NBA 2018-19 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ae812b80-a4ad-4c5b-aedf-13f1993446ef_text.gif

Typical ESPN.
Last week when Frank Robinson passed, they didn't report it for like 2 hours on the website after the story broke cause they were so caught up in the NBA trading deadline frenzy.
They suck.

And what has gotten into Siakam? Dude was a spare part last 2 years and suddenly he's the 2nd best player on the team behind only a guy who is top 5 in the league.

There is going to be a sizable portion of the Philly fanbase that argues for the Sixers to cut Jimmy Butler loose this summer and let Tobias Harris be the third man.

They have 3 guys in the starting 5 who are free agents, 2 of whom will be looking for max dollars (I assume Reddick isn't delusional).
Don't think they are going to retain all 3, so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out. If they don't make a deep run this season, Elton Brand may not be long for the job.

Brand has done a good job in a tough spot, in my view. Colangelo left the team with no depth whatsoever by fucking up basically every draft pick not named Ben Simmons. Kicking the can down the road was not an option with Simmons getting a max deal soon. And they cannot rely on free agency to save them with New York and Los Angeles being destination options. So trades had to be the way to go to bring in a max guy. The Butler trade I remain skeptical of, not so much because I think losing Covington/Saric is a death blow, but because of all of Butler's problems. That said, the Harris and Fultz trade combo I thought was really well played, and has me back on board with Brand. Unless Harris stuns everyone and walks, which I cannot imagine occurs as they would not have made this deal if they did not have certain assurances, this season has been a net positive for Brand.

And yeah, Redick is 34 and not shooting as well this season. If he is coming back, it should be for a reasonable number, lower than his current $12.25 million.

ESPN: "Celtics and Sixers are the front-runners in the East"

Real Life: "Bucks and Raptors are the front-runners in the East."

ESPN: "Celtics and Sixers are the front-runners in the East"

Real Life: "Bucks and Raptors are the front-runners in the East."

Never thought I'd say this...but I think Brad Stevens has to go.
No way they do it, but that team is a mess currently. Something needs to be done, and these players frankly need a kick in the ass, every last one of them, and Stevens isn't the guy to do it.

So you're down five and on a run with 1:00 left in the fourth...you've got Kyrie and Tatum on the floor...and instead you have Marcus Smart rush up the court and throw up a one-legged three. What the ever-loving hell is that.

And have what Terry Rozier as the alternative...no f'in thanks.

You need superstars to win, you have one, you need to keep him regardless of how much of a diva he is. Then try to add his unibrowed pal in July.
Their record is clearly better with him of the court, he's never won shit without LeBron, and you have a superstar in waiting on your team already in Tatum.

Give Hayward another off-season to recover and he's also an all star. Brown is also on the cusp of being an all star. And you still have a shit ton of assets to potentially go trade for someone down the road, much like Philly did.

Kyrie is a diva. He's injury prone. He also may make this discussion moot in the off-season when he bolts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom