National Hockey League 2012-13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a fucking pussy Crosby is, trying to get to Chara while cowering behind the ref. And Chara looking down on him like, you really wanna go there?

I hope the Bruins beat the crap out of him.

More like "stay professional, article writer."

This shit happens all the time. It's not Pittsburgh, it's not Boston. And it certainly doesn't deserve any form of spotlight.

Completely irrelevant person. Irrelevant statement to the public eye. Deserves no form of national attention.

From Loas Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa:

Dear Mayor Emanuel,

On Saturday, I received a letter regarding the 2013 NHL Western Conference Championship between the Los Angeles Kings, the reigning NHL Champions, and whatever team it is that they will out-skate, out-hustle and out-score on the way to a repeat appearance in the Stanley Cup Finals.

When I saw it was from you, I said to myself, “Geez, I hope he didn’t send me a dead fish.”

But being Mayor of Chicago, the third biggest city in America, seems to have calmed you down, so instead of a fish or some other recently deceased animal, I found a list of items you will be sending me when the Los Angeles Kings, the reigning NHL Champions, win the 2013 NHL Western Conference Championship. Thanks! I didn’t know you were a Kings fan!

Speaking of hockey, I was recently surprised to learn that Chicago has a professional ice hockey team. Who knew? Has this team been in Chicago long? Do they practice out on Lake Michigan when it freezes over in those famously cold and windy winters of yours?

Since I appreciated your gesture so much, I wanted to reciprocate. So in the extremely unlikely case that the Los Angeles Kings, the reigning NHL champions, were to lose to the other team -- I really wish I could remember the name of the team the Los Angeles Kings, the reigning NHL Champions, are playing – I will send you the following:

9 #19 Pastrami Sandwiches from Langer's Deli
9 French Dip Sandwiches from Phillipe the Original
For the sandwiches, one case of Morehouse Mustard, the official mustard of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Speaking of baseball, when was the last time the Cubs were in the World Series?
One case of beer each from our very own Golden Road and Eagle Rock Breweries.
3 Hollenbeck Burritos from El Tepeyac Cafe, weighing in at five pounds each.
12 bottles of Sriracha Chili Suace
And to ensure that you maintain your newfound inner peace, one copy of YogaWorks for Everybody DVD.

Also, once the Stanley Cup Finals start, you’re more than welcome to come out to LA to watch the Los Angeles Kings, the reigning NHL Champions, play for the Cup. Seriously, if I had known you were such a Kings fan, I would have invited you earlier. I can always get great seats!

Yours truly,

Antonio

I wonder if he the politician realized how much of an ignorant douche the line

"Speaking of hockey, I was recently surprised to learn that Chicago has a professional ice hockey team. Who knew? Has this team been in Chicago long?"

makes him seem? Joke or not... Chicago is an Original 6 team.

Your outrage at that line is humourous to me. I would never take offense if someone had said that about Montreal, nor would I consider it an "ignorant douche line." But maybe that's just me.

Consider the source.

End of story.

No argument there, but the line in and of itself is, in my opinion, just part of friendly ribbing that we all partake in when it comes to sports.

Anyway, what's funny about all this is really that this was posted on Facebook *AFTER* the Kings lost the first two games of the series.

An Original 6 final would be nice, although I will be hoping for Boston to be swept in that one.

Maybe that was too strong a word, but the fact that you even felt compelled to refer to that line as making the mayor seem like an "ignorant douche", amuses me.

Well if you're gonna say that we might as well call everyone out for daring respond to anything on this forum. The fact that you chose to question me amuses me.

It's something that particularly caught my eye. Why is that a problem?

No argument there, but the line in and of itself is, in my opinion, just part of friendly ribbing that we all partake in when it comes to sports.

Oh for sure, and it's possibly nice to see him getting all caught up in the spirit of the thing..

And I get two mayors of cities that actually a. know hockey and b. have somewhat of a respectable hockey heritage will have a go at each other..

But at the end of the day he is still an uneducated douchebag bandwagoner who should just stay in his lane.

Fuck Nathan Horton. Scumbag.

The trade has worked out quite well. Both picks are developing nicely. Minnesota guys. Line mates in fact. Bjugstad is a top NHL prospect who is gonna be doing his full rookie campaign this upcoming season, and Kyle Rau is a blossoming 3rd round pick with some potential.

How's Nathan Horton's coasting lazy overpaid douchy personality who doesn't live up to his potential self doing for the Bs?

There's a clever thing when you're a leading scorer in the post-season... your competition gets smaller and smaller as the rounds go on.

He's a lazy coasting bitch. He tries when he wants, and he has an attitude problem.

Awesome game in LA tonight. Blackhawks rally back from 2-1 deep in the second to give the Kings their first home loss of the playoffs.

I know I'm a bandwagoning asshole, but I'm really starting to love watching hockey.

There's a clever thing when you're a leading scorer in the post-season... your competition gets smaller and smaller as the rounds go on.

He's a lazy coasting bitch. He tries when he wants, and he has an attitude problem.

Its clever cause you're leading your team to the finals.
I don't know about you, but thats what I want out of a player.
Maybe you prefer stockpiling top 5 draft picks and never having any success.

Nathan Horton is a lazy coasting piece of shit.

He's not over performing right now. He's actually trying.

I certainly wouldn't want to build my team around him. I know what happens when you do that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom