NBA 2013-14 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was awful in the homecoming/opener last year with Denver. I think he's just found the perfect team for his skillset. They're scary good with him.

BYSCBTSCYAIK67m.jpg:large

Evan Turner lookin' good

You can't make this stuff up.

There Will Be No Dancing at Madison Square Garden Because This Man Doesn't Feel Like It - Esquire

NEW YORK -- The Knicks lost last night, but that wasn't the worst part for fans. Owner James Dolan has decided, in the midst of all this losing, that he isn't allowing the team's cheerleaders to dance during breaks in the game. They're supposed to sit there and look pretty. Literally. Sometimes they're allowed to fire a tee shirt cannon.

And this is not an Onion article.

The best part of this, well, for me, is that I once was witness to this man screaming at a bunch of employees that they needed to get up and dance. At a XMas party. He's such a fucking asshole.

The Jazz are doing their part to try and get Wiggins, now 0-6 and no prospects for a win anytime soon, although many around here would prefer to take Parker.

It's weird to see a Jazz team this bad...they've been a playoff team 90 percent of my lifetime.

Not only does the 3-inch hop and wave force Kawhi Leonard into an errant shot, but Bargnani is in great position to do the exact same if the ball gets kicked to Manu in the corner. Exquisite technique.

On a serious note, though, I think Woodson is a horrible coach. I don't know where he got his defensive reputation from. The only team he's ever coached that finished among the top 10 defenses was the 2011-12 Knicks, which he coached for 24 games after MDA was fired. Some of his schemes are mind-boggling: constant switching (which, yesterday, left Bargnani guarding Parker on countless possessions), followed by double teams, followed by open 3s. His lineups, offensive schemes and minutes management are also horrid (I'm still not over his coaching in the Pacers series last season).

While I don't believe he's a good coach, and I think he's dreadful on offense... To his credit, he's working with terrible defensive players.

Carmelo is a brutal off the ball defender, and Bargnani is right there with him, as is JR Smith, who, while being a fairly decent on the ball defender, consistently falls asleep off the ball.

And we haven't even discussed Amar'e yet.

Agreed on the personnel. It's telling when your 2 max players can't play defense. Even Shumpert has been pretty disappointing this year. Felton can't stay in front of point guards.

At the same time, it's disconcerting how easy it is for opposing teams to get the matchup they want, and then explore double teams. With Chandler (when healthy), World Peace, an in-sync Shumpert, Pablo and Kenyon Martin, they could at least have a middle-of-the-pack offense.

The best thing that can happen to the Knicks in the next year is for Carmelo to sign elsewhere. Making him the second best paid player in the game would be a huge mistake. They can then have full cap flexibility in 2015.

The Magic have the right to either the Nuggets or Knicks pick this year, depending on who finishes with the worse record, I believe. Either way, it's looking good.

With the rumors that Shumpert may be traded, it's increasingly clear that Dolan wants to do as much as he can to alienate the fanbase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom