Natasha Lyonne "Fighting for Her Life"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Girl1978

Blue Crack Addict
American Pie star Natasha Lyonne is reportedly fighting for her life in a New York City hospital, after being found with hepatitis C, a heart infection and a collapsed lung. The New York Post reports that the missing actress has been found struggling to survive in the Beth Israel Hospital's intensive care unit. The publication says that as well as the range of health problems she's battling, Lyonne was also found with track marks, and is undergoing methadone treatment, typically used to help heroin users. Her father Aaron Braunstein, who visited the 26-year-old actress a week ago, tells TV show Access Hollywood, "I read the article. I'm crying, actually. It's terrible. That's my little girl. It's a terrible tragedy. But she's gonna get better. We're all praying for her and she's a tough girl. As we see in the paper, she's probably with the wrong crowd, but the main thing she picked up is (hepatitis C) in Bulgaria (while shooting her 2001 movie The Grey Zone)." And Braunstein is certain the New York Post will face legal action for exposing details of Lyonne's condition, explaining, "There's a confidentiality between patient, doctor and hospital, so all of this is gonna be probably a major lawsuit."

imdb.com

:tsk: So sad... And although I agree with her father that the NY Post was completely out of line for releasing confidential details about his daughter's condition, is a "major lawsuit" going to bring good health to Natasha? :eyebrow:

(BTW - is it a surprise to ANYBODY that the Post did something questionable??) :shame:

Not only completely out of line, but against the law under HIPAA regulations. You can't release health privacy information without the patient's consnent.

Maybe she gave her consent. :shrug:

corianderstem said:
Maybe she gave her consent. :shrug:

Possible, but unlikely I think. Besides, unless I've gotten the wrong impression, the Post is just a rag - only slightly more respectable than the Nat'l Enquirer, Star, etc., etc. :angry: I doubt they'd have gone to the trouble of asking Lyonne's permission, anyway (assuming she's awake, coherent & able to GIVE permission).
This is juicy gossip about another downfallen celebrity - why bother with such trivial things privacy concerns or even the true facts of the situation? :eyebrow:

I read an article in Jane Magazine a few months back. The article was by actor Michael Rappaport and it was basically about how his former friend Natasha was going down a spiral of self-destruction. It was a pretty sad article and it made it sound like she was in a really bad state.

Back
Top Bottom