Naughty Murdoc and Pretty 2D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Calluna

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Murdoc

124605.jpg

"Born: Stoke-on-Trent, 6.6.66
Influences: Sabbath, Dub, J Andrew Anderson, Dennis Wilson, Satan
Hobbie: Punching 2D

The snaggle toothed svengali of Gorillaz, his flop fringe disguises a mind like a rusty steel trap.

Self-taught bassist, wannabe frontman, he's the band's warped back seat driver who knows that good tunes aren't enough to succeed. You need good looks - which he hasn't got - and a twisted mind - which he has.

Murdoc likes to dominate interviews, a rent-a-quote misogynist who speaks without a taste filter.

Ex speed freak. Personal hygiene problem. Kiddie frightener. Shoplifter. Heavy smoker. Max power subscriber. Used to set fire to cats."

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

Jamie Hewlett = Murdoc
james_hewlett1.jpg

murdoc-largeside3.jpg

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

[This message has been edited by Calluna (edited 09-25-2001).]

2D

124583.jpg

"Born: Crawley
Influences: Butorphanoi, Tartrate, Phill Oakey, Lucio Fulci

Hit twice on the head when young, 2D is a sweetheart with a blank sheet of paper where a brain should be. He has really good hair. People think he's cool and enigmatic but he's just got a migraine.

2D idolises Murdoc, who, he feels, saved his life. Keyboard wizard, melodica maniac, graffiti compulsive and the perfect pin-up product. Voice like an angel, arse like a satsuma. Mind full of zombies and painkillers. Says nothing controversial. Says nothing much at all.

Loved by everyone (except the green eyed Murdoc), 2D has legions of lady followers and would make a good boyfriend if only he'd wake up."

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

Tyler, you are a very intelligent young man.

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

02.jpg

01.jpg

17.jpg

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

[This message has been edited by Calluna (edited 09-25-2001).]

So, any opinions on their decision to release "Rock the House" as the new single?

I absolutely love "5/4" but understand from a marketing stand point that "Rock" would probably go over better (even though rap is not the main feature of the album).

If given their druthers, what would everyone release off "Gorillaz" as the new single?

xoxo, carrie

------------------
Here's to the few who forgive what you do
and the fewer who don't even care
--Leonard Cohen

I agree with the decision to release Rock the House as the next single. This song is fun and catchy and it ties in with the ghost rapper theme that people remember from Clint Eastwood. I hope it gets some airplay because I have yet to see the video for 19-2000 or hear the song on the radio and that was supposed to be the second single. I think if Rock the House gets some airplay it could be bigger than Clint Eastwood. My personal favorite Gorillaz song changes from time to time. Right now it is Sound Check (Gravity). That is such an awesome song! But I think it is too mellow to be a single right now.

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

19-2000 has just been released as a single here in Oz, but it's being driven on radio by a much faster remix, different beat, and about twice as fast. It's great. And I love the clip.
After that I think Rock The House would be good.

Would that be the 19-2000 Soulchild remix, Tyler? If so, that is the one I have and I love it! Unfortunately, I have not heard it played here in the US. I purchased the single in order to get the remix. People who haven't heard it yet can listen to it in the lobby of Kong Studios on the jukebox at www.gorillaz.com.

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

Back
Top Bottom