National Hockey League 2012-13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I respect any Leafs fan from the Toronto area because I'm a pretty staunch believer that you root for your local teams if there are no outside circumstances to influence you otherwise (moving franchises, living far away from sports towns, your parents strongly influencing your rooting interests because they're from somewhere else being the general three reasons).

Blackhawks/Red Wings is an awesome semifinal.

Red Wings are getting bullied but Howard has been fantastic, he's the only reason they're in this.

Reading a lot of these answers is interesting:

Q: What's currently on the iPod?
A: Kelly Clarkson - Catching My Breath

Q: Is Jacob Markstrom really a good dancer?
A: Best dancer in the league, no doubt about it. #bruno

Q: Were you a fan of Mueller's hair this season?
A: #longhairdontcare

Q: When is flordia going to win the cup? <- why did he respond to that one?
A: Next year. <- because he's funny

I'm not, but from afar it seems like Alain Vigneault was the sacrificial lamb for Mike Gillis' mismanagenent. He really bungled the Luongo situation. Vigneault is a good coach and won't be out of work for long.

Probably the best thing that could happen to the team. Change was needed, I'm actually excited about change in coach.

I was more shocked last year when he kept his job after the playoffs...two bad post seasons, what else could they have done?

Not shocking at all. The only somewhat surprising thing is that it happened fairly quickly - I assumed it would be a few more months before it went down. Like BoMac said, AV is a great coach and I'm sure he'll have a job soon.

I think Gillis needs to go as well, but who knows if/when that might happen in this off-season.

Speculation is that he will be bought out.

Also, Peef, there is a report today that the Flyers are leaning towards buying out Briere. I think they should consider Bryzgalov, instead. He clearly hates it there, and I think the feelings are mutual, at least as far as the fans are concerned.

I fucking hate the way referees call games in the playoffs. Hate it.

It's very much situational, and it's bush league in my opinion. In the Pacers-Heat game, Dwayne Wade fouled out in OT with two seconds left on a three-point attempt. Paul George hit all three free throws, giving the Pacers a shortlived lead.

Would a call like that be made in a similar situation in the NHL? No fucking way. It's ingrained in the culture that what's a penalty in the first period, is not a penalty in the third. Conventional thought is that referees don't want to decide games in the playoffs, but by putting your whistles away, you're effectively doing the same thing. It's asinine and backwards behaviour.

My point is that the Blackhawks should have been awarded a penalty shot tonight. And why weren't they? Because it was a 1-0 game with five minutes left.

Bullshit. That's ridiculous. Fucking minor league stuff.

Back
Top Bottom