NBA Basketball 2006-07: The Thread Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dallas was built to play against the Spurs and the Suns in the playoffs, they can change the tempo to fit either team and match-up well.

The difference maker has been of course Baron Davis, who like Chauncey Billups is too strong of a player for most 1-guards to handle. Normally Josh Howard would guard Davis, but he has to stick with Jackson, Barnes, Ellis, J-Rich, etc...

The Warriors are the real deal and have the best home-court advantage of any time in the playoffs. I think the Mavs will win Game 5, and if they play almost flawlessly in Oakland and take it back to Dallas... you never know.

Where's Bennett Salvatore when you need him?

Last edited:
Wow, that was hard watching the Warriors just absolutely go down like that..

Baron did nothing to get his 5th foul, and tell me, I forgot his name, but why did he want to get ejected for the 2nd time in this series? I mean when your team is down, you just dont get ejected..

But I will give credit to Dirk for stepping up his game in the last 5 minutes...

And now....a Warrior collapse.
Can anybody finish a game any more in the NBA?
I think that was the Warriors chance to close out this series Dallas will probably win in 7. It has by far been the most entertaining series of the playoffs thus far...if you love the run and gun style.

I'm still riding on the Warriors' bandwagon until they are eliminated. And kudos to the GSW fans...they have had the best home crowd of all the playoff teams.

Go Warriors!

Last edited:
bandwagon.jpg

That's the same bandwagon photo I posted last year. :drool:

Anygay, there's strong possibility of suspensions coming, if you believe Mark Stein:

Game 5 Incident Report
by: Marc Stein
posted: Wednesday, May 2, 2007 | Feedback | Print Entry
filed under: Dallas Mavericks

DALLAS -- It has to be the leading candidate for Best Game of Round 1: Dallas 118, Golden State 112.

So what could spoil the mood heading into Thursday's massive Game 6?

League discipline, of course.

Here's hoping both teams are full strength Thursday for such an important one, but we've got a couple situations to monitor after Tuesday's roller-coaster Game 5 in Big D:

• NBA observers in the building interviewed multiple spectators after the game about an alleged tangle between Golden State's Jason Richardson and a Mavs fan sitting across from the Dallas bench. Richardson fell after a shot and tempers appeared to flare when the Warriors' swingman felt he was being impeded as he tried to get up to rejoin the game. Because the Mavs' fan filed a report with NBA security, league officials are expected to review the incident.

• Golden State's Stephen Jackson was kicked out with 8.9 seconds to play to make it two ejections for Jackson in the Warriors' two losses in this series. Jackson maintains he was unfairly expelled this time for clapping -- the same offense that got Baron Davis ejected from Game 2 -- but it remains to be seen whether the league plans to tack on a penalty in addition to Don Nelson's post-game vow to fine his primary Dirk Nowitzki defender "a substantial amount." NBA commissioner David Stern said Friday in Oakland, after Jackson was fined $50,000 for his first ejection and mostly for not leaving the court in a timely manner, that Jackson's past transgressions didn't factor into the punishment. "But the next one will," Stern added.

PS -- Dallas' Jason Terry shoving Baron Davis near the Warriors' bench might get a look as well, since it received plenty of TV time postgame, but a few folks who have seen the replay (I haven't yet) insist there was a flop involved.

Last edited:
PS -- Dallas' Jason Terry shoving Baron Davis near the Warriors' bench might get a look as well, since it received plenty of TV time postgame, but a few folks who have seen the replay (I haven't yet) insist there was a flop involved

Flop? Was Manu Ginobli in the building?

Everyone is flopping these days. I have never seen so many PF and C's trying to take charges. Nene took one on Tony Parker. I've never seen a 5'10" point guard knock over a HUGE man so easily before. :rolleyes:

It's getting ridiculous. Soon, they'll hold their legs in pain, and the trainers will bring out that magic spray to make it all better. (insert random soccer joke here).

Ugh, a.l and melo couldn't keep up with parker and duncan..

:(

Now watching this Lakers game makes me hate Kwame Brown to the core..
He doesn't hustle and lets people run around him like he didnt help out and stood there when Nash when up for the lay-up..

hopefully something will magically happen to Kobe and the Lakers and will charge up because the way it's going is not for any Lakers fan liking...

Got Philk? said:
Everyone is flopping these days. I have never seen so many PF and C's trying to take charges. Nene took one on Tony Parker. I've never seen a 5'10" point guard knock over a HUGE man so easily before. :rolleyes:

It's getting ridiculous. Soon, they'll hold their legs in pain, and the trainers will bring out that magic spray to make it all better. (insert random soccer joke here).

coughcoughcoughbenwallaceonshaqcoughcoughcough

Got Philk? said:

Vlade Divac just called. He's extremely upset that you don't remember him.

i always thought vlade had a career in hollywood after his playing days were over... no one flopped better.

a close second has to go to reggie miller... he could take a lite bump coming around a screen and make it look like he just got shot

there are coaches and programs (coughcoughdukecoughcough) that actually teach the flop as part of their defensive instruction

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:

coughcoughcoughbenwallaceonshaqcoughcoughcough

cough cough Shaq tried on Kirk Heinrich cough cough.

Everybody tries to flop on Shaq. Big Ben is no exception. I'm talking about ridiculous 300+ pound men being knocked over like a bowling pin by 180 pound guards. Ridiculous.

And of course I remember Vlade. He was also in a few commercials out in Sacramento. I think for a car dealership with Peja. Apparently it was pretty funny. I have family out there. :D

Err, his knees? A lot of players wear thin tight braces just under their knees for extra support. The tape would be doing the same thing.

Support. Bad Knees.

Now that Golden State seemingly has won the series, I will go into my thoughts for their next series. I was mad thinking that Dallas was going to go ahead and have to play Utah or Houston. I thought for them, those would be easy teams to beat.

Now, I look at it more along the lines of, hey, Golden State could beat those teams! How cool would that be! The thing is, I never have liked Baron Davis, or Jackson. But I'll cheer for Biedrens. He's the man.

Warriors WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rockon:

Mark Cuban looked Pissed. What Will Barkley say now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom