National Silverchair Day..I'm a bit nervous

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
May 23, 2003

Channel [V] has decree a day in July NATIONAL SILVERCHAIR DAY which will include the Worldwide premiere of 'Silverchair Live Across The Night'.

This special day of Silverchair programming on Channel [V] will take place on SUNDAY JULY 13TH from 1.00pm EST and will culminate in the world-wide premiere of the Channel [V] exclusive 'Silverchair Live Across The Night' (moved from June 8th) - a 60 minute special featuring exclusive concert vision, fan vox pops and interviews with the band.

NATIONAL SILVERCHAIR DAY will feature Silverchair clips, live performances + interviews conducted with the band by Channel [V] over the years as well as highlights from their whatuwant co-host from last year. The marathon will end with the world-wide premiere of 'Silverchair Live Across the Night' which was filmed by a Channel [V] crew over two nights at Newcastle's Civic Theatre on the final leg of Silverchairs sold out 'Across The Night' tour over Easter.

More News
Silverchair's June 6th "Rock am Ring" Festival show will be broadcast by WDR German Television and will also be webcast from the Rockpalast web site the same day.

Additionally the band will be doing a web chat during the Festival. Check out the Rockpalast chat section for date and time information.

and even more..
Daniel Johns was voted "Australian Songwriter Of The Year" by his peers at the APRA Awards in Sydney last night. Daniel was unable to collect the prize in person as the band is currently on tour in the U.S.A.. However in a taped acceptance speech Daniel said "it's a real honour to get this award". In the band's absence, Kasey Chambers (herself a multiple award winner on the night) performed a memorable version of "The Greatest View".

Congratulations Daniel!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAh!! I didn't know Kasey sang "Greatest View" I am very very VERY sorry to have missed that.
:heart:Kasey:
:heart: Daniel

now...I have to find someone with satelite TV access who is prepared to tape this...
STOP PRESS!!
my eldest son told me his girlfriend has satelite telly( and he's sick of watching Simpson's re-runs..teehee) He let me know U2 Live from Boston will be on this month..already have it on DVD.
But.........the Chair!!! I'm in:up:

I wish I'd had enough money to buy an "Across the Night" tour T-shirt at the concert that I went to in Newcastle. It features a mirrorball...nice:yes:

for your viewing pleasure

Attachments

• the chair2.jpg
    the chair2.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 34
Woohay! Sounds great Cass! I think I might be tuning in to that!

If your son's girlfriend can't tape it, or forgets or whatever, let me know a couple of days before it and I can whip you up a copy :D Just pm me or something, I know how mch you love the Chair :D

thanks Angela..I won't let them forget!! I bought a good quality 4 hour tape the other day, they will need to borrow my VCR...why no doubt I'll be sitting on their couch and EGAD!! mum dancing!!
I think they like me:)
:hug: to Natalie.
You know Natalie is special name to to me.
I was just surrounded by 6 of my 7 and a half ( one on the way) great-neices and nephews, the most enchanting children.Baby love:heart:

Hub said maybe the APRA awards weren't televised. Do you know if they were on TV? I would love to hear/see Kasey sing "greatest view" I heard silverchair got good reviews in New York. I think they deserve this:)

frogstomp baby

Is the APRA the CMAA thing? I dont know alot about country music, I had a search for it and one web site says it was televised on channel 7, 8.30pm on Saturday 30th January.

http://www.countrymusic.asn.au/annrept99.html that's the link, I'm not sure if it is what you meant lol.

http://www.countrymusic.asn.au/news/news.html this link might have backdated news. It seems to be a weekly publication.

Thanks for Natalie's hug :hug:
Its now only a bit over 2 weeks til your Silverchair night at your son's girlfriend's place!
:dance:

that's what happens when you have babies angela:hug:
It's July 13...two weeks and one month to go.I hope they don't break -up before then. Not much chance of that, they just bought an aquarium together :heart: I said I noticed they were clucky..better to get fish at this stage:)

APRA...what is APRA? Australian Performing & Recording Artists...or something along those lines. You would expect it to be Country Music Assoc, considering Kasey's background, but she is currently blowing silverchair, powderfinger, You Am I..all the rockers, out of the water. It really is her year.
thanks for trying to find the answer to my question. Much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom