NBA 2018-19 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

I'm probably one of only ten people in the USA watching Cavs-Timberwolves right now, but it's really weird to hear the Minnesota crowd boo Butler when he receives the ball and then switch to cheering when he scores.

What the hell is Marcus Smart doing playing iso ball when Kyrie and Jason Tatum are on the floor with him.

What the hell is Marcus Smart doing playing iso ball when Kyrie and Jason Tatum are on the floor with him.

Marcus has always had an inflated sense of his offense...maybe he still thinks he's in Stillwater and some Iowa State guard is opposing him, and the other 4 guys on his team are schlubs.

Have to take the good with the bad with him, his defense is good enough that you live with the offense. And once in a while he gets hot.

The NBA couldn't get through one weekend without being unnecessarily dramatic. It's glorious. Scott Brooks trying to fight a ref. James Harden's ridiculous flops leading to a fight. Chris Paul pretending to be spit on and needing his banana boat pal to save him from being knocked TF out. LeBron choosing to console his buddy rather than his teammates. The Lakers careening towards the lottery.

The NBA - it's faaaaaaantastic.

Ahhhhhh there was a little more to it then that. He is a Jersey guy, and certain members of his family have issues not spilling their guts.

Alas... it'll be very hard for him to go back on this now. He always can, of course.

There's also the distinct possibility that other pieces have started moving behind the scenes and he knows New York isn't a realistic option anymore. And nobody wants to play for the Nets.
Here is your "little more to it"

"I mean, every team was under consideration, but obviously New York held a special place for me," Irving said after the Celtics' 103-101 win over the Knicks on Saturday night. "Just being from (New) Jersey and, obviously, envisioning myself as a free agent and ultimately taking a meeting and playing for (Knicks head coach David Fizdale) and a great young core that they have here. Thinking about playing with (Kristaps Porzingis). That was a big thing before I made my decision just to ... plan on re-signing back with Boston. But yeah of course New York was a strong consideration."

Apples and oranges here. Rondo has a history of being a scumbag and all I have to do is a petty google to come up with numerous incidents of him doing shit like spitting on people.
Counterpoint: Chris Paul has a history of being a scumbag and all I have to do is a petty Google to come up with numerous incidents of him taking cheap shots at people, hitting them in the nuts, leading charges into his former locker room to try and jump his former coach's son, and being overly dramatic.

I'm not defending Rondo, other than to say at least he doesn't try to pretend he's not a piece of shit.

But CP3 is as big a piece of shit as they come.

There's no evidence that Rondo purposefully spit on anyone in any of the 5 video angles of the fight. Entirely possible that Rondo is a spitter when he talks. But that's a lot different than hocking a loogie in someone's face.

There are many people to blame foe that ridiculousness last night.

Last edited:
Well I wasn’t really defending Chris Paul, but it did seem at first you were defending Rondo.

Rondo is worse, gonna say that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom