National Championship Game Predictions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2ME3

Refugee
Well, the BCS National Championship game is a day away. I know my Buckeyes are a huge underdog but I am an eternal optimist and believe Jim Tressel will have a great gameplan and OSU will execute it and win! Yes, I said win. The Bucks with a great defense and special teams will pull off this upset. My prediction Ohio State 24 University of Miami 20.

Go Bucks!

U2ME3 said:
Well, the BCS National Championship game is a day away. I know my Buckeyes are a huge underdog but I am an eternal optimist and believe Jim Tressel will have a great gameplan and OSU will execute it and win! Yes, I said win. The Bucks with a great defense and special teams will pull off this upset. My prediction Ohio State 24 University of Miami 20.

Go Bucks!

No way.

Being a Big Ten fan, I would very much like Ohio State to win, but they don't stand a chance. Maurice Clarett's head is clearly not in the game. OSU is going down in flames.

Well, I shall have to eat my previous words.

Congratulations U2ME3 and any other Bucks fans lurking around.

Any team that can stop Miami four times from the 2-yard line deserves to be national champions (although to be fair, Ken Dorsey completely missed a wide-open receiver on 2nd down, and Willis McGahee was out of the game).

And in case anyone cares, the pass interference that gave OSU 1st-and-goal in the first overtime probably should have been called defensive holding (the DB was holding Chris Gamble 7 yards away from the line of scrimmage), which would have yielded essentially the same result.

Last edited:
as OS is undefeated, they are national champs. but I wonder who would win between USC and OS...

still can't believe a team that i root for has won a championship!
growing up in cleveland, my teams are the browns(red right 88, the drive, the fumble..), the cavs(the shot, michael jordan..), the indians(well, they are the indians) and the buckeyes(michigan, john cooper..)

i don't know what it's like to be on this side.

the best college football game i've ever seen. both teams went at each other for 4 quarters and two overtimes. what more can you ask for?

gotta get some sleep since i got about 2 hours this morning.

later.

us3 said:
as OS is undefeated, they are national champs. but I wonder who would win between USC and OS...

i'd take my chances with the trojans. sure, they have played very well down the stretch but i don't think they are better then the canes.

late.

Congratulations, Buckeye fans!

You did what Bama did in 1992: come from behind in the rankings to beat an undefeated, defending National Champion Miami for the title. You even stripped the ball like we did (Keith Jackson showed the clip from our Jan. 1993 Sugar Bowl victory during the Fiesta Bowl).

The game was played like a National Championship game should be. How much of a payraise will Tressell get?

~U2Alabama

Congrats to the Bucks! Im in Ohio and although I missed the game as I was in Europe at the time, I got caught up quickly on the flight home. See, I was sitting next to Craig Krenzel's brother on his way home from Tempe! It was pretty cool, he gave me alot of info on the game and Craig and stuff.

Way to go Bucks!

In other college-football-related news, Florida State receiver Anquan Boldin has decided to jump off a sinking ship and declare himself eligible for the NFL draft.

Back
Top Bottom