NBA 2013-14 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
The preseason starts tonight, so it's time for a new thread.

Will the Bulls be contenders again with D-Rose back and Jimmy Butler in the starting lineup? (Rose will play tonight for the first time since his injury - it's a big night for the Bulls)

Will the Heat become the fourth franchise in league history to three-peat?

Are the new Nets the real deal?

With Bargnani and Artest in town, will the Knicks be a serious threat?

How will the Bynum-in-Cleveland experiment work out?

With Granger back, will the Pacers be able to beat any of them?

Are the Clippers true contenders now with the additions of J.J. Redick, Jared Dudley, Darren Collison, and Doc Rivers?

Will the Dwight/Harden/Parsons/Lin Rockets meet expectations?

How will the Warriors fare with Iggy in town and Bogut(for once) ready to go from tipoff?

Will the Spurs be able to bounce back from their recent heartbreak to make another run?

With Kevin Martin gone and Russell Westbrook set to miss the beginning of the season recovering from his injury, will the Thunder still contend?

How will the new-look Holiday-Gordon-Tyreke-Davis Hornets fare?

Is this the year the Love-era Timberwolves finally break into the playoffs, with Love and Rubio healthy at the same for the first time in two years and Kevin Martin in town?

Will the Lakers miss the playoffs after losing Dwight for nothing and replacing him in the lineup with Chris Kaman?

Will Rajon Rondo want out of Boston now that they're tanking?

Who will do the better tanking job, Boston or Philadelphia?

Etc etc.

Discuss. I think it's going to be a good season. :)

Will the Bulls be contenders again with D-Rose back and Jimmy Butler in the starting lineup? (Rose will play tonight for the first time since his injury - it's a big night for the Bulls)

Yes

Will the Heat become the fourth franchise in league history to three-peat?

Only if they start healthy.

Are the new Nets the real deal?

No. They're old and will break down.

With Bargnani and Artest in town, will the Knicks be a serious threat?

No.

How will the Bynum-in-Cleveland experiment work out?

Horribly.

With Granger back, will the Pacers be able to beat any of them?

Granger may hurt chemistry... there will probably be a trade eventually.

Are the Clippers true contenders now with the additions of J.J. Redick, Jared Dudley, Darren Collison, and Doc Rivers?

Maybe, but it's dependent upon Blake Griffin's further development... not anyone listed above.

Will the Dwight/Harden/Parsons/Lin Rockets meet expectations?

No. 5 seed.

How will the Warriors fare with Iggy in town and Bogut(for once) ready to go from tipoff?

Iguodla was a great signing for them. Bogut will be injured by the all star break.

Will the Spurs be able to bounce back from their recent heartbreak to make another run?

I hope so, but I think that was it.

With Kevin Martin gone and Russell Westbrook set to miss the beginning of the season recovering from his injury, will the Thunder still contend?

No.

How will the new-look Holiday-Gordon-Tyreke-Davis Hornets fare?

Not well.

Is this the year the Love-era Timberwolves finally break into the playoffs, with Love and Rubio healthy at the same for the first time in two years and Kevin Martin in town?

Yes.

Will the Lakers miss the playoffs after losing Dwight for nothing and replacing him in the lineup with Chris Kaman?

No. They will surprise people.

Will Rajon Rondo want out of Boston now that they're tanking?

He already does.

Who will do the better tanking job, Boston or Philadelphia?

Boston has gone all in for Wiggins. Worked so well the last two times they did it...

This is going to be the best Sixers season since 2001. I'm so excited.

Hey man, you could end up with Wiggins or Parker. I think the Sixers did the right thing with the Holiday deal and deciding to tank. They were going nowhere otherwise.

Very curious how Greg Oden will play out. No expectations of course... but does anyone think a healthy Oden has any potential star power left in the tank?

He'd be one of the top big men in the game today if not for all the injuries. I wouldn't bet on it, don't get me wrong, but if he can somehow get healthy, he is an excellent player.

Ooh, one more burning question for the OP:

Will the Bucks finally get moved out of Milwaukee and then we can instead bring in a hockey team? Please?????

He'd be one of the top big men in the game today if not for all the injuries. I wouldn't bet on it, don't get me wrong, but if he can somehow get healthy, he is an excellent player.

There's no expectation for him to get healthy. I was just wondering if by wasting so much time, has his talent has officially gone to waste or is it all there under injury? Something we will likely never know.

This is now officially the most surreal post I've seen in my years on interference...

How so? He came on very strong after the trade deadline as a scoring option on a rebuilding Magic squad, averaging close to 17 ppg/8.5 rbs/1.4 blks at the 3 and 4 spots.

They're gonna be in tank mode this year; even if they start out strong, expect Afflalo and Big Baby to be shipped out elsewhere. Besides Vucevic down in the post, who else will shoulder any scoring burden? Jameer Nelson?

Granted, I may be upselling as a homer without much to look forward to this year. Oladipo playing the point is going to be rough. Harris may be a legitimate Most Improved candidate, or at the very least, be fun to watch on a fledgling squad.

How so? He came on very strong after the trade deadline as a scoring option on a rebuilding Magic squad, averaging close to 17 ppg/8.5 rbs/1.4 blks at the 3 and 4 spots.

They're gonna be in tank mode this year; even if they start out strong, expect Afflalo and Big Baby to be shipped out elsewhere. Besides Vucevic down in the post, who else will shoulder any scoring burden? Jameer Nelson?

Granted, I may be upselling as a homer without much to look forward to this year. Oladipo playing the point is going to be rough. Harris may be a legitimate Most Improved candidate, or at the very least, be fun to watch on a fledgling squad.

You misunderstood my reasoning behind it being surreal... it's not a negative thing at all... it's, well...

2654_77163535933_5049145_n.jpg

on the right, in white, is Tobias. On the left would be Brandon Triche. In between them, in the black suit with red tie... that would be me.

You misunderstood my reasoning behind it being surreal... it's not a negative thing at all... it's, well... on the right, in white, is Tobias. On the left would be Brandon Triche. In between them, in the black suit with red tie... that would be me.

I always assume the negative on here, my mistake.

That's phenomenal, man!

I don't see anyone giving up a 2014 1st rounder unless they're getting a blue chipper in return.

It makes the Harden trade look even worse.

My guess is that Hinkie holds on to him and tries to flip him for a 2015 first rounder next season.

Philly already has the most cap space in the league and loses Evan Turner after this season. SO MUCH MONEY.

He can sign it whenever he wants, but he forfeits his NCAA eligibility as soon as he does. Technically he could do it the minute Kansas's season ends, though most do wait until after the Draft, which is about three months after the Tournament.

Oh I know, I was just stating that to preface the point about the time frame between the season end and the draft. I understood you knew that, though, not selling you short.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom