NBA Basketball 2006-07: The Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the nets may be back under .500, but hey... they did debut the nets senior dancers last night :happy:

nba_a_seniors_395.jpg

ginobli should be suspended for the knee to Amare's groin in tonights game. After Kobe got suspended for such a small offense, ginobli deserves at least one game.

Hewson said:
What about LeBron clocking Wade in the throat?
That should draw 1 game as well.

Agreed.

While serving that suspension, maybe James can study Wade and his free throw technique. If James can't figure out how to make them from the stripe, he will never be able to help his team win games down the stretch. Wade, being able to hit his FTs, can drive the lane every possession. He either hits the shot or goes to the line and makes his FTs. A lot of times he hits the shot AND goes to the line.

Bottom line, as much as I don't want to admit it, the Cavs are in trouble.

That Cle/Mia game was a prime example of the importance of FT shooting. Ironic that Shaq's team won because of superior FT shooting, but he was on the bench having fouled out. Had he been on the floor, Cleveland might have won.

U2ME3 said:

Agreed.

While serving that suspension, maybe James can study Wade and his free throw technique. If James can't figure out how to make them from the stripe, he will never be able to help his team win games down the stretch. Wade, being able to hit his FTs, can drive the lane every possession. He either hits the shot or goes to the line and makes his FTs. A lot of times he hits the shot AND goes to the line.

Bottom line, as much as I don't want to admit it, the Cavs are in trouble.

you mean wasting cap space on larry hughes and and drew don't call me dwight gooden was a bad idea? no way!

that's why orlando concerns me so much... they have a great young core with a potential hall of famer in the middle and a TON of cap space available with the expiration of grant hill's uber mega contract.

my concern is that they do something stupid and drop 75% of the newly discovered cap space on, oh i don't know, jamal magloire for 13 million per season, thus effectively paralyzing any hopes of improving the team in the future and putting themselves at risk of losing dwight howard to free agency down the line, much like cleveland is at risk of lebron bouncing come the summer of 2011 (when he'll be the ripe old age of 26... not to mention bron bron has an opt out after 3 years, this year being the first)

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:

you mean wasting cap space on larry hughes and and drew don't call me dwight gooden was a bad idea? no way!

that's why orlando concerns me so much... they have a great young core with a potential hall of famer in the middle and a TON of cap space available with the expiration of grant hill's uber mega contract.

my concern is that they do something stupid and drop 75% of the newly discovered cap space on, oh i don't know, jamal magloire for 13 million per season, thus effectively paralyzing any hopes of improving the team in the future and putting themselves at risk of losing dwight howard to free agency down the line, much like cleveland is at risk of lebron bouncing come the summer of 2011 (when he'll be the ripe old age of 26... not to mention bron bron has an opt out after 3 years, this year being the first)

I'm scared too.

What Orlando needs to do is get that go-to guy. I wouldn't mind if they resign Grant Hill to the minimum and pick up a guy like Vince Carter in free agency. He'll be able to take pressure off of Dwight, especially since teams are finally discovering he can't shoot free throws.

The reason Shaq left Orlando was because of money, location, and coaching. In LA, he had Wilt and Kareem as coaches to help him develop even more. In Orlando, he had Tree Rollins.

Now in LA, Kareem is coaching Andrew Bynum and look at how much he's improved. In Orlando, Dwight's got Mark Bryant.

So what Orlando needs to do is get a veteran big guy, maybe someone like Dikembe Mutumbo, I don't know to help develop not just Dwight Howard, but Darko Milicic. Tony Battie and Mark Bryant won't cut it.

if you've ever watched dikembe mutumbo, he's the last person you need to tutor a young player who needs help developing his offense... ok, scratch that... second to last after ben wallace.

great players, big names, do not a great coach make. there is a reason why bench warmers, journeymen and college walk ons tend to make the best coaches, where as superstars tend to not last very long.

Yeah, not Dikembe Mutumbo per se, but a rebounder and veteran like him on the roster. I just couldn't think of one at the time.

And yeah, big names don't usually make the best coaches, but they can be good development coaches to players.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
if you've ever watched dikembe mutumbo, he's the last person you need to tutor a young player who needs help developing his offense... ok, scratch that... second to last after ben wallace.

That's why he have PJ Brown instead. I'm sure Tyrus is learning lots from him. Like maybe he's now figuring out the 3 man weave.

Tyrus made the dunk contest, but not the skills contest.

an outrage i say.

To quote Rodney Dangerfield in Caddyshack: "Ooh my arm":

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/

February 06, 2007
Pierce sent home
By Shira Springer, Globe Staff
Celtics captain Paul Pierce returned to Boston early this morning when he reported some swelling in his left elbow and was diagosed with a low grade fever.

He is expected to have an appointment later today with team physician Dr. Brian McKeon at New England Baptist Hospital.

According to team spokesman Jeff Twiss neither the swollen elbow nor his fever were deemed serious though the Celtics wanted Pierce to be checked out as soon as possible.

Pierce was in Detroit today to continue his rehab from a stress reaction in his left foot and to support the Celtics when they meet the Detroit Pistons at the Palace in Auburn Holl tonight.

Pierce was not expected to be activated in tonight's game. There is no telling if the swollen elbow or fever would further delay his return to the court.

Just lose baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom