NBA Basketball 2006-07: The Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really wanna trade him, just reinjure the foot for another 6 weeks or so.
I'd like him healthy next year in the lineup with Oden, Jefferson, Green and Rondo.

i think this is all you really have to know about the nba this season...

Top 8 Eastern Conference Teams vs. the West
1. detroit - 10-9
2. washington - 9-9
3. cleveland - 12-8
4. toronto - 9-14
5. indiana - 9-11
6. chicago - 9-15
7. orlando - 12-9
8. miami - 13-11

teams over .500 vs. the west - 4
teams at .500 vs. the west - 1
teams under .500 vs. the west - 3

Top 8 Western Conference Teams vs. The East
1. dallas - 14-3
2. phoenix - 20-3
3. utah - 15-7
4. san antonio - 14-7
5. houston - 14 - 2
6. lakers - 13-13
7. denver - 15-8
8. minnesota - 10-8

teams over .500 vs. the east - 7
teams at .500 vs. the east - 1
teams under .500 vs. the east - 0

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
i think this is all you really have to know about the nba this season...

Top 8 Eastern Conference Teams vs. the West
1. detroit - 10-9
3. cleveland - 12-8

7. orlando - 12-9
8. miami - 13-11

teams over .500 vs. the west - 2
The new math?
Looks like 4 to me

Tim Hardaway doesn't care about gay people.

It's disconcerting to see the Magic worse against the East than the West too :(

CHARLES BARKLEY ALWAYS puts his money where his mouth is. (Especially if it's near a blackjack table, but that's another story.)

Anyway, as you may have heard, Barkley's 43-year-old yap has gotten him into in a footrace with a 67-year-old NBA referee - Dick Bavetta.

While filling in during a TNT broadcast on Jan. 4, Barkley and lead announcer Marv Albert got into a discussion that ended with Sir Charles announcing, "I can outrun Dick Bavetta right now, Marv."

We'll see Saturday.

Barkley and Bavetta will run the court at UNLV's Thomas & Mack center 2 ½ times during Saturday night's all-star festivities televised by TNT. The network is partnering with the NBA and donating $50,000 to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Las Vegas, which takes the cynicism off the publicity-stunt angle of this story.

Barkley, who has suggested that Bavetta helped Moses part the Red Sea, is the underdog. Raptors coach Sam Mitchell summed up the popular sentiment around the league to the Toronto Sun:

"If it's an eating contest, I'll take Charles," he said, "but a foot race, I'll probably take [Bavetta]."

If the referee is smart, he'll sit Charles down at some blackjack table at Caesar's tomorrow night - preferably one close to an ATM machine - and tell the waitress to keep 'em coming.

While he's at it, he probably should put the paramedics on standby for Saturday.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

At a Rainbow media X-mas party in 1996, Jim Dolan got up to the microphone to thank his employees for a great year. He then went on to mention how he had hired a band, so people needed to dance. When nobody got up to dance, he started yelling at everyone to get up and dance, now!!! Additionally, there was a day in early 1997 where the snow was so heavy that the Governor declared a State emergency and no cars were allowed on the road, except for official business. This was a weekday. The next day, everyone went to work and everyone gets and e-mail from Dolan(e-mail was relatively new at this time and it surprises me he figured out how to use it) expressing his disappointment that nobody came to work, he went on to question everyone's dedication and explain how everyone is getting docked a day's pay. One employee replied to all and mentioned that it was a state emergency and would have been against the law to go to work, and if he follows through with his docked pay threat that she's going to report him to various organizations and media outlets. He then replies to that, saying he was unaware and that everyone will get paid but it would have been nice if people were more dedicated to the company.

He's a great leader.

No spoken words said:

At a Rainbow media X-mas party in 1996, Jim Dolan got up to the microphone to thank his employees for a great year. He then went on to mention how he had hired a band, so people needed to dance. When nobody got up to dance, he started yelling at everyone to get up and dance, now!!! Additionally, there was a day in early 1997 where the snow was so heavy that the Governor declared a State emergency and no cars were allowed on the road, except for official business. This was a weekday. The next day, everyone went to work and everyone gets and e-mail from Dolan(e-mail was relatively new at this time and it surprises me he figured out how to use it) expressing his disappointment that nobody came to work, he went on to question everyone's dedication and explain how everyone is getting docked a day's pay. One employee replied to all and mentioned that it was a state emergency and would have been against the law to go to work, and if he follows through with his docked pay threat that she's going to report him to various organizations and media outlets. He then replies to that, saying he was unaware and that everyone will get paid but it would have been nice if people were more dedicated to the company.

He's a great leader.

Is he GOB Bluth?

kellyahern said:

See, I was gonna go with The Office, but that works too :yes:.

the "everybody dance now!" line is verbatim from the christmas party episode of arrested development. priceless jimmy, priceless :lol:

can't go wrong with an office reference though :up:

"there's no way of knowing who this is..."

"Oh that's me your honor, I f***ed my wife!"

Back on topic, what's the deal with the NBA vetoing Dwight's dunk requests? I know, it might've made things too interesting.

He was terrible towards the end of his career he shouldn't come back. He was great with Mj though.

Dwight's about to get screwed out of the dunk contest.

His was the best so far.

thetitans2k said:
He was terrible towards the end of his career he shouldn't come back. He was great with Mj though.

He wasn't terrible. He just didn't do much of anything..basically b/c of his bad back.

I'm a little weary of his return. He was/is my favorite player of all time.

And why should a player get 13 attempts at a dunk in the dunk competition? I can see 2 or 3. But it is getting ridiculous.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Dwight's about to get screwed out of the dunk contest.

His was the best so far.

he was totally robbed on the dunk he did with the sticker. that was the best and most original dunk i've seen in a long while.

Got Philk? said:
And why should a player get 13 attempts at a dunk in the dunk competition? I can see 2 or 3. But it is getting ridiculous.

the dunk contest has become a joke. go back to one miss... this 2 minutes to get your dunk down, and then another 2 attempts after your time is up is just silly.

the whole point of the dunk contest is the wow factor. after we've seen what you're trying to do 10 times, the wow factor is gone.

go back to having 8 guys in the contest and give 'em one do-over for the entire contest, like how it used to be.

and dwight howard's dunk wasn't really an amazing dunk, per say... it was a pretty average dunk that was preceeded by an unbelievable show of athleticism.

it wasn't really amazing until you saw the replay, saw the sticker and saw how high it was (and it was a damn funny sticker too), which is probably why jordan and dr. j gave him an 8... it was more impressive on replays than it was in real time.

Last edited:
Nate Robinson absolutely screwed Andre Igoudala last year. That's the only Sixer-related thing I cared about in the past 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom