NBA 2012-13 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just saw your Facebook post. Please tell me you're bangin that hottie that co-anchored with you.
I watched some of their election coverage because I was bored at work waiting for call backs. She is something.
It's a work-in-progress of subtly undermining her boyfriend for three months.

Andrew Bynum is the gift that keeps on giving
I'm a really miserable sports fan right now, between Andy Reid, Mark Emmert, Andrew Bynum, Ruben Amaro and Gary Bettman.

Oh, and Ed DeChellis! Man, Penn State basketball is fucking awful.

For a supposedly good makeup team like the Sixers, trading for Bynum was a really weird decision.

Well, you DO need a superstar to win it all. You need a player who is going to get a lot of foul calls down the stretch. The Sixers maxed out the potential of the Iguodala-led bunch last season. On paper, the idea of trading for a guy like Bynum made sense, especially since they're not locked in to anything past this season with Bynum.

As long as they don't do something breathtakingly stupid like sign Bynum to a long-term deal, this season basically becomes a mulligan. The new ownership group is getting its feet wet.

Plus, Jason Richardson has been stunningly effective so far, so the trade wasn't a complete waste.

The Knicks are for real in that, if healthy, they are capable of making a run come playoff time. Hardly the favorites... if all teams are at full strength they are at best the 3rd best team in the East... but capable none the less of making a run if they're healthy and hot, the same way Dallas made a run to win it all, or how Boston almost got back to the finals last year.

Odds are they'll win a round in the playoffs and then get bumped in the second round in 6 games.

Amar'e is the X factor.

If he can come back healthy and just fit in... oh, and guard someone... then they have the chance to be even better than a 3 seed, and incredibly dangerous come playoff time.

If he plays like he did at the end of last year, they could just as easily self combust and get bounced in the first round.

Headache, would you support Amare coming off the bench when he comes back? I've heard a lot of people echo the sentiment that Amare and Melo don't fit that well together, and that the whole team would be better off if the starting unit continues the way it has, and a bench superunit with Amare, Felton, Camby, etc is rolled out. Melo is the center of the offense with his unit, Amare is the center of the offense with his unit, both players get the role and space they need, and the team is better off. Do you buy into that? Do you think there's any chance of it happening?

It's really not amar'e and melo who don't mesh well... Its amar'e and Chandler. Both are pick and roll bigs... neither has a real back to the basket game. Amar'e is better offensively, obviously... But he plays zero D. Chandler needs to be on the court or the Knicks don't guard anyone.

Having Carmelo at the 4 also gives the Knicks tremendous miss match advantages on offense. I don't know if the Knicks can have as free flowing an offense as they have now with Melo, Amar'e and Chandler out there together. And the stationary knick offense involved melo just jacking shots. The parts really don't fit. It Amar'e actually decides to play defense and rebound, they can make it work.

So do I think Amar'e should come off the bench? Yes. Do I think he'll buy into that? At first maybe... But the first rough patch the Knicks hit he'll want back in.

The best thing the Knicks can do is trade Amar'e. Once they got rid of D'Antoni Amar'e was rendered useless. Problem is he's untradable... he's injury prone with a ton of time left on his contract... which is uninsurable. He's got 2 1/2 years and $50 million left on that deal.

The only way to trade him is to bring back garbage or hope that somebody hires Isiah.

Hopefully it works. I have serious doubts that it will. I really would love to be wrong.

Regardless of what happens to Amare, the Felton-Kidd-Brewer-Anthony-Chandler lineup has been so good (their offensive and defensive efficiency are off the charts) that they should spend a significant amount of time together on the floor. Anthony at the 4 is a fantastic mismatch on offense, but they will get punished at times on defense (like they were against Memphis). I'm also not convinced that Anthony can play power forward all year without suffering from the physical grind.

I think Amare gives them a good inside scoring option in nights when Anthony is off. Part of the problem last year is that his shooting was totally off, which I hope will be corrected this year. Last year, they also played most of the time without a true point guard, which is an absolute must for Amare's game. They were reasonably good together under Woodson towards the end of the season. In any case, I do think he should play off the bench (I think he could be a good P&R partner with Prigioni), and more limited minutes than he did. And he should play center against smaller teams (or in a lineup with someone like Wallace, who can spread the floor).

Most of their success last year under woodson came when one or the other wasn't on the court.

Perfect case scenario, I agree with your assessment.

Perhaps I'm a pessimist, but I can't see a guy making max money, and as prideful as Amar'e, being happy coming off the bench.

And as much as they aren't good fits together on offense, they're talented enough, and have good enough point guards, where with time it can work, provided everyone is willing to check their egos at the door.

And then there's defense...

Amar'e needs to guard people and rebound. If he buys into doing that, and just fitting in on offense, the Knicks can win a championship. That's a gheorge mureson sized if.

This Lakers team looks bad. I mean really bad. They have absolutely zero chemistry. I know it's still November, but they are in dire need of a gameplan that does not involve Kobe hoisting a three every time down the floor.

It's amazing how two people can have a completely different opinion about a person, and have it be for probably the same reasons.

If I could have Charles Barkley do the commentary for every sport, political and/or pop culture show, I would.

I freaking love Chuck.
Charles is the best.

I do have a problem with them using him for their March Madness coverage, though, because he does not even make an attempt to familiarize himself with the field.

The March Madness TBS/CBS talent crossover is an abomination.

But, Charles during NBA on TNT is awesome.

Chris Webber, though, is probably my favorite NBA analyst, in or out of studio. He keeps getting better and better. His pairing with Dick Stockton is a riot on many levels.

So last night made it abundantly clear that the new and improved Knick offense is simply a side effect of having Jason Kidd, and has nothing to do with Coach Tone Loc.

Yup. And it seems that relying on a 39-year old player with more mileage in his legs than Haile Gebrselassie to organize your offense may not always be a great idea. Let's see how they play in these next few games.

Rondo obviously not a fan of Keeping up with the Kardashians.

And how much of a wuss is Humphries to tweet out pictures of his scratches.

KG's moving screens were in top form, though.

c1129kh2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom