NBA 2018-19 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i was joking but sure, despite only having one starting player carried over and a new head coach its totally the same as the last few years cause they barely lost the first game.

Last edited:
He's a rather important starter. A starter who's been a disappointment in the playoffs in his career. And a starter who put up a goose egg today. At home. Against a team who didn't know they were in the playoffs a week ago.

But I agree. It's one game. Toronto SHOULD be better. They SHOULD be able to move forward to a conference finals claah against Milwaukee.

But yea, I'm still gonna wait and see on them. I dunno... maybe that's craaaaaaaazy.

Even taking off my homer blinders, it's definitely a wait and see for every team in the East this year. I think Milwaukee still should be the favorites based on how deep the are, but I've never seen Giannis or Middleton make a big shot in a Game 7 yet. That's what has me most nervous.

With that kind of insight, assume he'll be doing color analysis for the Finals this year, possibly do the whole play by play and color solo, no need for anyone else.

Even taking off my homer blinders, it's definitely a wait and see for every team in the East this year. I think Milwaukee still should be the favorites based on how deep the are, but I've never seen Giannis or Middleton make a big shot in a Game 7 yet. That's what has me most nervous.
I do not disagree.
Giannis tho

Well that was an evening.

--The Warriors will probably be better without Boogie, who was a bad fit.

--Boogie probably regrets not talking the money even more now.

--How Embiid didn't get a flagrant 2 for that shot is beyond me.

--Also, fuck these guys
https://twitter.com/NBCSPhilly/status/1117991107760095232?s=09

Oh tee hee, I intentionally concussed my opponent. Tee hee, tee hee.

--Why anyone (namely KD) who's looking to go to a big market team in free agency next year would choose the Knicks or Lakers, two absolute dumpsterfires, over the Clippers or Nets - who can offer the same things, but are actually good and have quality management - is beyond my comprehension.

Right.

Put KD in Barclay's and see where that number goes.

The Nets can offer a better coach, better GM, better team and better culture.

The Knicks can offer Manhattan. And that's obviously huge. But it's not as if a star player (or two) in Brooklyn wouldn't be a huge draw.

It's no different than LA. The Lakers are obviously the bigger name, but the Clippers are far and away the better product.

I'm not saying it makes sense. But I think attendance/popularity of the team is a real issue for Durant, who seems to be making a decision that is not at all grounded in basketball reasons.

Also, from a purely enjoyment perspective, I much prefer to go to Barclays than MSG.

I'm not sure why any FA would join the Knicks (even if their long-term outlook now is the best they have had since summer 2010).

For a more practical reason: I am not sure Brooklyn can offer KD the max while still keeping Russell.

They can bring back Russell and still have 33 million in cap space. Or they can rescind Russell and have 54 million - at which point it wouldn't take much to free up the extra cash needed for two max deals.

Maybe Prokorov has the KGB threaten Crabbe's life if he doesn't opt out.

If Prokorov frees up 2 max slots, he'll probably use them on Vince Carter and JaVale Magee.

They can bring back Russell and still have 33 million in cap space. Or they can rescind Russell and have 54 million - at which point it wouldn't take much to free up the extra cash needed for two max deals.

If they keep Russell they'd only have about $30 million, which is of course lower than KD's max ($38m), though close enough to the 7-9 year max that Kawhi and Kyrie would command - and that's assuming he signs for something close to his cap hold, which I don't think is realistic.

Making up enough space for two max slots would require using quite a few assets to dump Crabbe's contract and other stuff, which I don't see as likely at all.

Last edited:
If they keep Russell they'd only have about $30 million, which is of course lower than KD's max ($38m), though close enough to the 7-9 year max that Kawhi and Kyrie would command - and that's assuming he signs for something close to his cap hold, which I don't think is realistic.

Making up enough space for two max slots would require using quite a few assets to dump Crabbe's contract and other stuff, which I don't see as likely at all.

They could also stretch Crabbe and turn his 18 into 6.

Russel's cap hold is 21, his max eligible is 27, and his qualifying offer (which he'll never sign) is 9.

Brooklyn's max Cap space if they rescind everyone is 54 - 72 if Crabbe gets mysteriously disappeared into Siberia, 68 if they stretch him.

Regardless of how it plays out, it's a much better situation than playing across the river for that disaster.

kawhi's not going to the clippers.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom