NBA 2012-13 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm a huge Stern apologist but he's wrong here, I think. You don't want the Spurs to sit their cats, don't schedule 4 fucking road games in 5 days for them then.

Stern's such a hypocrite. If Pop sits those guys the night before in Orlando and plays them on TNT in Souf Beach, not a word is said. The Spurs did this often last season, nothing was ever said.

And whats this nonsense about the Spurs "Didn't inform the Heat" about the decision in his statement...I didn't realize you were compelled to full disclosure to your opponent about your strategy for the game, is this some kind of trial?

"Hey Miami, we're gonna run a pick and roll for a short jumper from the left wing on this play just so you know whats coming in the interest of fairness."

He says the fans in Miami are deprived of what they paid for...what about those who paid full priice to see Rondo last night here in Boston? Shouldn't Stern personally refund their money?

He's an ass who should have retired a long time ago.

Stern is the one who tried who transformed the NBA in the superstars league. In his mindset, a game without stars is not a real game. God forbid we watch a well run team made of no-names. I really wish San Antonio had won that game, not only because it would make Stern look like a fool, but because it would be vindication for those team systems as opposed to star power.

The superstars transformed the league into a superstars league, not Stern. The entire NBA owes a huge debt to Larry Bird and Magic Johnson, followed by Michael Jordan...David Stern was a minor cog in all of that.

I've thought that they should change their name ever since the move. The Hornets are from Charlotte and they have Muggsy Bogues running the point. I'm cool with this.

Robert Griffin's first live Wizards game was last night's victory over Miami. Coincidence?

The last 15 seconds of the Knicks-Bobcats game tonight were the perfect summation of JR Smith's career. Great defensive play followed by a total brainfart followed by game-winning buzzer beater. Incredible.

So, will Charles Barkley finally concede that the Knicks are for real?

Robert Griffin's first live Wizards game was last night's victory over Miami. Coincidence?

Yes.

The Heat have issues.

They have zero interior defense and Wade's body looks like it's finally giving out on him. Lebron is still great... But I am getting a little excited about the east, but not that excited because Amar'e could still fuck it all up.

We'll find out soon. He and Shumpert should both be returning in the next week or two.

I do love stuff like this though...

“They’re still the champs. We haven’t done anything … It does feel good, but we can’t be satisfied. We’ve got to stay hungry. We can’t fall into the trap because we really haven’t accomplished anything yet.”
-J.Kidd

Kidd's addition to this team has been phenomenal.

Couldn't agree more. I love how Kidd (and to a lesser extent Chandler) has kept this team focused. Shumpert could be a huge addition, as one of the (few) weaknesses of the Knicks has been guarding quick opposing guards. If Amare can be meaningfully integrated, this could become very good.

I don't see the same intensity in Miami so far. Maybe they will turn it on at some point, but a lot of it has to do with Wade breaking down and Allen playing horrible defense. Lebron has been playing like a beast, but I'm not sure that's enough.

2 questions for you, Shannon:

1) Do you think they're for real, as in, Eastern Conference finals real.....

2) What do you want to see happen/expect when Stoudemire returns.....

2 questions for you, Shannon:

1) Do you think they're for real, as in, Eastern Conference finals real.....

2) What do you want to see happen/expect when Stoudemire returns.....

#1) yes, but it depends on #2...(also assuming d.rose will not be at full strength this year)

#2) I want to see stoudemire act like a man...

3638349_o.gif

...play some defense, rebound and not whine like some Hollywood finocchio who cries like a woman if he's not getting enough touches.

Johnny Football will never get that Heisman! I don't care how many dago guinea wop greaseball goombahs come out of the woodwork!

Back
Top Bottom