NBA 2016-17: The Season After the Warriors Blew a 3-1 Lead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lolz that was the best bad basketball I've ever seen. They must've gone 20 minutes where they just gave LeBron the ball and cleared the fuck out and there was nothing the Wizards could do.
Celts look damn good, can only imagine what they'd have looked like with Hayward in the mix.
I'm telling you they would have taken the East easily with him.

Way too early to say, but they may well take it without him.
With him, like you said, I think they could have run away with the east, especially considering the Cavs' struggles thus far.
Eh, I think the Wizards will make a move to improve their depth, and I can't rule out Cleveland even though they look terrible. But they have a chance.

I agree Cleveland will right the ship, but they may be too far behind by then. And as last year proved, LeBron isn't as concerned with home court, nor need he be. Cleveland could be the 4 seed and still would be the favorite to win the ECF if they are healthy come April.
Your Wiz, I'm not sold. Defense is their problem.

If Tatum and Brown keep developing as they are, the Cavs will be in trouble. Cavs' wing defense somehow is even worse than last year and those two will give them fits.

I agree Cleveland will right the ship, but they may be too far behind by then. And as last year proved, LeBron isn't as concerned with home court, nor need he be. Cleveland could be the 4 seed and still would be the favorite to win the ECF if they are healthy come April.
Your Wiz, I'm not sold. Defense is their problem.
The starting lineup should be a better defensive team than what they've shown... not having Keef for this long has hurt. He finally came back last night but was clearly rusty.

Dare I say it... The Knicks might be a playoff team.

Dare I say it... The Knicks might be a playoff team.

Maybe...the conference is terrible so even an average team is going to have a chance.

Their future looks better than it did a short while ago though. Was anyone expecting Porz to look like this?

Hardaway looking good too.

Even Kanter. Getting a 25 year old who's putting 14/10 on 64% from the field for an overpaid past-prime star who people thought they'd get nothing of value for is not so bad.

Too early to say if Ntilikina will pan out though.

However, even with these reasons for Knicks fans to hope, I have to think that being bad and getting a top 5 pick in what looks to be a good draft would be better for their future than squeaking into the playoffs.

This Knicks team is like a poor man's version of this year's Yankees team.

They waited for me to move to start trying again. Fuckers.

The best part, in my view (which is what led me to the Yankees comparison), is that you don't even need to care about results this year. The team is pretty fun and, as it turns out, has very nice pieces.

What are the very nice pieces other than Porzingis?

11.30_ny_vs_mia27.jpg

What are the very nice pieces other than Porzingis?

Frank is a fine prospect. He's the second youngest player in the league and is already one of the team's best defenders, and has (last I saw) the highest assist rate of any rookie.

Hernangomez isn't playing because the Knicks are trying to improve Kanter's and O'Quinn's trade value, but he was an excellent rookie just last year.

You're talking about the Knicks, so having three relatively exciting assets is better than what we have had since the stupid Melo trade.

I'm guessing next time we see Kyrie he'll be sporting a Richard Hamilton style face mask.
And Aron Baynes will be buying him lunch after practice for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom