name your favorite underrated actors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whoever said Steve Buchemi :bow:
He just about acts the same in every movie but he still kicks major ass!!!

Also, I really do think Richard Gere is great actor .. I know a lot of people who disagree but I still believe the contrary

-Cillian Murphy
- Liam Neeson

Im sure that with Walk the Line, Joaquin wont have a problem with being underrated,
His brother, River, also was an amazing actor , it's a shame he died so young :(

I adore Steve Buscemi! He's a real sweetheart too, which makes him all the more enjoyable!

Jeff Goldblum is another actor who plays the same type of character in most of his movies, and yet...I just LOVE him! I saw him in The Pillowman on Broadway several times last year, and he was freaking GENIUS in it! He's got that Goldblumian charm. It's undeniable.

ahhhhh,
I love Goldblum, have you ever seen him when he guests on Conan?

I've seen him on the show 3 or 4 times and he is by faaaar my favorite guest ever!!! He is incredibly random and very, very funny! And hes strangely attractive too:shh:

Goldblum is an oddly sexy man!...I don't think I've ever seen him on Conan, come to think of it. I'd say Alan Cumming and Billy Connolly are two of my favorite Conan guests. Another pair of underrated actors.

And I love Gael Garcia Bernal. God, he's hot! Talented and hot, hot, HOT!

Oh, and Joseph Finnes!

MsGiggles said:
Sean Bean :drool: :drool: :drool:

sh6b.jpg

I was going to write the same name
This guy is wonderful -- I also appreciate the fact that he's often the villain in his movies!

Christian Bale
Edward Norton
Clive Owen
Daniel Day-Lewis
Terrence Howard
Gary Oldman
Linus Roache
Vincent Cassell (he's more famous in France)
Ralph Fiennes
Liam Neeson

Siren said:

Vincent Cassell (he's more famous in France)

:up:

Gary Oldman
Alan Rickman (I guess I mean this more in relation to film/television work, as he's obviously very acclaimed for his stage work)
Liam Neeson
Ralph Fiennes

Gary Oldman rules!!

[Watch "The Professional" ... he should've/should win an Oscar...]

I would also like to add:

Alfred Molina
Raul Julia
Jean Reno
Delroy Lindo
Tim Roth
Laurence Fishburne

elevation2u said:
ahhhhh,
I love Goldblum, have you ever seen him when he guests on Conan?

I've seen him on the show 3 or 4 times and he is by faaaar my favorite guest ever!!! He is incredibly random and very, very funny! And hes strangely attractive too:shh:

:yes: I totally understand that strangely attractive part:drool:

:shh:

MrsSpringsteen said:
David Strathairn, I've never seen him in anything I can recall until Good Night And Good Luck. He was so good in that.

Jim Caviezel

he did a really good job in "Delores Claibourne" his character was such a douche bag, they did a really awesome job with the maine accents in that movie too.
he was also in the river wild , la confidential, etc.etc. he has an interesting look

I have a bunch of these, but my brain is locked up right now.

I was just about to say Bruce Greenwood, he is always good.

also Peter Saarsgard, Christian Bale is fucking awesome although I am not sure if he's underrated really. He was just Batman for heaven's sake.

many of these names on this thread I wouldn't consider underrated at all. Meaning, they might be great but they aren't underrated, that's all.

wow, you people mentioned already all my favorites!

Christian Bale
Liam Neeson
Benicio del Toro
Clive Owen
John Cusack
Edward Norton
Mark Ruffalo
Joaquin Phoenix

all already mentioned!

well, I have new ones:

Jared Leto
Wes Bentley

Tilli said:

I agree - he made Troy worth watching.

Also Guy Pearce :up:

He stole the show from Brad Pitt. He was also very good in his small part in Black Hawk down.

I think the majority of mentioned people really aren't underrated, perhaps not as big as Tom Hanks or Tom Cruise whatever....but they're all pretty much known and have been in pretty big movies...but then I guess it depends on an individual's take on the term - "underrated"

Shirley Henderson. She seems to be very highly rated amongst critics but how many of you are now thinking "Who the f*ck's that?". I rest my case.

:wink:

EDIT: I also want to add Joanna Lumley. I think she's a far more talented actress than she's given credit for (I'm glossing over the BAFTA win there :whistle: ).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom