NBA 2016-17: The Season After the Warriors Blew a 3-1 Lead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Barring injury, I see no way Golden State doesn't win the title with relative ease.

Take them away and the rest of the league is very interesting... but add them in and it's rather boring.
I'd actually like to amend this... injury, lack of defense or Draymond Green could prevent a Golden State title.

My favorite part is Van Gundy calling for Westbrook to go Artest on that dude and getting mad that Breen didn't agree with him.

the intriguing new york knicks:

giphy.gif

Petition for the Knicks to hire Theo Epstein.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Hell yes. It's been a delight to see. Best player on the team by a mile. Kuz has also been a revelation.

I was supposed to go last night, but ended up missing it. Saw the loss against the Jazz earlier, which was still a very fun game.

Now they need to find a way to either get Melo a brain transplant and/or trade him

I've come to peace with the idea that he'll finish his career here.

Here's my nightmare scenario: D-Rose continues to increase his usage, at that piss-poor efficiency, and gets a long-term contract at the end of the year.

I hold out some home that Rose can see what Jennings is doing behind him and copy his style... Jennings has completely changed his game to being a pass first point guard and he looks tremendous. If Rose can make a similar adjustment here could have a second life as an all star.

I think the most promising part of last night's game was that the last play was actually drawn up for The Unicorn, not Melo. Melo wasn't even in the play. It was a high pick and pop for Porzingis. He gave it back to Rose and Rose hit the winning shit, but when Hornacek is seeing what is clearly obvious and designing the last play for the best player on the court, not the biggest name, I see that is forward progress.

Now if only Joakim Noah can retire early...

Jennings has been really fun to watch, even though he's still quite inefficient. That whole second unit, with KP as the main guy, has been great. I just don’t see the same skills in Rose. His vision is so limited, and he can’t shoot as well as Jennings. I guess he’s been ok on defense, and has added a new dimension to the Knicks, but they’d be much better off with another PG next year.

Hornie has been doing a good job with the rotations and plans, and I have to admit that Melo has generally been willing to adjust to his new role. It’s also a good place for KP, as he can take over the game but is not really forced to do it all the time. The new facets he added to his game are really fun to watch. His defence has been a bit inconsistent, but I think it’s a team issue and he’ll get back on track soon.

I have a very soft spot for Noah, and I think he’s been playing well. But in general, I agree. KP should be playing the 5 with Melo at the 4 for longer stretches (isn’t it crazy that the Knicks had their best season in 15 years with Melo at the 4 and immediately went away from it because of the Indiana series?).

Fuck you 2016. Fuck you fuck you fuck you.

Longtime Turner Sports broadcaster Craig Sager has died at the age of 65, the network confirmed in a statement.

"Craig Sager was a beloved member of the Turner family for more than three decades and he has been a true inspiration to all of us," Turner president David Levy said in a statement. "There will never be another Craig Sager. His incredible talent, tireless work ethic and commitment to his craft took him all over the world covering sports.

"While he will be remembered fondly for his colorful attire and the TNT sideline interviews he conducted with NBA coaches and players, it's the determination, grace and will to live he displayed during his battle with cancer that will be his lasting impact. Our thoughts and prayers are with Craig's wife, Stacy, and the entire Sager family during this difficult time. We will forever be Sager Strong."

Ugh. So awful.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom