National Hockey League 2012-13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Let's cease the winnin' for MacKinnon!"

As if the winning existed in the first place. You can't cease something that's not happening.

To explain further, imagine, if you will, that someone said to you "Hey, Mike, can you cease with the smart and insightful comments". How could you possibly stop making comments like that when you never, ever, ever, never, not once, ever started? Now you see.....

That being said, nabbing MacKinnon would be exciting, but, we're not even bad enough to be that bad. We'll pick 4th or something. Again.

As if the winning existed in the first place. You can't cease something that's not happening.

To explain further, imagine, if you will, that someone said to you "Hey, Mike, can you cease with the smart and insightful comments". How could you possibly stop making comments like that when you never, ever, ever, never, not once, ever started? Now you see.....

That being said, nabbing MacKinnon would be exciting, but, we're not even bad enough to be that bad. We'll pick 4th or something. Again.

All this is very true, but "Let's cease the winnin'" sounds much better than, "Let's continue not winnin' for MacKinnon." Sometimes it's all about the flow.

But yes, another 3-7 pick seems to be in the cards. However - rumors indicate that the schedule will be Division heavy, and we can't beat any goddamn team in our division - I'm pretty sure that's a rule - so a Top 1 or 2 pick might be in the cards. We can only hope, right?

WTF is flow?

It's sad, but, yes, I'll be rooting for as good a pick as possible.

Still love explaining to people that we haven't won a fucking playoff series in almost 20 years. Unreal. 20 years.

WTF is flow?

It's sad, but, yes, I'll be rooting for as good a pick as possible.

Still love explaining to people that we haven't won a fucking playoff series in almost 20 years. Unreal. 20 years.

Unless some real weird shit happens between now and May or so, it will be 20 years this Spring. FUCK. But they did keep the Penguins from a Dynasty, so it may be worth 20 years. Islanders used up all the good Karma by '83. 30 years of paying that shit back. Has to end soon, right?

BoMac - the last team to beat the islanders in the post season was Buffalo. But it was the Canadiens that stopped them in 93 and went on to win the Cup. I know you know that, and you're just being the snarky little douche bag about it, but I wasn't going to let you just get away with it and shit. So this is me calling you out. BAM!

I think I proved my point.

Are you sure it wasn't the STFU's?

Question: If the Greater Toronto area got a 2nd team, would a lot of Maple Fans defect? I mean, and I mean this in no way offensively, but considering that the Leafs and Rangers may be the only teams to suck more balls then the Islanders over the years, would people just be like, "Hey, F You, I'm going to follow these new jacks?"

Are you sure it wasn't the STFU's?

Question: If the Toronto area got a 2nd team, would a lot of Maple Fans defect? I mean, and I mean this in no way offensively, but considering that the Leafs and Rangers may be the only teams to suck more balls then the Islanders over the years, would people just be like, "Hey, F You, I'm going to follow these new jacks?"

Question: If the Toronto area got a 2nd team, would a lot of Maple Fans defect? I mean, and I mean this in no way offensively, but considering that the Leafs and Rangers may be the only teams to suck more balls then the Islanders over the years, would people just be like, "Hey, F You, I'm going to follow these new jacks?"

Didn't the Rangers make it to the Conference Finals last season?

A.) Conf Final is not a Cup.
B.) 1 Since '40 is a lot of ball sucking. And for the 20-25 years after 1940 there were only six friggin teams.
C.) Rangers suck.

Ok, just to let you know that I'm an Islander fan, but teams that suck don't make it to the playoffs on a regular basis.

Question: If the Greater Toronto area got a 2nd team, would a lot of Maple Fans defect? I mean, and I mean this in no way offensively, but considering that the Leafs and Rangers may be the only teams to suck more balls then the Islanders over the years, would people just be like, "Hey, F You, I'm going to follow these new jacks?"
Hard to say Beav, I think they would have no problems selling tickets but the Leafs would still be the number one draw in the GTA, as sad as that is.

Back
Top Bottom