NBA 2013-14 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not necessarily a season ending injury, but he'll get the deluxe repair and sit out the rest of the year.

THE RETURN 2014

I hope Melo joins him there. Carmelo + Kobe for 50 million should be amazing. They just need to fire D'Antoni.

Carmelo and Kobe playing on the same team in 2014-15 sounds like the greatest disaster of our time.

Kobe's contract is for $48.5 million over two years. Jesus.

At the risk of incurring the wrath of GAF (GAAAAAAAAFFFFF!!!!!), I don't think Rose is ever going to be the same player again. Last season showed that the injury thing was in his head. This injury, even if less serious, certainly isn't going to alleviate that anxiety. I see him being tentative from here on out and never reaching the levels we saw from him a couple years ago. Shame.

Very few times does overpaying your aging star as a thank you for the past ever get justified, and this is definitely one of those justifiable times.

At the risk of incurring the wrath of GAF (GAAAAAAAAFFFFF!!!!!), I don't think Rose is ever going to be the same player again. Last season showed that the injury thing was in his head. This injury, even if less serious, certainly isn't going to alleviate that anxiety. I see him being tentative from here on out and never reaching the levels we saw from him a couple years ago. Shame.

Is there any point in attempting to shop him now, or is this a situation where we simply need to ride it out and hope for production down the road despite the injury history? It's not exactly possible to "sell high" anymore.

There is a similar but currently less pressing issue going on with the man in my avatar. Really sucks to be me.

Can't trade a signature player when they're gonna be out for a year. If anything else, guys like Deng and Boozer may be out the door.

Also, who would really trade for a maxed-out DRoss given the current cap situation across the league?

Way I see it, they're not contending this year without Rose and don't even have a Nate Robinson-type energy guy to plug in like last year. They're over the tax, have that unprotected Bobcats pick (which now doesn't look too high but the season is young), and Deng's expiring. Blow it up. Noah's still hobbled from last season's workload and a preseason injury, Boozer contributes consistent offense but has another year on his deal.

It's a precarious spot to be in, and I doubt a Thibs coached team will lay down at any point. That being said, him overworking a Rose-less squad for a second straight year doesn't do anyone any favors.

The Pacers are the only semi-legit obstacle for the Heat for the second year running now. Great.

Yep, although I would argue the Pacers are pretty legit. George has taken yet another step forward, Stephenson sometimes looks like the best 2nd round pick in years, and Hibbert has compromising pictures of most referees in the league, who will continue to claim "he jumps straight up" even when he hobbles the opposing player. And their bench, their main weakness last year, is much improved.

Between Amare and DRose, they should be able to get at least one functioning knee.

As much as I don't like him, it is kinda cool to see Michael Beasley back with the Heat. He clearly isn't what he was supposed to be, but I never really wanted to give up on him when they traded him (for obvious reasons though, of course).

Yep, although I would argue the Pacers are pretty legit. George has taken yet another step forward, Stephenson sometimes looks like the best 2nd round pick in years, and Hibbert has compromising pictures of most referees in the league, who will continue to claim "he jumps straight up" even when he hobbles the opposing player. And their bench, their main weakness last year, is much improved.

They're much improved, no doubt. How they handle either reintegrating Granger or trading his contract for another piece will be huge though.

With both New York teams looking like shit sandwiches there's no other tough squad to challenge Miami before they invariably reach the Easter Conference Finals, presumably against Indiana. Two-time champs grinding out playoff series, especially when watching Wade's health, would definitely work in Indy's favor.

I coached against Lance Stephenson when he was in high school... he was the best high school player I've ever seen in person. He made a kid on our team cry. Literally. The crying kid may or may not also be in the NBA :shifty:
he is

Lance's problem then and now has always been that he's a borderline psychotic. His saving grace seems to have been the small market, nurturing environment in Indianapolis. If he would have ben drafted to many other franchises he would have been a disaster.

I listened to like twenty minutes of the Sixers-Pacers game in the car on Saturday and I shit you not, Lance Stephenson nearly started four fights in half of a quarter.

Oh that crafty Jason Kidd...

ku-xlarge.gif

I can't believe the Nets are going to be in (and likely win) the draft lottery (though should have surmised as much when they decided on Kidd Cola as head coach) and the Celts have their draft pick, but Atlanta has the right to swap. They weren't supposed to suck this bad yet.

I'm hoping they and the Hawks both end up in the lottery and the ping pong balls miraculously fall to where Boston, Brooklyn and Atlanta are 1-2-3, order won't matter much.
(but to date Ainge looks like a genius with this trade. Pierce and Garnett are clearly not getting the Nets a title and having their first round pick in '14, '16 and '18 is a steal)

They gave Stevens six years, I think he's there for the long haul. If anything I think he's doing too well so far. They've won some very loseable games. I doubt Danny told him to try and lose, but I'm sure that his record in years 1 and 2 will have no bearing on future employment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom