National Hockey League 2012-13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I fucking hate the way referees call games in the playoffs. Hate it.

It's very much situational, and it's bush league in my opinion. In the Pacers-Heat game, Dwayne Wade fouled out in OT with two seconds left on a three-point attempt. Paul George hit all three free throws, giving the Pacers a shortlived lead.

Would a call like that be made in a similar situation in the NHL? No fucking way. It's ingrained in the culture that what's a penalty in the first period, is not a penalty in the third. Conventional thought is that referees don't want to decide games in the playoffs, but by putting your whistles away, you're effectively doing the same thing. It's asinine and backwards behaviour.

My point is that the Blackhawks should have been awarded a penalty shot tonight. And why weren't they? Because it was a 1-0 game with five minutes left.

Bullshit. That's ridiculous. Fucking minor league stuff.

It's ridiculous that there wasn't a penalty shot there. Agreed.

However, I still think we take games 5, 6, and 7.

Ah, right, they're back and forth at this point. Win the next two and finish it off at the United Center dammit. This was the plan all along.

Sweeps of that nature only happen like 9% of the time, but they're up for it.

Speculation is that he will be bought out.

Also, Peef, there is a report today that the Flyers are leaning towards buying out Briere. I think they should consider Bryzgalov, instead. He clearly hates it there, and I think the feelings are mutual, at least as far as the fans are concerned.

Briere this year, Bryz next year. It's much easier to replace Danny than it is Bryz. The Flyers traded away their good young goalie to Columbus so they have no options.

The Wade foul is a pretty weak example considering there was no shooting foul whatsoever.

But I know what you're saying.

Whether you think it was a legitimate foul is, to me, irrelevant. At least the call was made, something that would never happen in the NHL.

A similar call was made on an three-point attempt at the very end of Game 1 or 2 of the OKC-Memphis series, if I recall correctly.

We've all seen NFL games where flags have been thrown at critical moments, even late in the fourth quarter. Sure there are exceptions, and officials let things slide at times, but the point is that by and large what's a penalty in the first quarter is still a penalty in the fourth.

Sorry for the rant, guys. I saw that play last night, and thought: 'If that's not a penalty shot then what is? Oh, right, it's a one-goal game with less than five minutes to go.'

I hope they address this, and soon, but I'm not holding my breath. It's been a part of NHL culture almost since its inception.

Well I'd venture to say making a call just for the sake of keeping a game going is a lot worse than 'letting them play.' The point is that call isn't made during the regular season either.

Chicago as a team didn't have to deal with any adversity during the regular season and I was very weary of having them in my playoff pool for that reason. Turns out not without reason.

Chicago as a team didn't have to deal with any adversity during the regular season and I was very weary of having them in my playoff pool for that reason. Turns out not without reason.

They completely dominated tonight, which showed some guts. A win in Detroit would swing the series back in their favor.

Too bad it's not the 1992 version of him.

Not that I'm daring calling this Jaromir Jagr the same as the 1992 Jaromir Jagr, but to the credit of 2013 Jaromir Jagr, he put up the same points this season as he did then.

Of course, in regards to the playoffs, not the same thing at all.

Whoever wins, it's obvious the Blackhawks got fucked and that this game should be over. Here's hoping they snatch it back.

Fuck yes. The better team won tonight, twice.

First time in Blackhawks history that they've rallied back from 3-1.

That could've gotten a bit nasty outside of the United Center. Glad it ended up going in the right direction.

I'm still not following hockey as closely as I'd like, but this season I've made some pretty big strides in the right direction.

Yep. I knew they were good enough to pull it off, they've been breaking records and defying expectations all year long.

:up::up:

Jon Quick will be tough. He's hot. I also don't hate the Kings nearly as much as I hate the Red Wings. This will be a series with a very different kind of feel.

The re-alignment made that series something especially significant. We won't be seeing as much of the Red Wings.

Back
Top Bottom