Nature's Gifts...the last day of 2002. ty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
now let me explain....take a seat( or a sedative) it's a looooong story

it's been dry in Australia, well the part i live in anyway. The longest dry spell I have ever experienced, a bit scary really..
My neighbours were selling off their laying hens, very cheaply. I bought two red ones, big with beady eyes. I called them GingerRogers and FredStares. Unfortunately, Monty the python got Fred .
I have pics of him trying to swallow and then regurgitate her...fascinating. I won't post those.OK)
Poor Ginger hadn't produced an egg since I got her. But yesterday, the last day of 2002, she presented me with that perfect plump brown egg...that's my girl. Of course it deserved a big"DADA!!!!!" the aloha 2003 egg. My son wants it for breakfast...awwww.
In the background of that pic up there, is another small miracle. Most of my garden is created from cuttings and "reduced to clear" plants ( ones that are almost dead and nurseries sell off cheap)It is amazing how a bit of TLC and a few Elvis Presley songs will bring them back to life, even in the dry weather. I bought 5 Asiatic lillies for $1 each and put them in the ground and hoped for the best. When i got out of bed thsi morning, th efirst day of 2003, one of them had opened it's flower...for me:wink: They are smaller than they should be, but at least they are alive!!!

**cass bedecks the musiclovers who are still awaiting the new year in garlands of flowers**
PEACE

this is GingerRogers, on the day she arrived. She is the alpha female...poor whitechook.

Attachments

• gingerdec17-02.jpg
    gingerdec17-02.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 30
and another thing....

about 2 weeks ago, I found this little guy. I hoped I would be able to handle him and he would help me overcome my fear of snakes. After 2 days, I hadn't been able to find any food for him, so I let him go free(I also think it is illegal to keep native animals without a permit) I didn't work, I am still frightened of snakes. I like them, but they always give me a start, even if I know they are harmless.
MontyJr.

Attachments

• babypythondec17-02freedom.jpg
    babypythondec17-02freedom.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 26
well I don't know about nice...this IS nice though

my son jusyt got back from his New Year's Eve party at the beach....with MY car and his life. They drummed the sunrise in...I hope everyone down there were "happy campers" about that!!!
ahh well...it's only once a year, and who knows what some of those beautiful young men may be asked to do in the next little while. I know quite a few who want military careers...I:heart: them so much, whether they be musicians or soldiers.

Back
Top Bottom