NBA 2012-13 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
db8197da-3fc9-45ed-bb57-e126eb7f7d0b_picksite.gif

d737c04a-d21a-4b9f-b00e-ca57b34c4aa5_winksite.gif

Celts get a "good job, good effort" from that kid for last night, considering Garnett was out they fared better than I thought they would.

I really had some high hopes after last season. Not saying making the deal for Bynum struck me as a horrid idea at the time....just a risky one. But as we've discussed, a lot of their other moves, based on having a healthy Bynum or not, ranged from meh to mind boggling.

And thus, really, begins the winter of my sports discontent. The 76ers are horrid now. The Islanders are horrid every year. The Steelers just missed the postseason and have had a rough offseason. The Yankees are already the walking wounded and it's not April. I used to really love sports. And sports loved me. No longer, methinks.

bynum-300x202_zps4f4954cb.jpg

I hear you on that front. The Sixers are brutal. The Flyers are a mess. The Eagles are starting over and the Phillies are holding the window open with a tooth pick. Plus Penn State football is seven years away from being a functioning program again and Penn State basketball is the embarrassment of the Big Ten.

The Bears were good last year and will be even better next year, the Blackhawks are the best team in the NHL, the Bulls have played their asses off without their best player and will be scary when he comes back (and they have maybe the second or third best coach in the league), the White Sox are the greatest franchise in American sports, Illini basketball is trending upward with a hot young coach and a strong recruiting class coming in, and U.S.A. women's gymnastics is elite and might never again lose Team Gold.

Sucks to be you guys.

Within months, RG3 will have the knee of a deity thanks to the miracle of stem cell injections. You will all weep for mercy.

I cheer for Chicago teams but cannot co-sign Gaf's entire post. Sucks to be me.

GAF. I wouldn't say it's a given that the Bears will be better this year. They spent a lot of money on a mediocre TE & LT, plus have a new scheme to learn.

The Bears were good last year and will be even better next year, the Blackhawks are the best team in the NHL, the Bulls have played their asses off without their best player and will be scary when he comes back (and they have maybe the second or third best coach in the league), the White Sox are the greatest franchise in American sports, Illini basketball is trending upward with a hot young coach and a strong recruiting class coming in, and U.S.A. women's gymnastics is elite and might never again lose Team Gold.

Sucks to be you guys.
Tim Beckman is a shithead, so there is one negative thing going for you.

That trade involving 4 teams seems to have been a bust thus far for 3 of them (Orlando still has draft picks, so the bust for them may be temporary), with only Denver seeming to have improved.
I think Orlando will be alright. They've developed Nik Vucevic way better than the Doug Collins' Shitty Veteran Brigade and Mo Harkless has potential, plus, yeah, the picks (though the Sixers are so terrible that they might not get that one since it's lottery protected for two years).
You guys need to come to Toronto and then talk to me about shitty sports teams.
Yeah, but no one cares about Canada.

I understand it was an impressive comeback, but they were playing a shitty team missing two of its best players, right? I am not making that up? Everyone is losing their shit over this.

I can't put myself into the mind of a Cavs fan, thank god, but the thing that strikes me the most about it is, at least I assume, how fucking incredible it would have felt if they had been the ones to stop the streak.

And they were up by damned 27 points. Looking like they were going to do it. It would have been the biggest and most memorable win for the franchise since Lebron left. And they lost. After being up by 27.

Don't be such a fucking downer all the time. It's a good sports story. Jeez.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom