Nar Nar Goon, Victoria, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Baking a loaf of banana bread that is short one cup of sugar and with vanilla replaced with syrup. Let's see how this goes :up:

Suppose it could but I'm basically full in the stomach right now.

And speaking of chocolate, Axver, do you like Whittakers the NZ chocolate?

Nothing particularly for or against to be honest.

Ah, I've always been quite fond of it. Better value than Cadbury in my opinion.

Chocolate. :yuck:

I have Swedish Fish, Jelly Babies and Wine Gums in my Easter basket. The wine gums taste sort of like wine, if I knew what those wines really tasted like I'd probably have a better idea. The Port-flavoured one is very nice.

Exactly. Never mind that the horrible, evil stuff gives me kidney stones.

Oh American superthread friends,

My father is going to America for 10 days or so next weekend. I would like him to try grab me at least a Celtics Jersey, but I wouldn't mind something from the Canucks as well.

Is it pretty simple to find these at any sports store? Any good ones in particular? I only ask because they will definitely be cheaper over there. I'm trying to think of other stuff he can bring back as well...

Depends on where he's going. Most any sporting goods store will have them. Sports Authority is a good national chain to try.

He's going to be in LA, Vegas, and one of either Houston or Dallas, I think Houston.

Yeah, Sports Authority is all over those places, so he'd just have to google one and go over there. Not being in/near Boston, it might be harder to find a jersey. If he doesn't find one there, there's strictly a pro-sports chain called Fanzz that are mainly in malls, but they'd be guaranteed to have a jersey.

Daniel, if he doesn't find anything by Dallas, have him go to the Galleria mall. I'm positive I remember there being a store in there that sold all kinds of jerseys and whatnot. I hope.

In the queue tonight:

MCR - That killjoys thing
Adele - 21

I plan to.

Also in teh queue - Tori Amos , Strange Little Girls

You've never heard of them? They're a British band that came up in my last.fm recommendations. From what I've learned, they were somewhat popular in the Britpop era although their music has elements of shoegaze and prog among other things. Only 3 studio albums. Have heard a few songs on Youtube which have impressed me quite a bit, hence my interest.

You've never heard of them? They're a British band that came up in my last.fm recommendations. From what I've learned, they were somewhat popular in the Britpop era although their music has elements of shoegaze and prog among other things. Only 3 studio albums. Have heard a few songs on Youtube which have impressed me quite a bit, hence my interest.

Huh, no, the name doesn't ring a bell but by your description they sound worth investigating.

I remember Mansun, they were very well regarded by critics in the late 90s/early 00s iirc. Never heard their albums, though. Interesting they aren't brought up more often today.

Huh, no, the name doesn't ring a bell but by your description they sound worth investigating.

Apparently the idea for their name came from The Verve's A Man Called Sun.

I remember Mansun, they were very well regarded by critics in the late 90s/early 00s iirc. Never heard their albums, though. Interesting they aren't brought up more often today.

Not to mention that their albums reached high up in the charts. The vocalist has an amazing voice in my opinion, not really grating like other vocalists of the 90's Britpop era.

Shame they broke up.

Back
Top Bottom