NBA 2013-14 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Magna Carta's line is ridiculous. Three assists and one steal away from a quadruple double in your first NBA game. Wow.

Any chance of a Red Sox-style season for Philly? Last to first, or at least playoffs?
Hahaha, no. That game was a huge fluke. They're almost certainly going to have one of the three worst records in the league.
Absolutely did not see that coming from Carter-Williams, especially on the defensive end.
That was what impressed me the most. Really uses his length to disrupt the passing lanes, which is exactly what you want someone with his size at that position to do. I really think he'll be good if they can develop a serviceable shot out of him.

Let's not get giddy..it was a really bad, if not completely errant pass that if he didn't grab, would be pretty damn embarrassing lol. Maybe I'm seeing it differently but I don't see him disrupting the passing lane on that particular play at all really.

(and the gif is definitely sped up)

Not to say that he can't, perfect example imo would be much like this one..which was also kindof a bad pass but a far better example of disrupting the path of it..but hey, gotta capitalize on those mistakes for sure. Great heads up play

Syracuse's Michael Carter-Williams steals and dunks to beat Louiville - YouTube

I'm not talking about that one particular play. I watched almost the whole game (whilst flipping back and forth to the World Series). He had nine steals.

Hahaha, no. That game was a huge fluke. They're almost certainly going to have one of the three worst records in the league.

That was what impressed me the most. Really uses his length to disrupt the passing lanes, which is exactly what you want someone with his size at that position to do. I really think he'll be good if they can develop a serviceable shot out of him.

It's why I hate Jim Boeheim.

If you have a dude who can D like this, and has the length that he has, and you don't put him in some sort of full court pressure situatuon to take advantage of that because it's "not the way we play?"

You're a tool, and it's no secret why you needed a freakish all time scoring talent to barely squeak out your only NCAA title over those future nba studs kirk hinrich and nick collison, despite all the talent you've had.

It will be funny when the 7th or 8th worst team miraculously wins the lottery.

You're really hopeful the Knicks will land Wiggins eh?

That's the pick they gave Toronto to get Bargnani (Denver has the right to swap, from the Carmelo trade). So actually it would be very Knicks-like if it were to happen.

New Orleans finishing just outside of the playoffs and winning the lottery would be torturous.

The top 4 or 5 in this draft are talent-heavy enough between Wiggins, Julius Randle, Marcus Smart, and whoever else I'm forgetting that the Sixers, Suns, Magic, and the rest of the bottom-feeders may springboard upward in the next year or so.

In a year or two the entire landscape of the league will be drastically different.

raptorshq.com.minimal.png

So Goatse was a major influence in Wheelchair Jimmy's "rebranding" of the Raptors.

Hawes had a great start to the season two years ago. This might be more sustainable, though, since Brett Brown won't be encouraging his worst habits like Doug Collins did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom