NBA 2012 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm certainly not a coach, but if there is any one pet peeve I have about player behavior it is when someone bitches to the refs about a call, does not get back on defense, and therefore allows an easy bucket at the other end. I would bench the player (Dwayne Wade) for such bollocks.

Loved that vintage Wade flop and how he wallowed on the floor after the play.

iron yuppie said:
I'm certainly not a coach, but if there is any one pet peeve I have about player behavior it is when someone bitches to the refs about a call, does not get back on defense, and therefore allows an easy bucket at the other end. I would bench the player (Dwayne Wade) for such bollocks.

Problem is that when said player gets benched he tends to get the coach fired...

act_carmelo_anthony.jpg

miami reeeeeeeally misses chris bosh. running an offense would be nice, too.

the chosen one is 10 for 17 from the free throw line in the final minute of 1 point games this season, playoffs included.

when it comes down to it, this guy's just an updated version of scottie pippen. and that's still pretty damned good, which lebron obviously is. but he markets himself off the court and carries himself as the ultimate alpha dog... and, yea. no. he just isn't, and never will be. he's a second fiddle.

i'm beginning to think i hate on lebron too much... probably true, a little unfair. so time for a change up...

“I heard they wanted to be like the Dallas Mavericks in a sense,” Wade said, referring to the Mavericks celebrating their series-clinching Game 6 victory over Miami on the very same court in the Finals last season. “I saw [Indiana's] little celebration at the end of that game. I don't know if they didn't expect to win. But every night we go out on the court, we expect to win. They stated their identity. They said they wanted to be like Dallas. So, they celebrated like Dallas, I guess.”

hate on diane wade!

Miami Heat Welcome Party - YouTube

The Heat Acting Like Morons - YouTube

Miami Heat's premature celebration - YouTube

yes, diane... let's bash somebody for premature celebration.

This LA collapse is one of the most dramatic I have ever seen. I'm also learning that Blake Griffin is essentially useless if he is not able to throw down open dunks.

iron yuppie said:
This LA collapse is one of the most dramatic I have ever seen. I'm also learning that Blake Griffin is essentially useless if he is not able to throw down open dunks.

Yea Blake has a lot of work left to do. I love his potential but he's not there yet. People seem to think he's the best 4 in the league for some reason... probably all his sportscenter highlights.

Um, yea. No. That would be Kevin Love. By a decent margin.

He has massive flaws in his game. But he sells tickets, which sucks since he's employed by someone like Donald Sterling.

I love how Tirico says that Wade and LeBron have scored the Heat's last 33 points as though it is a good thing for the team.

No man, the Lakers are tired, and Kobe is stressed cause he hasn't been to Colorado for some relief since the Denver series, and Bynum is stressed cause he hasn't pulled a bush league cheap shot on anyone sub 6 feet in a while and Gasol forgot how to communicate in English and Fisher's absence has left a void cause those 2.1 points and 1.3 assists are hard to replace and Jack's new sunglasses throw too much glare from his front row seats and Dyan Cannon needs a new perm and...

I'm sort of surprised by the national media's complete indifference to the Celtics-Sixers series. I know the Sixers are not an attraction, but since when does no one care about the Celtics?

Also, the implication that the Sixers can't win games and every game is either won or lost by Boston is annoying, especially with the effort Philly put forth in Game 4. That was stunningly clutch, give the boys some credit.

Back
Top Bottom