NBA Basketball 2006-07: The Thread - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-09-2006, 10:43 AM   #106
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer
Why on earth did 76ers chariman Ed Snider announce that Allen Iverson asked to be traded? Way to hurt your leverage.
what leverage does he have for an aging, undersized point guard who shoots every time he touches the ball, is an injury waiting to happen and has a criminal record the size of the yellow pages anyway?

he should have traded him years ago.

i give 5 days till the iverson to the knicks for marbury or francis rumors begin.

Old 12-09-2006, 01:31 PM   #107
Blue Crack Supplier

I just hope this signals the end of the Billy King Era, possibly the worst GM ever in Philadelphia. Worse than even the out-matched Ed Wade.

They can't get anything back for him, and they can't dump salary for it has to match for this season. It's the worst handling of salary I've ever seen. Really, it is.

Old 12-09-2006, 01:40 PM   #108
Blue Crack Distributor

iverson's only got 2 years left on his deal... if philly takes on a contract that is more than 2 years in length, they're retarded.

all they have to do is look up the turnpike at the knicks... this whole mess started when they agreed to trade patrick ewing. if they would have just let his contract run out, all this salary cap mess never would have happened. every move the knicks have made since that day has been an attempt to turn what they got in the ewing trade into something of value. it's been quite succesful, as you can see.

if i'm philly i ask for wally world, gerald green and a pick... toss in scalabrene to make the contracts work... and send igoudala to boston with AI and maybe a second round pick or something like that.

if i'm boston, i want no part of allen iverson.

if i'm isiah, i shoot myself. if i survive, i try to swap iverson for marbury straight up. throw in nate robinson and get carney back from philly if you must.

not that i like iverson but marbury needs to go and their contracts are exactly the same. trade one headache for another and hope for the best.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:44 PM   #109
Blue Crack Supplier

If I'm Billy King, I kill myself. If I survive, I ask Ed Snider to do it for me. If that doesn't work, I'll just give a gun to the first Sixer fan I see and let him do it.
Old 12-09-2006, 04:27 PM   #110
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:53 PM
I wonder if Minnesota will make a big enough push for Iverson.

Wait, Kevin McHale's their GM, nevermind.

I doubt Billy King's dumb enough to trade him to another Atlantic Division team, but I'm sure Phills would disagree with me there.

How about Iverson and a pick for Ray Allen and Luke Ridnour?
Old 12-09-2006, 04:40 PM   #111
Blue Crack Supplier

Oh he's definitely dumb enough to do it. He re-signed Dalembert for triple his market value. Double for Korver. Added C-Web to a team with the already monstrously paid Iverson.

Anything is possible.
Old 12-10-2006, 04:04 AM   #112
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
all they have to do is look up the turnpike at the knicks... this whole mess started when they agreed to trade patrick ewing. if they would have just let his contract run out, all this salary cap mess never would have happened. every move the knicks have made since that day has been an attempt to turn what they got in the ewing trade into something of value. it's been quite succesful, as you can see.
Yeah...

The Ewing deal was a four-team deal, and NY ended up getting

Glenn Rice
Luc Longley
Travis Knight
Vernon Maxwell
Lazaro Borrell
Vladimir Stepania
2 2001 1st Round draft picks
2 2001 2nd Round draft picks

Luc Longley played a year and then retired.

Travis Knight was out of the league by 2003.

Vladimir Stepania was waived immediatly after the trade.

As far as I can tell, neither Vernon Maxwell nor Lazaro Borrell ever played a minute for the Knicks either.

Glenn Rice was traded for Howard Eisley and Shandon Anderson.

Shandon Anderson played for the Knicks until his contract was up, at which point he signed with the Heat.

Howard Eisley was part of the deal that brought Marbury, Penny, and Cezary Trybanski(who was out of the league by the end of that season) to NY in exchange for McDyess, Howard, and others.

Penny was subsequently traded, with Ariza, to Orlando for Franchise.

I stared at nbadraft.net's record of the 2001 draft for probably 20 minutes, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out what those two first rounders and two second rounders ever became. It was too confusing; whose picks were they originally, who owned the picks on draft night, what draft night trades occured......I just simply have no idea what the hell those picks ended up being for the Knicks.

So, essentially, as of now, Ewing is Marbury+Franchise+whatever those picks became.

And Eisley wasn't even close to being the biggest part of the Marbury/Penny deal, so realistically speaking, Ewing is now whatever those picks became.

Nice.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:26 AM   #113
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

And the Iverson Sweepstakes continues!

My money's on either a trade with the Clippers involving Corey Magette, a trade with the Lakers, or something involving the Bobcats.

I have no clue.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:43 AM   #114
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:53 PM
^^Pleeeeease. As a Michigan fan, you could have at least spelled Glen Rice's name correct. You're KILLING me.

One "n". ONE "N"!!!!

Anyway, I went to a Bulls game and saw Big Ben grab 27 rebounds. Yup, 27. Quite a performance. And you guessed it, piss poor shooting by both teams really. Aside from Redd and Mo Williams.

I'd really like to see more of something that happened in the 4th. Ben Wallace posted up, and made some great passes to cutters through the lane. All night, it was outside shot after outside shot. When we're on, we're alright, but 15 point leads go fast when we're off. As it did.

Point is, we still need a big fella. But good game ending a 8 game home streak where we went 7-1. Not bad eh?

But it's Glen Rice...not Glenn...That's Glenn Robinson...Glen Rice...
Old 12-16-2006, 10:56 AM   #115
Refugee

Local Time: 12:53 AM
Im going down to minnesota to see the T-wolves play the bulls. The first NBA regular season game, that I will see in person. I'm pretty excited.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:43 AM   #116
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by thetitans2k
Im going down to minnesota to see the T-wolves play the bulls. The first NBA regular season game, that I will see in person. I'm pretty excited.
have fun!

that should be an interesting matchup.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:53 PM   #117
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:53 PM
Yeah, the T-Wolves were the 1 loss in that 8 game homestand. And I think they KILLED us.

Maybe they will have AI whenyou're there.

Have Fun!
Old 12-16-2006, 11:24 PM   #118
Blue Crack Distributor

mardy collins is a douchebag, but carmello anthony is a fucking pussy.

collins should be suspended for a while for that cheap shot... but what a pansy ass anthony his. waits till the guy's hands are dropped before he delivers a cheap shot to his face, then proceeds to back pedal out of there so that no one could get at him. i gained some respect for jared jeffries for going after him up the court so hard.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:31 PM   #119
Blue Crack Supplier

I sincerely want the Sixers to break the losing streak record. Billy King absolutely has earned having that kind of record on his record.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:24 AM   #120
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
mardy collins is a douchebag, but carmello anthony is a fucking pussy.

collins should be suspended for a while for that cheap shot... but what a pansy ass anthony his. waits till the guy's hands are dropped before he delivers a cheap shot to his face, then proceeds to back pedal out of there so that no one could get at him. i gained some respect for jared jeffries for going after him up the court so hard.
and nate robinson is 5'7" of pure punk.