Name the countries or States you have visited!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When you apply for a Australian visa they have both East and West Germany still as countries.

Vincent Vega said:
When you apply for a Australian visa they have both East and West Germany still as countries.

I guess the stereotype mentioned by blueeyedgirl in an FYM thread of Australia as "unaware of the rest of the world" is correct! :lol:

So someone should tell them that they can close their embassies in some "countries". :)

Bono's Betty said:
^Wow, what brought you to Manitoba may I ask? ( thats were I live, no one ever comes here :giggle:)

I have family that spends the summer in North Dakota right on the border so I've been to the International Peace Garden a few times. When I was little we went to Jasper National Park from there so we probably drove through some of Manitoba to get there.

Good thread idea. I live in England, uk

I've been to:
USA
Australia
France
Spain
Malaysia
Singapore
Belgium
Holland
Hungary
Mexico
Cyprus
Tenerife
Scotland
Wales

States:
NYC
Florida
California

ILuvLarryMullen said:

I have family that spends the summer in North Dakota right on the border so I've been to the International Peace Garden a few times. When I was little we went to Jasper National Park from there so we probably drove through some of Manitoba to get there.

:cool: I always wanted to go to the Peace Garden.

Countries:

Canada
Bermuda (a British overseas territory, so not technically a 'country')
Ireland
UK
Spain
Portugal
France
Italy
Greece
Belgium
Switzerland
Czech Republic
Monaco
India
Pakistan
Nepal
Bangladesh
Sri Lanka
Thailand
Singapore
China, incl. Hong Kong
Philippines
Japan

states:

Mississippi
Alabama
Georgia
Florida
Texas
Arkansas
Tennessee
North Carolina
South Carolina
Louisiana
Virginia
Kentucky
Indiana
Illinois
Michigan
Missouri
Kansas
Ohio
Pennsylvania
Maryland
Delaware
(DC)
New Jersey
New York
Massachusetts
Colorado
California
Vermont
Maine
Hawaii

Last edited:
I was born and raised in the Panama Canal Zone lived there until I was 18. It no longer exists. :sad: The country of Panama exists but the Canal Zone which was a US territory no longer exists.
Father worked for the US government ( Non military)

Countries:
Panama
Costa Rica
Columbia
Mexico
Canada
Germany
France
England
The Netherlands
Belgium

US States:
Washingon State ( Home)
Oregon
Idaho
Montana
Wyoming
Illinois
Indiana
Ohio
New Jersey
California
Arizona
Colorado
Utah
N.Dakota
S.Dakota
Texas
Oklahoma
Nevada
New Mexico
Louisana
Mississippi
Alabama
Georgia
Florida
S.Carolina
N.Carolina
Kentucky
Tennesee
Virginia
Wash DC
New York

I think that's it. I am going to Ireland this year and I cannot wait!
Gotta make the U2 pilgrimage, plus I am Irish/American hertiage. Lot's of family history to investigate. I cannot wait!!

indra said:

I guess the stereotype mentioned by blueeyedgirl in an FYM thread of Australia as "unaware of the rest of the world" is correct! :lol:

Says she who can't remember if she went to West Virginia or not! :mad:

:lol:

Anyway, I've been to:

Australia:
all states except Western Australia and Northern Territory.

O/S:

Italy
UK
Ireland
Yugoslavia (as it was then)
Croatia (as it is now)
France
Austria
Switzerland
Germany

Airports I have seen the inside of:
Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Muscat (Oman)

Hey it's a bloody long way to the other side of the world from Australia! :madspit:

:wink: London, Birmingham, Leeds, Blackpool, Liverpool, Dover, England, Wales, Glasgow, Scotland, Dublin, Ireland, Belfast, northern Ireland, Tempe, Arizona, Las, Vegas, NV., Oklahoma City, OK, High Point, North Carolina and Berea, KY. but as a former truck driver...I have Visited much more cities in the U.S. I love to travel!:yes:

Oz:

Victoria
New South Wales
Queensland

Overseas:

United States:

California (San Diego, Anaheim, L.A) Such good times...

And I've been in the Auckland Airport for about 5 hours.

I just noticed this thread...great idea! :up:

I've been to a few places, but I'd like to kick it up a notch and really explore a bit more. I'd absolutely love to go to Australia.

So far, I've seen parts of England, France, USA (Vermont, Maine, & Florida). I also spent a Christmas in Germany when I was a teenager, which was incredible. (I ended up falling in love with their ketchup, and smuggled a year's supply back to Canada in my suitcase.)

Most of my pictures are with my family, but these are a few from two of the most memorable trips I've had: Vancouver, British Columbia (here in Canada), and England.

Looking at a sea otter at the Vancouver Aquarium when I was 12. Incredible place...I practically had to be dragged away.

kipvancouver1mk8.jpg

A giant tree (or maybe I'm really malnourished). I think it's a Douglas Fir.

kipvancouver2hk9.jpg

Studying English architecture and landscape in Harlow, Essex, in 2001. Lack of sunscreen that day, I think.

harlow1gq3.jpg

Ancient ruins of a Roman theatre.

harlow4nw5.jpg

Architecture!

harlow6jy8.jpg

Madame Tussaud's wax museum in London.

harlow2kj8.jpg

The Hard Rock Cafe in London, with a few of my classmates. All sorts of music memorabilia here, and great nachos!

harlow5yq9.jpg

The 'Big Ben' Clock Tower on the Parliament building in Westminster. I took this after walking for hours across London...through Hyde Park, and seemingly everywhere else. I love walking, but my sore feet were official confirmation that it wasn't just a regular small town stroll.

harlow3hy9.jpg

Last edited:
born in the uk, live in the usa...

Belgium
Switzerland
France
Spain
Portugal
Italy
Luxembourg
Austria
Czech Rep.
Germany
Ireland
Canada
Mexico

and at the moment im in the planning stage of a year long round the world trip...so the list should be getting much longer.:wink:

PlaTheGreat said:

:lol:

What an awesome shirt!

I loved that shirt! But the sad thing is how it was such a part of my being...there’s at least 20 more pictures from that trip where I’m wearing it...along with some really ugly shorts :yikes:

I wonder where that shirt is now? I wonder if that tree is still standing? I wonder if that little sea otter I loved is miraculously still living, or did he pass away in 1995, as his tiny little body slowly floated to the surface? So many questions!

I'm sensing a return trip to Vancouver coming on...

Angela Harlem said:

no point wasting paper by printing new forms, is all!
:madspit:

:reject:

I could understand that... but it was online :)

And I don't think Australia, or the DIMMIA, set up an online application form before 1990 ;)

Australia: Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria. Should be getting to Tasmania and South Australia soon.

USA: Tennessee, Massachusetts, Georgia, Kentucky, and if you count airport stopovers, California, Illinois, DC, and Virginia.

New Zealand:
Going by former provinces (dissolved in 1876): Auckland, New Plymouth, Hawkes Bay, Wellington, Nelson, Marlborough, Westland, Canterbury, Otago (the only one I'm missing is Southland).
Going by current rugby provinces (bracketed provinces are those that existed prior to mergers): North Harbour, Auckland, Counties-Manukau, Waikato (only via airport stopovers in Hamilton), Bay of Plenty, King Country, Taranaki, Wanganui, Manawatu, Hawkes Bay, Wairarapa-Bush (both Wairarapa and Bush), Kapiti-Horowhenua, Wellington, Tasman (definitely Nelson and Marlborough, probably slightly into Golden Bay), Buller, West Coast, Canterbury, Mid Canterbury, South Canterbury, North Otago, Otago. The only ones I'm definitely missing are Northland, Thames Valley, East Coast, Poverty Bay, and Southland.

From the Republic Of Ireland and been to:

Northern Ireland
England
Scotland
Wales
France
Spain
Portugal
Cyprus

and been in an airport in Germany and Czech Republic

States:
Massachusetts
Rhode Island
Illinois
California
Washington
North Carolina
South Carolina
West Virginia
Georgia
New Hampshire
Connecticut
Pennsylvannia
New York
Texas
New Jersey
Michigan
New York
Florida

Countries:
Canada (BC and Alberta)
Jamaica
Greece
Egypt
England
Germany
Ireland (twice)
India (twice)

This is kinda cool and a bit :reject: But most of these states and countries I visited was because I followed Pearl Jam there!

STATES:

California
Oregon
Washington
Denver
Wyoming
Nevada
Indiana
Illinois
Iowa
Kansas
Missouri
Colorado
Virginia
New York
Pennsylvania
Wisconsin
Hawaii
Minnesota
Nebraska
Arizona
Ohio

COUNTRIES:

USA (of course)
Mexico
Canada
Italia
Germany
C. Republic
Ireland (no, not for U2... um PJ)
U.K
Austria

I'm including the places I've lived as well....

States:
California
Nevada
Arizona
Utah
Colorado
New Mexico
Montana
South Dakota
Iowa
Michigan
Wisconsin
Louisiana
Georgia
South Carolina
North Caorlina
Virginia
Tenessee
Massachusetts

Countries
Mexico
China
Japan
Korea

Mrs. Vedder said:
This is kinda cool and a bit :reject: But most of these states and countries I visited was because I followed Pearl Jam there!

COUNTRIES:
Canada

Did you go to the Newfoundland shows? (That's where I'm from.)

I'm guessing you're in the Ten Club? :drool:

Back
Top Bottom