National Hockey League 2011-2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For crying out loud!,Torres is a repeat offender.He left his skates off the ice to make his hit.That was not a hockey play.Anyone who thinks that he doesn't deserve a suspension in the range of 20-25 games ,must be a cheerleader of the bouffon after each first period on HNIC.(And god knows he has millions of fans in this country since every "hockey pucks" are glue to their TV set when he open his yap)

The problem with the NHL policy when it comes to headshots is that they want to be be " A little pregnant" with it. And how they do that? by throwing the neutron bomb at 3rd or 4th line players or 6 or 7th defensemen.But being soft on 1st or 2nd line guys or 1st or 2nd defensemen.Shea Weber (all star defenseman)got nothing for smashing the head of Zetterberg on the glass like a WWE Wrestler ,but they throw the book at Torres.The problem is not trowing the book at Torres, but being soft on a all star guy.

The NHL can get rid of headshots if they want to.Just don't be a little pregnant with head issue.You hit a player to the head? BAM! 10 games.you are a second time offender? BAM! 20 games. You are a 3rd time offender? BOUM! 40 games.4th time offender? BOUM! 80 games.and so on,and so on...."THAT" will be a deterrent.Because its pretty clear that those 1 or 2 games penalities or those stupid 2500$ fines are not deterrents enough.

But make no mistake,The NHL is run by dinosaurs.They believe hockey fans..true hockey fans ,love this.And why those morons think that and don't want to erase the headshots and fighting? Because they say ratings are up this year and like it was during the time of Rome and the gladiators,people in the arenas are standing up and cheer whenever a fight breaks out or when a headshot is given to an opposite player of the visiting team.

Because what would OT be without a theatrical 'we were too lazy to play 60 minute so instead we figured we'd play the final minute and then see how it goes from there'.

Congrats Flyers, and thank you.

That's 7/15 cup picks eliminated in my pool. Another 5 can be added tonight (sadly one of them being mine), and another 2 by tomorrow night.

That'd leave 1 cup pick (St. Louis) still in the mix. Scary. All good though, if the Flyers or Panthers win the cup I will win the pool and the $300 it holds. If Nashville or St. Louis win, I wont.

Stretcher on the ice on nationally-televised game = NHL will super over-react.

Even if it was a measly one hour in the hospital for Hossa and he was fine.

Ugh. Catering to the knuckle-dragger PTI audience who only view NHL news when it's a dirty hit or suspension or stretcher.

Agree to disagree, I guess. I am not part of this "PTI audience", but I agree with the suspension. There should be more like these given out, particularly to star players (I'm looking at you, Shea Weber) and only then will the message be heard. The NHL will have a big problem one day with all these head injuries, similar to what the NFL has now, with so many former players with head problems.

And for crying out loud, stop looking at the injury incurred by the victim as criteria for length of a suspension. So what if Hossa or Zetterberg didn't sustain any long-term injury? You should judge an incident on the action itself, and if a player didn't get hurt as a result of a dirty play, the next time another player might not be so lucky on a similar play.

It sounds to me like he's upset that the suspension was delivered because of the stretcher and stuff, rather than the intention of the play. Because it generates media and attention.

That was a hell of a game. AV was good while he lasted, but after this past season I'd be shocked if he didn't get the axe.

I didn't expect the Canucks to win the Cup this year, but I didn't think we'd get knocked out so quickly. As I always say, maybe next year. :sigh:

I'd think that Quick makes it more difficult for the Canucks to come back. So I'll say Pittsboig, but I think they're both toast.

51dakrkencL.jpg

canuckstoaster.jpg

Vancouver had so many chances to sink the Kings at that third period, but Quick was just everywhere. Shame to bow out in the first round, but at least we avoided the sweep and Kesler showed up....albeit not on the scoreboard.

What a great trade the Kassian trade looks like now :happy:

:lmao:

Okay so... most importantly, go Panthers.

If not... go Kings or Flyers. 3/8 teams I'm cool with winning the cup (the hopeful advancement of the Panthers, that is).

Yeah nobody likes Michael Yormark don't worry.

True Yormark story: As a 14 year old kid I bitched to the organization because Nathan Horton gave me the finger from the team bus for no reason other than the fact that I was wearing a... Panther jersey. So yeah, anyways, got an email from Yormark back telling me to 'just forget about it' without an apology. Because he's a douche.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom