NBA Basketball 2006-07: The Thread - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-17-2007, 07:33 PM   #211
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by zonelistener

He had a low shooting percentage anyway!

He will fit into the gun-totting Bay area (read: Oakland) well, though.
and he's all the more closer to his good bud ron artest

Old 01-17-2007, 09:43 PM   #212
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:45 AM
Oh, I didn't know Diogu was part of the deal. Maybe he'll actually get a little more playing time with the Pacers?

Old 01-18-2007, 07:22 AM   #213
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto

A backcourt of:

Granger-Diogu-O'Neal is pretty good in the East.

But not as good as a frontcourt of the same 3.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:15 PM   #214
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
But not as good as a frontcourt of the same 3.
yeah... that too
Old 01-25-2007, 03:22 PM   #215
ONE
love, blood, life

Look how quiet this thread is.

Nobody ever talks about the NBA during this time of the year. The Superbowl is right around the corner, and then March Madness is right around the corner after that, and then the damn baseball season is right around the corner after that.

Old 01-25-2007, 03:24 PM   #216
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:45 AM
It's because the only 2 teams far and above everyone else is Dallas and Phoenix.

The East is completely mediocre, really, any team could end up between the 1 or 8 seed except Boston, Atlanta, Charlotte, and Philly.

And there will be more to talk about around the All-Star Break. Especially when Shaq starts and Dwight Howard is a reserve.

Old 01-25-2007, 04:57 PM   #217
Blue Crack Distributor

i'd love to be watching good nba basketball, unfortunatly it's all out on the west coast...

it's not even worth getting the nba package (hehe i said package) 'cause all the west coast games are on at like 10:30 at night... i can't stay up that late. fuck that.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:30 PM   #218
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I watched the Bulls beat the Mavs tonight. I just get mad though when I watch them. Ok, don't get me wrong. I am a huge fan and will root for them now and certainly come playoff time. But I think about what was wrong with this team last year. We didn't have a post scorer at all. Now I look at the offseason and we get PJ Brown, and Ben Wallace to help out the post. PJ Brown was good for 12 points in his prime. He's not in his prime any more. Ben can't shoot.

Then I think about the draft. Tyrus Thomas...he isn't even playing right now b/c he's struggling so bad.

I know we've gone over this all before, but it's frustrating. B/c here we are again around trade deadline time wishing we could trade for a big man like Gasol or Garnett, but here's the truth. In order to do so, we would have to trade our future stars. Gordon or Deng. This is why I bring it up again. Our past mistakes, especially the big contract for Big Ben, will now prevent us from getting what we really need. Or, from getting what we really need without giving up something else we really need.

But maybe I'm wrong. Maybe we now have what we need to get to the top. I just don't see us winning if our offense is drive, kick out, 3 ball, all game long. That is how we blow 18 point leads to teams like New Jersey or even almost tonight vs Dallas a little bit.

My rant is done.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:07 PM   #219
Blue Crack Distributor

if the bulls had listened to me they wouldn't be in this predicament 'cause they wouldn't have signed wallace and wouldn't have drafted thomas
Old 01-25-2007, 11:09 PM   #220
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Just out of curiosity, who would you have drafted?

I will tell you what I think, but I want to hear yours first.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:38 AM   #221
Blue Crack Distributor

morrison or roy... if i was of the thought where i needed a low post guy, i would have taken aldridge... who is playing better than i thought he would, admittedly... but at least aldridge is an offensive threat in the post, where as tyrus thomas learned how to do the mikan drill, the most basic big man drill in all of basketball, a drill which is taught to 4th graders, a month before the draft.

yeeeeaa...

then i would have made every attempt to send a package deal that included the rights to the knicks pick (which at the time people would have thought would be a sure fire top 3 pick) along with gordon and whoever else i had to throw in to make it work salary wise (except for hinrich) to minnesota to try and get garnett, saving the cap room that was wasted on ben wallace to make the trade easier.

minnesota may not have traded him, but for cap room, draft picks and a shot at oden? it would have at the very least peeked their interest.

if that didn't work, i'd have explored other trade options, and if nothing was readily available, i'd sit on the cap room, save the knicks pick in hope it produced oden, and if it didn't, i'd still have a large chunk of cap room the next year and a ton of tradeable assets.

the two things needed (and still need mind you) is a low post scoring threat and/or a bonefied #1 scoring guard... they've got a lot of complimentary players, they don't have that one guy who you know can carry you if you need him to. roy and morrison at least had/have the potential to develop into that sort of player... i'd be shocked of thomas ever does.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:14 AM   #222
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

the two things needed (and still need mind you) is a low post scoring threat and/or a bonefied #1 scoring guard... they've got a lot of complimentary players, they don't have that one guy who you know can carry you if you need him to. roy and morrison at least had/have the potential to develop into that sort of player... i'd be shocked of thomas ever does.
Roy was my pick. And if not him, Aldridge. But I thought this. We don't have a true shooting guard. I do like Gordon a lot...off the bench. I don't like how Heinrich needs to guard players 3-4 inches taller than him every night. That's where Roy would have fit in perfect. That and he's going to be a star.

And I do not think the signing of Wallace was smart at all, which I only say because I have tried all season long to justify it. But it wasn't smart.

I honestly hope we trade Thomas before the trade deadline. If not because he's not going to be good, because it seems Skiles doesn't like him. And when that happens, you don't really play...ever.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:37 AM   #223
Blue Crack Distributor

i think it'll be a long shot for ty thomas to ever be an all star level player, which is what you're looking for at that high a draft pick.

he is incredibly raw... with 2 or 3 more years of college, maybe. but when a guy already has all the money he'll ever need for the rest of his life and he's not even a year in, where's the motivation?

to quote his royal airness...

Quote:
Today, players receive the rewards before they prove their worth... The big NBA contract comes with the big shoe contract. With those contracts come national commercials. With that kind of notoriety comes expectations, some of which are bound to be out of proportion to the player's experience and ability...

We had to earn what came to us. I never knew any other way, so I never thought otherwise. There wasn't a line of comrporations looking to invest in young NBA players in 1984. Those kinds of deals happened because of what we were doing on the floor. It's often the other way around today, which makes it a lot harder for young players to realize the dpeth of their potential. It's hard to spend all summer working on one aspect of your game when you have already received the payoff. I never had that problem.
-Michael Jordan
Old 01-26-2007, 10:54 AM   #224
Blue Crack Distributor

found the article... it was a pre-draft article by that all knowing genius chad ford...

Quote:
Livingston then tells me about the first time he took Thomas through the Mikan drill, the foundational drill for every big man in the NBA.
"He'd never done it before," Livingston remembers. "He couldn't do it. I remember it was a Friday and we spent a while on it and he just couldn't get it right -- especially the reverse Mikan.
"He had to go away to a funeral over the weekend. He got back on Sunday night and called me and said, 'Randy, meet me up at the gym, I've got to show you something.' I came in and the kid is in the gym doing the drill perfect. The thing is, where did he find time to work on it? The kid was traveling and at a funeral. It was right then I knew I had something special. He wants to get better."
let's put it this way... the group that i'm in charge of at basketball camp over the summer are 7th & 8th graders. we don't do mikans because it's too basic for most of the kids at that level. they do mikans on the 4th & 5th grade courts.

yet here chad ford is supposed to make me impressed because ty thomas, a D1 college athlete and lottery pick, learned how to do the mikan drill in a week?

please... even if a player of his supposed caliber has never done the drill before in his life, he should be able to pick it up in about 30 seconds. you can not get more basic than the mikan drill. i'll go do it right now in a shirt, tie and dress shoes. it's repetitive layups. i have kids do mikans in tryouts to weed out the droolers. and ty thomas learned how to do it. whoopity damn do.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:54 AM   #225
New Yorker

It's all about the motherf***ing Lakers, BABY!!!!!!!!!!!