NBA Basketball 2006-07: The Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't mind seeing the Mavs win the title, but after last year's Finals, I don't know if they can do it. They just rely on jump shooting too much. They get afraid to go inside. Dirk could score inside on a fairly regular basis if he wanted to, but, at least in last year's finals, he didn't. He settles for mid-range jump shots. When you're in the finals playing against a team with a Wade and a Shaq who get every single damn call there is, you can't rely on jump shots.

I hope the Heat lose in the first round.

i see the nets are begining the opening stages of their demolition, which of course will eventually end up with lebron james opting out of his contract in 2009 to join the nets in their first season in brooklyn, which is already a done deal, considering that lebron's agent is also that of jay-z, who is part owner of the nets.

you heard it here first... mark it done.

love,
oliver stone

The Lakers' offer for Jason Kidd is Chris Mihm, Kwame Brown, Jordan Farmar, and a draft pick.

If I were Rod Thorn and somebody made that offer for one of the greatest point guards in league history, I'd laugh and hang up.

There has GOT to be a better deal the Nets can get. I don't care about the Nets, but on principle, this is just an awful, awful, awful deal.

namkcuR said:
The Lakers' offer for Jason Kidd is Chris Mihm, Kwame Brown, Jordan Farmar, and a draft pick.

If I were Rod Thorn and somebody made that offer for one of the greatest point guards in league history, I'd laugh and hang up.

There has GOT to be a better deal the Nets can get. I don't care about the Nets, but on principle, this is just an awful, awful, awful deal.

The Nets aren't going anywhere with 3 monster contracts in Kidd, Carter, and Jefferson. Like Headache said, I bet they're thinking way long-term.

I've heard rumors of Carter to Orlando for Grant Hill and Hedo Turkoglu. Definitely, definitely love that.

How about the Luke Ridnour to the Hawks rumor?

That team would be scary with a real point guard.

There's also a Nate Robinson-Channing Frye for Rashard Lewis rumor going around.

LemonMacPhisto said:

The Nets aren't going anywhere with 3 monster contracts in Kidd, Carter, and Jefferson. Like Headache said, I bet they're thinking way long-term.

I've heard rumors of Carter to Orlando for Grant Hill and Hedo Turkoglu. Definitely, definitely love that.

The difference is that that Carter deal gets you Hill's huge expiring contract. A huge expiring contract is a GREAT rebuilding tool.

For Kidd, they would get Mihm(often injured), Kwame(shit), Farmar(unproven crap), and a pick(probably not lottery).

You can't do any rebuilding with any of that.

Mihm has an expiring contract, Kwame's got 2 years left, Farmar is a solid young point guard, plus this year's draft could be really deep, who knows.

"And let it be known, one day, when you least expect it......I will have sex with you" :lol:

namkcuR said:

The difference is that that Carter deal gets you Hill's huge expiring contract. A huge expiring contract is a GREAT rebuilding tool.

For Kidd, they would get Mihm(often injured), Kwame(shit), Farmar(unproven crap), and a pick(probably not lottery).

You can't do any rebuilding with any of that.

chris mihm's contract is expiring. farmar is not crap... yes he's unproven, as rookies tend to be... he does have some promise, and on top of it, he will make under 1 million for the majority of his rookie contract... as for kwame brown? yes... he is shit. he also has just one year left on his deal after this season, and the lakers need to include someone other than what they're already getting in order to make the trade work. even if the nets were to hold out and get bynum, they'd still need to take kwame brown to make the money match up. they need to take a contract on to make it work, taking a guy with just over a year left on his deal is a hell of a lot better than taking a guy with 4/5 years left.

and odds are if they trade kidd, they'll trade carter, too.

so they'll be left with a bunch of picks, some young talent and oodles and oodles of cap room, with a move to a brand new arena in a desireable place to play coming in just 2 years.

the older kidd gets the harder it will be for them to move him. carter will likely opt out at season's end. the nets should trade them both now while they can get something for 'em.

LemonMacPhisto said:
How about the Luke Ridnour to the Hawks rumor?

That team would be scary with a real point guard.

There's also a Nate Robinson-Channing Frye for Rashard Lewis rumor going around.

while i'm not a huge lewis fan, i'm certainly not a nate robinson or channing frye fan, either.. so as long as they don't give up any picks to get it done i'm ok with it.

the hawks are 11 games under .500 in the god awful east. somehow i doubt adding luke ridnour will strike fear into the hearts of their opponents.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

while i'm not a huge lewis fan, i'm certainly not a nate robinson or channing frye fan, either.. so as long as they don't give up any picks to get it done i'm ok with it.

the hawks are 11 games under .500 in the god awful east. somehow i doubt adding luke ridnour will strike fear into the hearts of their opponents.

I was talking about next season, while he's no Chris Paul, Luke Ridnour is one of the few true point guards in the league right now.

I really like his game and it would complement Joe Johnson and Josh Smith pretty well.

I see what you mean. I like Josh Smith and Joe Johnson... and that's it.

But I do like laughing at how much Tyronn Lue looks like ref Violet Palmer and Josh Childress looks like Urkel.

Who do you think the Lakers are most likely to get pippen or kidd, or both?

I vote pippen...

I thought it was funny when I saw shaq and lebron dancing:lol:

The night before the all-star game was so much more better then the game itself....

Not much of a surprised that east got cream, even though I am a more of a west fan.

now what about those shaq slot machine shoes! that 5 seconds were better than the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom