National Hockey League 2012-13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know I'm a bandwagoning asshole, but I'm really starting to love watching hockey.

This.

I just really love sports. Getting into a new one is the most wonderful feeling. Even if I'm technically bandwagoning, my intentions are in the right place. I've wanted to be a hockey fan for years, this has definitely been a catalyst, over the last few seasons.

And what a game this is tonight.

Man, every game I watch seems to go to OT.

Don't these guys understand that Re-Animator is finally streaming on Netflix and I need to see that shit?

That was one of the most awesome games I've ever watched, any sport. Absolutely incredible. Two great teams exhausting themselves but pushing through. Blackhawks prevail. I left the room for about 5 minutes and missed their rally in the 3rd period, so it seems surreal that they were even in the position to snatch it away. Huge props to the Bruins, their defense is superb. Here's hoping that Crawford continues to play as well in the rest of the series as he did in OT.

Report:

Avs to pass on Seth Jones.

I really hope the Panthers do not take Seth Jones. As much as I like to say 'BPA', we are in a critical position with this franchise. Potentially about to lose Stephen Weiss, our center depth is looking incredibly weak with Matthias, Bjugstad, Goc, and Shore down the middle.

We need a replacement franchise centerman, even if Weiss re-signs. He's aging, and showed serious signs of it last year. Bastard Avalanche. I hope they take Drouin and this isn't some stupid bluff just to get us to trade up (I doubt it).

It's going to take a lot more than Sean Couturier to pry any of the top five picks away. This is a *VERY* deep first round.
I was not talking about the Flyers, actually. I've given up hope because Ed Snider. I might just quit hockey. And baseball, basketball and football while I'm at it. Sports in general, really.

35+ contract. Streit is guaranteed every penny and every bit of cap hit. Bad idea, IMO. Especially for the Flyers. They're going to want that $5.25 mil cap hit back in about two years.

And if the Panthers trade their pick or their draft, I will be livid. This franchise has consistently fucked that up in the past 10 years. Keep in mind if it were not for trade downs and the sort, Eric Staal, Rick Nash, and Vincent Lcavalier could've been Florida Panthers. Instead we got Nathan Horton, Jay Blowmeester, and Viktor fucking Kozlov.

Blackhawks had a great chance to retain a lead, but Saad choked on the power play with 3 seconds left. Fucking literally fell over himself trying to make a routine defensive play. That's the way the series has gone so far.

Back
Top Bottom