National Hockey League 2012-13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not much hockey talk for that season,but plenty of CBA,Bettman-Fehr fights.

A few predictions:

1) There will be a lockout
2) CBA deal will come somewhere in November
3) Season will open with the gimmickly and so called winter classic
4) a 40-50 games schedule
5) Habs new GM will be Julien Brisebois and new head coach Patrick Roy

Oh yeah....i almost forgot :

6) the leafs will still miss the playoff again...even with Luongo in the net.

Luongo said he'd waive his no-trade clause if asked and that if he were GM he'd be tempted to go with Schneider also. It's not about him, but about what's best for the team, he said. A class act.

I still say Tampa.

Yup, I was surprised but impressed with that interview. And I definitely agree with Tampa. Seems like the most logical place for him, if he goes.

Wont get 1000 posts by June?

If the Panthers make it out of the 1st round and into the SCF, there will be 1000 posts. They might all be me, but it's not like that hasn't happened before :p

But in all seriousness... I assessed the playoffs and the Panthers odds when they first got in and thought 'definitely possible to make it to the 2nd round but I wouldn't bet on anything past that'.

Now, judging the way things have gone in both the East and the West... anything can happen. That's exciting to know.

Fucking scum Devil fans throwing shit on the ice for what?

Trying to ruin our tradition by having the NHL act big time? Well fuck you.

True story. In South Florida a Devils fan was removed from the arena for throwing a rat on the ice in the middle of the game (the one that landed in the faceoff circle) to try and have the refs call a delay of game penalty on the Panthers.

I like the way the Panthers are encouraging fans to "rat 'em out" if they see anyone throwing things on the ice during the game, whether home fans or opposition - if people were thinking, they'd realize that throws off their own team as well.

I like the way the Panthers are encouraging fans to "rat 'em out" if they see anyone throwing things on the ice during the game, whether home fans or opposition - if people were thinking, they'd realize that throws off their own team as well.

Yeah that was a big issue at the end of the Panthers last home game. Some fans stupidly wanted to be 'first' so they threw it as Madden was approaching the net empty and it appeared to confuse not only Madden but a lot of the other players. Should only be thrown after the game (but I could accept after an ENG that finishes the game with under a minute as well).

I jumped out of my seat when the Caps won. So happy the Flyers won't face New York in round two. Feel like I could drink a thousand beers right now, you guys.

I jumped out of my seat when the Caps won. So happy the Flyers won't face New York in round two. Feel like I could drink a thousand beers right now, you guys.

I'd be pretty excited to face New York. They're sucking donkey balls right now.

I'd have mixed feelings about the Panthers because you never know what you're gonna get. I'd be excited to play the Devils, and I'd be excited to play the Senators.

Honestly the Panthers are the only threat to Philly if you ask me. It's Philly's ECF for the taking.

And I'm saying that objectively, not as a Panther fan. The Panthers have shown signs of 'we're getting dominated but we still fucking win' all year and through the playoffs, no matter who they've faced. Everyone else left on the other hand is looking weak (other than the Flyers). Although from a Panther fan POV, I'd never want to play Ottawa.

,Who ever is the new Stanley cup champ,hope you learn a lesson.Do not..i mean, DO NOT! snub Obama.After all ,Karma coulb be a bitch.

...............Right?,Tim Thomas?.

,Who ever is the new Stanley cup champ,hope you learn a lesson.Do not..i mean, DO NOT! snub Obama.After all ,Karma coulb be a bitch.

...............Right?,Tim Thomas?.

You're basing this on the assumption that Obama is still in office when the Predators make their visit to Washington next season.

LuckyNumber7 said:
I'd be pretty excited to face New York. They're sucking donkey balls right now.

I'd have mixed feelings about the Panthers because you never know what you're gonna get. I'd be excited to play the Devils, and I'd be excited to play the Senators.

Honestly the Panthers are the only threat to Philly if you ask me. It's Philly's ECF for the taking.

And I'm saying that objectively, not as a Panther fan. The Panthers have shown signs of 'we're getting dominated but we still fucking win' all year and through the playoffs, no matter who they've faced. Everyone else left on the other hand is looking weak (other than the Flyers). Although from a Panther fan POV, I'd never want to play Ottawa.

Bryzgalov against Lundqvist is terrifying. Much happier with anyone else.

Whats it like in Vancouver Thora? I know Luongo gets a lot if flack but I actually think Kesller did a pretty good disapearing act there as well...

There was a lot of talk on Tuesday and yesterday about Kesler, and his possible shoulder injury. I've heard several people mention his injuries at the ends of the last few seasons, and some are wondering if it's just him making excuses for his poor performance in the playoffs.

Most of the rumours and talk have been of Luongo and trades. Today there's been a lot more mentions of Toronto being a possibility, which cracks me up. I really can't see that happening, but it's hard to know for sure.

Back
Top Bottom