Name your Top 5 Songs of All-TIME

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LastEdgeOnEarth

The Fly
Here are mine not necessarily in order and until I hear something else to change the order...

Your Hand In Mine- Explosions in the Sky
Caught by the River- Doves
The Cockfigther- Scott Walker
Such a Small Love- Scott Walker
The Fuse- Bruce Springsteen

1. Beatles - "Strawberry Fields Forever"
2. U2 - "Zooropa"
3. Led Zeppelin - "Black Dog"
4. Beck - "Debra"
5. Blur - "Beetlebum"

Look, I mainly started this thread to find new and exciting stuff to checkout. So please, if all you base your list off of the local top 40 station, then don't bother responding. I've heard all them Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin gems too. I don't need to check out anymore of them.

LastEdgeOnEarth said:
So please, if all you base your list off of the local top 40 station, then don't bother responding.

:eyebrow:

Anyway...

If you wanted that in the first place, then please specify it in the original post so that people will know what to give you. If I were you, I'd add that into the original post and put "double post" or something in this one, because many people will not read past the first post.

Ooops I did it Again - Britney Spears
My Humps - Black Eyed Peas (or maybe just Fergie?)
Parents Just Don't Understand - DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince
Genie in a Bottle - Christina Aguilera
Livin La Vida Loca - Ricky Martin

LastEdgeOnEarth said:
Look, I mainly started this thread to find new and exciting stuff to checkout. So please, if all you base your list off of the local top 40 station, then don't bother responding. I've heard all them Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin gems too. I don't need to check out anymore of them.

Please leave.

LastEdgeOnEarth said:

We don't play passive-agressive games here. If you want to discuss a certain topic then you need to state that directly and upfront. Otherwise, you have absolutely no right to bitch about the responses you get.

LastEdgeOnEarth said:

oh burn.

UberBeaver said:

:applaud:

1. With Or Without You - u2
2. Satisfaction - The Rolling Stones
3. Lemon - u2
4. BIllie Jean - Michael Jackson
5. Friends - Led zeppelin

To actually answer the question posed in the original post of this thread:

(in no order):

Country Feedback - R.E.M.
Beautiful Day - U2
Sunken Treaure - Wilco
Incident on 57th Street - Bruce Springsteen
The Golden Age - Beck

UberBeaver said:

No love for TimmyT? that makes the baby jebus cry :scream:

LastEdgeOnEarth said:

Oh boy, a thread for music snobs! Everyone loves a music snob.

:love:

LastEdgeOnEarth said:

try neutral milk hotel :up:

1. Gloria - U2
2. Made Of Stone - Stone Roses
3. How Soon Is Now - The Smiths
4. Where The Streets Have No Name - U2
5. Born Slippy - Underworld

Husker Du - Whatever
Slowdive - Souvlaki Space Station
Beach Boys - Surf's Up
Kitchens of Distinction - 4 Men
Chapterhouse - Pearl

Something tells me that a U2 forum may not be the best place to find the latest indie jives.

1. Symphony No. 9 by Beethoven. I mean, this would have been the best song even if it were written by someone who wasn't DEAF!

U2--Bad
Emmylou Harris--Boulder to Birmingham
Miles Davis--So What
Wilco--Ashes of American Flags
Talking Heads--This Must Be the Place (Naive Melody)

Bad has been my favorite song since I was 14. The others are a bit more flexible--my favorite Wilco song sometimes changes to Jesus, Etc. or Sunken Treasure. There were a lot of songs it was tough to leave off the list.

I hope it meets your approval. If not, I'll be in the corner crying :sad:

The Sad Punk said:

Something tells me that a U2 forum may not be the best place to find the latest indie jives.

Indeed. Check out a Fiery Furnaces board or something for such info.

I had a Fiery Furnaces CD for a while. The first time I listened to it, I thought it was kind of neat and quirky.

The second time I listened to it, it made me want to break things. So I had to part ways with that CD.

corianderstem said:
I had a Fiery Furnaces CD for a while. The first time I listened to it, I thought it was kind of neat and quirky.

The second time I listened to it, it made me want to break things. So I had to part ways with that CD.

Have you heard their cover of Norwegian Wood? It's an atrocity. :grumpy: Plus, their songs are waaaaaay too long for my short attention span, and there's not enough payoff anyway.

But they are indietastic.

Well...I probably don't have the obscure taste necessary but regardless

1) The Unforgettable Fire - U2
2) Read My Mind - The Killers
3) Can't Help Falling in Love - Elvis
4) Baba O'Riley - The Who
5) Gimme Shelter - The Rolling Stones

Those are totally subject to change...well the last two anyway...

Music snobbery or no... my 5 -

'Man In The Mirror' - Michael Jackson
'That I Would Be Good' - Alanis Morissette
'Never Forget' - Take That
'Joga' - Bjork
'Live Like You Were Dying' - Tim McGraw

This list changes every second, but the first three are the constant winners.

01 Acrobat - U2
02 Morgenstern - Rammstein
03 Jeepster - T. Rex
04 Rock And Roll - Led Zeppelin
05 Come Together - Beatles

LastEdgeOnEarth said:

Well, in that case ...

1. The Forsaken by Antestor
2. Light Of Day, Day Of Darkness by Green Carnation
3. The Genuine Pulse by Borknagar
4. Lovelorn Rhapsody by Anathema
5. Crossing The 45th Parallel by Woods Of Ypres

Yeah, check those out! And why not just get Mayhem's De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas album while you're at it?

1. The Killing Moon - Echo & The Bunnymen
2. Angel Of Harlem - U2
3. The Passenger - Iggy Pop
4. Hounds Of Love - Kate Bush
5. Bigmouth Strikes Again - The Smiths

LastEdgeOnEarth said:

Bit simplistic seeing as most of the songs in history that are "favourites", have made the top 40 at some stage.

Here's some good obscure songs for ya:

1. Wildflowers - Things Of Stone And Wood
2. Want You - Motor Ace
3. Ruby Super - Kinky Bosco
4. Apple Eyes - Swoop
5. Private Education - Josh Pyke

Back
Top Bottom