBA Basketball 2006-07: The Thread Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cdisantis83 said:

This is exactly my point. Kobe was more important to the success of his team than was Dirk, thus the former was more valuable. If you are suggesting that the MVP must come from an elite team, then I suppose that we just fundamentally disagree there.

if that's your argument than your only argument is for nash, not bryant. you can't give the mvp to a player on a crappy team unless they're just so dominating that you have no choice. the lakers suck... what was kobe valuable for?

if you want to make the argument that the suns, a good team, would be lucky to make the playoffs without nash and that's why he should have gotten the mvp, i'll probably agree with you. but to give it to a guy on a mediocre team that doesn't make his teammates better? no chance.

I'm not necessarilly making an argument for Kobe, although he was quite dominant at points throughout the year, but rather using him to illustrate a point against Dirk. I agree entirely about Nash's ability to raise his teammates' level of play, and I feel that LeBron and Billups do the same thing- for me, any of these three would have been a much better choice for MVP than Dirk. Kobe is on the fringe, but, however selfish a player he may be, was still more important to his team than Dirk, at least in my opinion. I'll drop this now.:wink:

diamond said:
My question is who would be an easier match for the Jazz?

The Spurs or Suns?

I'm thinking the Spurs.

How about you guys, what say you?

dbs

Both would wax the Jazz.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Am I the only one who was glad Amare called out Bruce Bowen and the entire Spurs team?

That replay on YouTube of Bowen kicking Amare's achilles is pretty clear to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc4yz__akIU

probably... amare's right, but why open your mouth and give extra motivation to a team that doesn't really need any to begin with?

capt.9f3339c4fe7549049b515a5264ace27c.jazz_warriors_basketball_cams101.jpg
capt.3266c8459e424f2dbcc41f8ca5622275.aptopix_jazz_warriors_basketball_cams108.jpg

diamond said:

Didn't the Jazz beat the Suns 4 out of 5 times this past season?

dbs

Jazz won the season series with PHX 3-1

and tied with San Antonio 2-2 each team winning at home

The Bulls won the season series 3-1 with the Pistons too, who's winning that series?

Just watched NJ vs Cleveland. Wow, that game was horrible. All game long, Reggie Miller kept saying, "Which star is going to step up and win this one."

The answer? Nobody. It ended up being which star was going to make the last mistake. I guess you could make an argument that the D was just that good, but I'm not buying it.

Now for the good game. Go Suns!

Wow. That was pretty close to the worst end-of-game play ever.

It's one thing if the game ends on a big defensive play, but a guy half-assedly posting up into a double team, then getting the ball poked away and losing it out of bounds...eeesh.

Last edited:
I agree Philk that was painful to watch.

The fans were catonic, almost like watching an exhibition game.

I've never seen more unenthused players, maybe we should give them a raise?

dbs

This thread is like 30 pages too long -- when does football start?

Sorry -- Golden State vs. Cleveland would be an interesting Finals -- the NBA's worst ratings nightmare, but interesting anyway.

diamond said:
Are you folks warming up to the Utah Jazz yet?

dbs

I've been warmed. But I liked them from the beginning of the season. I've always liked Williams and Boozer since college, Dee Brown is on the team too(go illini..). Okur is the man. And Matt Harpring is the coolest NBA player. So, sure. I'm just happy they beat the Rockets. I can't stand them...:mad:

the spurs are a great franchise and all, one of the best run franchises in all of professional sports, but god damn... their constant whining will drive you bat shit. it's like they've never committed a foul before, in their own minds.

and bruce bown is a piece of shit... but amare still shouldn't have said anything.

Last edited:
I think the Spurs are the worst of the group, but, I think the whole playoffs are littered with too much whining. The Warriors spent way too much time bitching to refs last night, instead of getting back on D. Drives me crazy. Jerry Sloan whines a lot, too.

I watched an NBA game last year and kept track of how many possessions happened and how many times on those possessions the players complained or whined.

The results were out of 27 posessions, 25 of them contained some sort of whining by players or coaches or both. Liesje was my witness.

And it was a Phoenix vs San Antonio game...last yearl :tsk:

wow... i've always been a huge big shot bob fan but that was one of the most blatant cheap shots i've seen in a long time.

he's gonna be suspended for game five... but i think amare might be also. i spied with my little eye amare leaving the bench area.

i'm slowly but surely losing the respect that i've gained for the spurs over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom