NBA 2013-14 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no love for Shumpert... I wouldn't care if they traded him provided that I had even a shred of faith that they would make a good trade.

Unfortunately, yea... I don't have a shred of faith that they would make a good trade. They'll send him off for a piece that doesn't fit with an absurd contract and probably give up 12 future first round picks in the process.

Knicks alternate Christmas day uniforms.

BZCPFNYCAAArWaX.jpg

I quit.

If it makes you feel any better, the Knicks are far from the only team using those sleeved jerseys. It's a league-wide thing. Nobody seems to like them though.

With those Knicks uni's its not the sleeves so much as the orange. And the texture of the shirt makes it look like pajamas.

I will reserve all Jordan comparisons until his career is over, but, I guess I'll never really think anyone I see is better than Jordan. In any sport, probably.

Jordan won all of his titles before I turned 8 years old, so it's a tougher comparison for me to make since I've seen a ton more of LeBron than I have of Jordan. I usually just don't bother with the conversation.

I will reserve all Jordan comparisons until his career is over, but, I guess I'll never really think anyone I see is better than Jordan. In any sport, probably.

Jordan's stats are simply better... and he did so in an era where defenses were infinitely more physical than they are today.

Sure, jordan never averaged 62% from the field... and neither will lebron.

LeBron from age 22 to 28...

28 ppg
7.5 RPG
7.1 APG
1.7 spg
0.9 bpg
.506 shooting percentage
29.3 PER
117 win share
2 championships

Jordan from age 22 to 28...

33.2 ppg
6.4 RPG
6.0 APG
2.8 spg
1.0 bpg
.518 shooting percentage
30.4 PER
132.2 Win Share
3 championships

They're actually closer than I thought they'd be... but the clear advantage still goes to Jordan. James wins assists and rebounds . Jordan wina everything else, in most cases comfortably.

Jordan's run takes him right up until he retired for the first time. LeBron's is up to last season.

LeBron, is, in my opinion, the Sidney Crosby equivalent. Minus the injuries. He's one of the greatest talents ever, but the only reason he's garnering the comparisons to the greatest is because he's the only one who can even come close to the question.

If you take Chris Paul off this Clippers team, they would be in last place. Blake Griffin needs to learn to do something other than wait for alley-oops the whole damn game.

Blake Griffin needs to learn to do something other than wait for alley-oops the whole damn game.

He's always been a strong rebounder. Averaging 11 a game this year. Actually, his stats across the board look damn good this season.

Not sure why I'm defending him, though. I don't really care for his style of play either.

In other news, Derrick looked good tonight. Things will click into place for him soon. And I'm happy that Kobe is close to coming back. The Lakers are on national TV so often and it just isn't the same without him. The league will feel a bit empty for me whenever he retires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom