NBA 2014-2015 Thread: Draft, Free Agency, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting to hear someone other than Broussard report it, but he is saying LeBron is exercising early termination and hitting free agency.

I think he probably took Riley's little shots personally and decided "F you Pat, those last 2 titles are because of me, so either you're now gonna pay me my true value or I'm gonna play elsewhere".

He'd be foolish to be hitching his wagon to Wade anymore, the guy just isn't a top flight player now. Bosh will be the intersting one now...if he gets the notion that LeBron is leaning toward leaving, he should opt out, Wade would be a fool to opt out cause he won't get 20Mil anywhere, he's basically worth no more than a mid level exception at this point.

When is Bosh's opt out? I'm not sure Riley can do much to appease LeBron, so they better just prep for the future. LeBron either needs to want to fuel his legacy as a member of the Heat and try to make his mark that way, or fuel his legacy as a ring master. My (biased) opinion says he would be a fool to leave the Heat, considering he's got something that works here and now. But of course, requiring some patchwork.

Bosh and Wade and the freed up cash can still put a good team out there. Just sucks that they ought to consider Carmelo now. Because I can't stand him. And probably not a championship team.

If Houston can free up some money, seems like LeBron could be lured there. I've never been a huge fan of Howard, but the amount of easy looks LeBron would free up for him would be huge, I imagine.

Bosh should absolutely opt out. Wade absolutely should not... as he can't possibly get this kind of money ever again. Not even close.

If LeBron does leave there isn't a snowballs chance in hell Melo goes to Miami to be LeBron's sloppy seconds. Melo has too big of an ego for that.

The Lakers could easily get under the cap to sign James and Anthony. They'd just have to shed Nash's expiring contract, which will be valuable to anyone looking to get under the cap next summer.

If he goes back to Cleveland he's going alone. LaLa don't do Cleveland.

Houston will obviously make a hard dash at LeBron, but could ultimately end up with a nice consolation prize in Texas native Bosh... who I think would fit nicely with Dwight Howard.

Anyway you slice it up, this summer just got a hell of a lot more interesting.

I guess the question is, is there anyplace he can go that immediately makes that team a title threat? Maybe the Clippers? I would think he wants to win again right now.

2867987.jpg

I could see LeBron wanting to come back, to miami but I don't see Wade opting out. He'd lose too much money at a point in his career where he's never going to be able to make it up.

That ultimately could drive him away.

LeBron can become a conquering hero by going home, or can further hurt his image as a mercenary by teaming up with another group of super stars in a huge market.

Would Cleveland take him back?

Definitely. All that hate would dissipate immediately.

I never thought a reunion was even a remote possibility, but now it seems plausible. Cleveland has a ton of cap space, a budding superstar in Irving, a possible star in either Wiggins or Parker, and (reportedly) a Popovich-style coach coming in. Not saying it is going to happen, but it is possible.

I guess the question is, is there anyplace he can go that immediately makes that team a title threat? Maybe the Clippers? I would think he wants to win again right now.

Almost any team he goes to becomes an instant title threat,
Any team in the east that signs him becomes the conference favorite immediately...even Milwaukee. The west would be a sterner test, but the Clips and Houston have enough in place that adding him makes them favorites to win it all.
Based on his make-up, I think he stays in the East as its an easier path to the finals no matter who he signs with.
I'd say its a 3 team race between Cleveland Miami and Chicago. Clippers would be the highest odds out west.

But he's only staying in Miami if Wade opts out and that 20Mil gets freed up for a player who can walk, and Wade would be a fool as I said before to abandon that money.

I hope he goes back to Cleveland, although Dan Gilbert was so vitriolic when he left you'd have to imagine there'd be some bad blood. iYup what's your take on him since The Decision? Did you hate him when he left?

I hope he goes back to Cleveland, although Dan Gilbert was so vitriolic when he left you'd have to imagine there'd be some bad blood. iYup what's your take on him since The Decision? Did you hate him when he left?

I moved past that pretty quickly, to be honest. That whole "Decision" spectacle was shitty, no doubt, but he didn't owe anything to the city, especially after he gave the team its best-ever years. In general I think he's a good guy, just with a bit of egomania. I was glad to see him win the titles that he did.

I moved past that pretty quickly, to be honest. That whole "Decision" spectacle was shitty, no doubt, but he didn't owe anything to the city, especially after he gave the team its best-ever years. In general I think he's a good guy, just with a bit of egomania. I was glad to see him win the titles that he did.

I think these past couple of years kinda cleaned up his ego a bit. He grew some sense of humility within the past two years in Miami, likely because of how unbelievably stupid he realized he acted when he came to Miami to begin with.

I believe lebron probably wants to come back to Miami in his heart, but he's easily strayed by the people around him... who could easily convince him to run off to join another team.

His reputation will be fine if he stays. It'll improve greatly if he goes back to Cleveland, and it'll take yet another shot if he goes off to LA, Chicago, Houston or NY.

If he really cares only about rings and not about anything else, he should go take the vets exception and join the Spurs. Never happening, obviously, but that team would likely break the Bulls regular season win record in route to their 6th title. I mean this past year's team won 61 games after getting off to a bad start, playing in am incredibly difficult conference.

Back to reality... I highly doubt the Clippers are an option. Riley isn't likely to help make LeBron's exit easier for him by agreeing to a sign and trade.

Watch the Lakers though... if all of a sudden Nash and the #7 pick are traded before the draft, you'll know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom