NBA 2014-2015 Thread: Draft, Free Agency, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have agreed with you a couple weeks ago, but I think if LA were still an option we'd be hearing more about it. There's no smoke there whatsoever.

A lot of these second-tier free agents have already signed (Lowry, Gortat, Mills, etc), so if the Heat were hoping to retool that way, they're quickly running out of options.

A lot of these second-tier free agents have already signed (Lowry, Gortat, Mills, etc), so if the Heat were hoping to retool that way, they're quickly running out of options.

The way I see it, they have one viable option out there and he is looking less and less likely to re-sign with his current team, so odds are getting better...

lance-stephenson-lebron-james-blow-ear.jpg

I think it would only reach 2nd place....nothing could possibly top John Lackey signing with the Red Sox of all teams, especially since the fallout from that signing led to the birth of Interferencer Brandon Wood.

Watching John Lackey play the other day made me yearn for those old times.

But I think I would be in Heaven if he went to the Heat. A very close #2 to Lackey.

I would have agreed with you a couple weeks ago, but I think if LA were still an option we'd be hearing more about it. There's no smoke there whatsoever.

There's not really any smoke at all... they're really playing this one very close to the vest.

Woj says lebron and agent will host his three "finalists" next week in Cleveland. Also stating that there is a clear breakdown in communication between lebron and the other two.

So the only smoke is that lebron is seriously considering moving on... nobody really knows where, though. Cleveland gets the most play just because its Cleveland... but there has been zero real talk of that move, and that they were considering offering Gordon Hayward a max deal seems to point to Cleveland thinking they're out.

Crazy times.

ESPN reporting that the Lakers will offer Carmelo a max 4-year $95 million contract, which is insane.

Yeah, why is that insane? It's a max offer for a huge name, huge star, Hall of Fame talent who's close friends with Kobe.

There's not really any smoke at all... they're really playing this one very close to the vest.

Woj says lebron and agent will host his three "finalists" next week in Cleveland. Also stating that there is a clear breakdown in communication between lebron and the other two.

So the only smoke is that lebron is seriously considering moving on... nobody really knows where, though. Cleveland gets the most play just because its Cleveland... but there has been zero real talk of that move, and that they were considering offering Gordon Hayward a max deal seems to point to Cleveland thinking they're out.

Crazy times.

There is real talk with Cleveland. The Hayward leak was a stupid Gilbert idea because he's impatient. If he can let his front office handle it like goddamn professionals (a big if) they still have a shot at him.

Pau talking to Miami is a big development.

So LeBron is talking with the Cavs but managing to keep it under wraps? Because there has been absolutely zero reporting of that, even in rumor form, in Cleveland media. It's also strange, even by Gilbert's standards, to have drafted a 3 and be talking big money with another 3 if LeBron is indeed a possibility.

If he leaves Miami, Houston makes the most sense as a championship-ready destination. Cleveland still has zero depth.

So LeBron is talking with the Cavs but managing to keep it under wraps? Because there has been absolutely zero reporting of that, even in rumor form, in Cleveland media. It's also strange, even by Gilbert's standards, to have drafted a 3 and be talking big money with another 3 if LeBron is indeed a possibility.

If he leaves Miami, Houston makes the most sense as a championship-ready destination. Cleveland still has zero depth.

Well then the Cleveland media you're following are sleeping. Very hard.

It was out over twitter all day yesterday, July 3rd, that LeBron's agent had been talking to Cleveland brass. Not much detective work involved.

Peef is a nearly insufferable asshole when he posts about sports. Anything else, he still sucks but at least it's more tolerable than his posts on the NBA. Jesus fucking christ.

The exact number of teams to secure face-to-face meetings with Cleveland-based agent Rich Paul was not immediately known, but sources told ESPN.com that the Phoenix Suns,Houston Rockets,Dallas Mavericks and James' home state Cavaliers have had the opportunity to make presentations to Paul in recent days.

In addition,Los Angeles Lakersgeneral manager Mitch Kupchak was flying to Cleveland on Thursday night and was scheduled to meet with Paul on Friday

There is real talk with Cleveland. The Hayward leak was a stupid Gilbert idea because he's impatient. If he can let his front office handle it like goddamn professionals (a big if) they still have a shot at him.

Pau talking to Miami is a big development.

Up until yesterday afternoon there was nothing but speculation and assumption.

Now its getting real.

As for Pau, he seems to be talking to everybody. If he's going to go somewhere that can't afford him, it'll be to San Antonio... with the Knicks having a shot if Melo resigns only because of Phil Jackson.

All reports say that all Riley can offer free agents right now are maybes. He has lost complete control of the situation... Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

By nicer guy I of course mean complete douchebag.

I still would love to see Carmelo and LeBron wind up in Phoenix. That would be fun.

Sent from my 831C using U2 Interference mobile app

All reports say that all Riley can offer free agents right now are maybes. He has lost complete control of the situation... Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

By nicer guy I of course mean complete douchebag.

As I stated earlier, my feeling is Riley's litle press conference that he thought would get LeBron to be a good little foot soldier backfired and had the exact opposite effect. Sometimes when you're a douchebag egomaniac, you lose sight of how to treat people. As you said, couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

It turns out that Derrick Rose was not a part of the Chicago Bulls' pitch to Carmelo Anthony after all.

Rose, Chicago's star point guard, happened to be in the middle of his daily workout routine when Bulls officials brought Anthony into the United Center on Tuesday afternoon, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

Rose actually was surprised to see Anthony, one source said. He had no idea what time the Knicks' free agent would be visiting the Bulls.

Turns out that D Rose might just be a bit of a dick

Peef is a nearly insufferable asshole when he posts about sports. Anything else, he still sucks but at least it's more tolerable than his posts on the NBA. Jesus fucking christ.
You're goddamn right. Sixers 2019 baby.
Up until yesterday afternoon there was nothing but speculation and assumption.

Now its getting real.
It's going exactly as I had been hearing it would go. I'm still thinking Cleveland is the favorite based on what I've heard. TAKE DAT WIT CHEW GAF
If lebron does, in fact, go somewhere else... I can only hope that part of the deal is a promise that Brian Windhorst has to stay and cover the pile of shit that will be left in Miami
Windhorst no longer has the in he used to have with LeBron's circle.

Houston seems to think they have a legit shot at Bosh.

So if both LeBron and Bosh leave Miami, what does Wade do?

He has yet to personally meet with any teams, right? If it happens this week, the choice must be Miami.

Unless it's Cleveland. It's not like he needs to meet anyone in person there right?

Sent from my 831C using U2 Interference mobile app

He has yet to personally meet with any teams, right? If it happens this week, the choice must be Miami.

The word is that he was so caught off guard by the incredible negative reaction he got last time around that he's allowing his agent to handle everything and report back to him.

How true that is or not, who knows.

He's supposed to be in Brazil next weekend, so it's hard to believe it'll stretch that far without a decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom