NBA 2012 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He's not attempting to play the ball when he brings his hand back. The refs likely felt that it wasn't a natural motion of follow thru, and watching it again I tend to agree with them. It definitely looked like deliberate contact to the face/side of the head after the attempted block. It was unnatural enough that not even his teammate was expecting his arm to come back like that, and he got a bit of it in his face too.

As for how long/what manner Wade was down for 2 seconds, I think you're splitting hairs. He pretty much goes straight down, regroups, and pushes off the floor. It's certainly not a great example of a Dwayne Wade flop, and there have been some. This wasn't one of them.

Anyways, the Pacers aren't going to beat Miami with cheap shots and instigator like tactics, that much is clear. If they don't start concentrating on good basketball in the next game, they're history.

the heat have, in fact, won a series in the playoffs thanks to cheap shots and thug tactics...

eNGzy.St.56.JPG

...so perhaps indiana's taking a page straight from the pat riley handbook. if you can't beat 'em, flip 'em head over heals into the front row.

and the only real cheap shot from last night was the one to stephenson's neck. the others were just good, hard playoff fouls.

as for wade? when you have the reputation of being a flopper and embellishing contact, you're not going to get the benefit of the doubt.

side note... i still haven't gotten over the '97 series.

Wade's "reputation as a flopper" seems to be quite exaggerated around here. There's plenty of players who do the exact same type of embellishment.

I think the only one in the league with a worse reputation for flopping is Manflop Ginobli, thats not an Interference opinion, but a pretty fair consensus around the NBA. (Where have you gone Vlade Divac?)

A Spurs/Heat Finals will probably feature nothing but bodies lying on the floor without having actually been contacted.

People actually think the Spurs are going all the way? Crazy.

Crazy?

You have evidence to support otherwise?

They've won 18 straight dating back to the last 10 games of the regular season. Closest playoff win was 6 points. They're rolling like no team has rolled at this stretch since the 96 Bulls.

I think the only one in the league with a worse reputation for flopping is Manflop Ginobli, thats not an Interference opinion, but a pretty fair consensus around the NBA. (Where have you gone Vlade Divac?)

A Spurs/Heat Finals will probably feature nothing but bodies lying on the floor without having actually been contacted.

i don't know if vlade was as bad with the flopping... he just would never admit to ever ever ever fouling anybody.

on second thought... yea, vlade was pretty bad.

flopping in general in the NBA is out of control. it used to be the joke that basketball was becoming like soccer with all the flopping... well... i watch a decent amount of soccer, and there's more flopping in your average NBA game then there is in your average BPL game.

it's gone from gamesmanship to ridiculousness.

People actually think the Spurs are going all the way? Crazy.

:scratch:

they've won 18 in a row and have won 29 out of their last 31 games, had the best record in the NBA, and are championship tested. the knock on them was that they'd wear down in the grind of the playoffs... but they've swept both their opponents in convincing fashion.

so, yea... i don't know in what world the spurs aren't the favorites to win the title.

in order...

spurs
thunder
heat
celtics
pacers
76ers

I don't know - I think OKC's speed and size will make things tough on the Spurs. It will be a hell of a series; I certainly would not call San Antonio a clear favorite.

Momentum is tough to topple, although if there's a team to do it, it's the Thunder.

Reminded me of the LA Kings, 12-2 in the playoffs. 8th seed.

iron yuppie said:
I don't know - I think OKC's speed and size will make things tough on the Spurs. It will be a hell of a series; I certainly would not call San Antonio a clear favorite.

This is not your u2nyc's Spurs... they have the most up tempo offense in the league. Pop even admitted that he stole a lot if what they're doing from the D'Antoni playbook... which means Carmelo would think it sucks.

I do think it'll be a great series, and Oklahoma City winning wouldn't shock me in the least. But I can't discount what San Antonio is doing right now.

No.

It's not just flopping with Wade. Every time the tide turns, he starts faking injuries too. Suddenly, after Game 3, there was a "leg injury" he had been battling, that exactly no one knew about? And don't get me started on him faking that injury last year in the Finals.

In the hallowed halls of Las Vegas, Spurs are a 2-1 favorite to win the series...that makes them a pretty clear favorite considering how good the competition is. Does that mean OKC has no shot, of course not, but lets not mince words, SA is the clear favorite to win the title right now.

In the hallowed halls of Las Vegas, Spurs are a 2-1 favorite to win the series...that makes them a pretty clear favorite considering how good the competition is. Does that mean OKC has no shot, of course not, but lets not mince words, SA is the clear favorite to win the title right now.

Well, the ESPN poll is showing 51-49 in favor of San Antonio. That's pretty close. Frankly, I don't give a damn what Vegas says.

I do think it'll be a great series, and Oklahoma City winning wouldn't shock me in the least. But I can't discount what San Antonio is doing right now.

In all seriousness this is right about where my predictions align also. If anything, I'm slightly leaning towards OKC 1. Because the underdog - however slightly - winning is always cool and 2. Because KD fucking intrigues the hell outta me. At risk of being beaten down with statistics about how great he is ( :wink: ), he just seems so...I dunnoo, not the greatest of physical specimens in terms of athleticism, and almost gangly and awkward. I dunno, something just always struck me as awkward about him. YET..and it's a huge yet - he gets the job done so very very well. I like it..I like it alot.

Durant has consistently proven himself in the clutch. If these games come down to the last minute, as most of them likely will, whom do you want with the ball in his hands: Durant or Tony Parker? Or a geriatric Tim Duncan? The Spurs don't have an answer for Durant in the stretch run.

You guys are allowing your distaste of Wade to cloud your judgement..

Wade's "reputation as a flopper" seems to be quite exaggerated around here..

Apparently Interference must be required reading by ticketholders prior to gaining entrance to a Pacers playoff game since we here are exaggerating Wade's reputation as a flop artiste extrordinaire. Cause about 18,000 were chanting "He's a flopper" whe he went to the FT line last night, quite funny.

He played a tremendous game last night, kudos to him, thats the guy I remember from his Marquette and Shaq days before he decided being a punk and a bitch would serve him better.

Not to start anything..but this is playoff basketball and the fact that an arena full of antagonistic Pacers fans were cat-calling the star opposing player hardly makes it gospel lol!

We should all start wearing bright yellow every couple of days too, cause, you know, 18,000 people in an arena can't possibly be wrong! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom