NBA 2018-19 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A live look at the Lakers

giphy.gif

Just weird that all of the sudden there’s some Dirk-Wade rivalry just because they’re retiring at the same time.

I suppose they both played at the American Airlines...

Also, holler at the fucking moron who put Lance Stephenson on the same team as Lebron James. Holler at the moron who kept Lavar Ball in the same arena as Lebron James. Holler at the moron who put Rajan Rondo on the same team as Lebron James.

Of course the last one is up for debate, but seriously, who didn’t see that whole mess being a whole mess? Clearly not Lebron.

Just weird that all of the sudden there’s some Dirk-Wade rivalry just because they’re retiring at the same time.

I suppose they both played at the American Airlines...
All of a sudden?

Did you forget when Wade and LeBron mocked Dirk in the NBA Finals, making it seem as if he was taking being sick? There's history there.

All of a sudden?

Did you forget when Wade and LeBron mocked Dirk in the NBA Finals, making it seem as if he was taking being sick? There's history there.

You’re seeing that from this outsider perspective. From a Heat fan perspective, yes we played them, yes twice in less than a decade, but you have to remember... they play in the West. There’s just as much of a “rivalry” there as there was with San Antonio... none really.

In Wade’s career, teams that come to mind? #1, the Detroit Pistons. #2, the Indiana Pacers. #3, the Boston Celtics. #4, the Chicago Bulls.

You’re seeing that from this outsider perspective. From a Heat fan perspective, yes we played them, yes twice in less than a decade, but you have to remember... they play in the West. There’s just as much of a “rivalry” there as there was with San Antonio... none really.

In Wade’s career, teams that come to mind? #1, the Detroit Pistons. #2, the Indiana Pacers. #3, the Boston Celtics. #4, the Chicago Bulls.
K

I'm not saying they Mavs and Heat are rivals... I'm saying that Dirk has had an issue with both Wade and LeBron since that day. He patched it up with Wade this year. LeBron, not so much.

they play in the West. There’s just as much of a “rivalry” there as there was with San Antonio... none really.

Well, ask most folks what the biggest rivalry in NBA history is team wise, and the predominant answer is Lakers-Celtics.
Player rivalry probably Magic-Bird or Russell-Chamberlain.
So being in opposing conferences doesn't deter rivalries necessarily.

Not necessarily applying this logic to the Wade-Nowitzki situation, just a general observation.

Agreed, but you have decades of history and a handful of times where those two teams were exclusively the premier team of their conference. I definitely don’t think the east-west divide is an end of conversation... Pistons/Spurs started getting going in the 2000s. Cavs/Warriors started getting going this decade.. these things sort of just end before they truly begin though. With the Celtics/Lakers, it’s always being revived.

This is the silliest of sillies.

They had a personal beef, that was more Dirk's issue with Wade and his fellow banana boat buddy than anything else. That's about it. They also retired the same year, so obviously people are going to compare them because Stephen A needs to talk about something so why not.

Statistically Dirk was better, which will draw out Dirk stans cause Wade gets all the credit.

They're both all time greats. Who cares.

Ty Lue had a stress breakdown in Cleveland, so not sure how that's gonna work in LA if the Lakers indeed go in that direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom