Nanaimo Bars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GibsonGirl

ONE love, blood, life
Forget poutine. (Only for a short while, don't be crazy!) The Canadian delicacy that everyone should be talking about is the nanaimo bar. I had the pleasure of discovering its glory today. A crumbly chocolate and coconut base, topped with a layer of frosting-like custard and crowned with soft chocolate. A fine treat on a cold Canadian day! The nation's finest Mounties should salute those wonderful women from British Columbia who first brought the nanaimo bar into the world.

nanaimo.jpg

:bow: :drool: :bow:

I think I'll have one right now!

nanaimo bars = yum

i have the best recipe that i used for a home ec. exam when i was in 9th grade. my mom still makes them every christmas.

:drool:

They are delicious, but can be hit or miss. The filling can't be too fat or buttery or it tastes really greasy.

A good Nanaimo bar is gold, though.

Are you working in the marketing sector? ;) Really good text, but I have to join the others in saying that I don't like coconut too much :(

And I don't think we will get such here in Germany :(
We need more stores with products from around the world.

Nanaimo Bars are so delicious! :drool: I agree with anitram though, they can be hit or miss. But a good quality bar is melt-in-your mouth goodness!

Vincent Vega said:

And I don't think we will get such here in Germany :(
We need more stores with products from around the world.

But you guys (and Switzerland) already have the beeeeest chocolate.

We don't even get kindereggs or whatever they are called. :sad:

I have a friend who lives in Nanaimo.
I can also go buy 20 Kinder Suprises if I so choose to. :lol:

:love:

I bought one today with my lunch, but I was too full. So I threw it in my backpack and it melted on the way home. It's now recovering in my fridge until I eat it. :drool:

GibsonGirl said:
Forget poutine. (Only for a short while, don't be crazy!) The Canadian delicacy that everyone should be talking about is the nanaimo bar. I had the pleasure of discovering its glory today. A crumbly chocolate and coconut base, topped with a layer of frosting-like custard and crowned with soft chocolate. A fine treat on a cold Canadian day! The nation's finest Mounties should salute those wonderful women from British Columbia who first brought the nanaimo bar into the world.

nanaimo.jpg

:bow: :drool: :bow:

I think I'll have one right now!

omg. :drool:

Someone send me some please!!! :lol:

That looks good :drool:

My aunt lives in the Czech Republic, and brought over some cool desserts with her when she visitied.

They were discs, like ice cream cones, filled with sugar, it was amazing :drool:

thought i'd share that story.

I bet I could taste it. There's something about that wierd gritty feeling coconut has in your teeth when you chew it :no:

im going to make my own version by replacing the coconut with white chocolate scrapings and sell it all over the USA

im gonna be so rich :drool:

from the sounds of it there's not much coconut invoved.....Kayla I'll be speaking to you about shipping me some of those later

PlaTheGreat said:

But you guys (and Switzerland) already have the beeeeest chocolate.

We don't even get kindereggs or whatever they are called. :sad:

I agree, our chocolate is great. But the chocolate from Norway is even better I think.

Check on amazon.com, there you can buy Milka chocolate.

Canadiens1160 said:
I have a friend who lives in Nanaimo.

I've been to Nanaimo, and I can tell you that it's exotic lusciousness has been captured completely in its chocolaty namesake. :drool:

Every year, my Mom makes giant nanaimo Easter eggs. They weigh as much as a small animal, and they're sooo damn good.

With the coconut situation, it's a pretty understated element, in terms of taste--it's all just a blend of heaven.

U2Girl1978 said:
I'll be requesting that each and every one of you ship me some chocolate this week. Chocolate goodies. :evil:

Probably good for migraines, too :drool: (Don't qoute me on this, I'm not a doctor...I just play one on Interference.) Hope you're feeling better today :)

In terms of chocolate, I could live inside a giant hunk of chocolate and eat my way out. Aside from music, it's my favourite fuel.

angelordevil said:

Probably good for migraines, too :drool: (Don't qoute me on this, I'm not a doctor...I just play one on Interference.) Hope you're feeling better today :)

In terms of chocolate, I could live inside a giant hunk of chocolate and eat my way out. Aside from music, it's my favourite fuel.

Thank you. :) I feel much better today.

Coconut haters, be at peace! You hardly even taste the coconut in Nanaimo bars. There's a tiny hint of it in the texture, but there's so much else going on in your mouth that you don't even notice it. It's not like it's a Bounty bar, or anything.

Oh dear...now I did it...

Bountyyyyy :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

SWEET NECTAR OF LIFE!

Bounty-chocolate.jpg

Back
Top Bottom