Name The Album You Just Bought

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gibsongirl: It was my first one as well, it does get better, and I don't know but I think Some Girls... will grow on you, I know it did on me

Dani aka Lemonchick :wink: : knew you'd like that

Zootlesque said:
Sinatra Reprise, The Very Good Years :love:
Happy Holidays, 25 Christmas Favorites - Various Artists
Music Box - Mariah Carey (guilty pleasure.. oh yeah!)

:up: :love: :dancing:

I just bought my first Sinatra CD, a Christmas one on an after Christmas sale, but I want to buy some more and I love the old Mariah, I guess from the early nineties.

I also bought Achtung Baby (I already had that from a torrent download but now I'm legal) and Crash, Dave Matthews Band for 2.00 at a used store, I'm not a big fan of Dave Matthews but I did notice that the CD was produced by Steve Lillywhite.

I also bought Gwen Stefani, The Sweet Escape, I haven't listened to it yet, I hope I'm not disappointed because I love No Doubt, Tragic Kingdom Gwen and before.

The Who - Endless Wire

This album turned out to be miles better than I ever though it could be.

U2 - Window in the Skies 3 track single
Wolfmother
Guns and Roses - Greatest Hits

I had fun last weekend thanks to a tiny bit of extra spending cash and did small sprees at two different stores. I got: Van Halen "Best of Both Worlds," "Nina Simone's Finest Moment," Billie Holiday collection, Dave Brubeck Quartet collection, Lionel Hampton collection, Toby Lightman "Bird on a Wire," Brian Setzer Sun Records tribute, "Window in the Skies" single and "U218" on LP.

Just got these today from amazon, with more on the way any day now! :hyper:

James Dean Bradfield - The Great Western
M.I.K.E. - The Perfect Blend
Markus Schulz - Ibiza '06

oasis - heathen chemistry (I know it's not a recent album but I have bought it in a how do you call it in english? second-hand shop for cd's???)

I just love these two songs: 'stop crying your heart out' and 'little by little'.... :):rockon:

elvis costello-punch the clock :dance:

....on actual vinyl :eek: i love having a record player :heart:

i put it on while my friend was over, and she was like "you have the same taste in music as my parents"
:rockon:

moniii said:
I just love these two songs: 'stop crying your heart out' and 'little by little'.... :):rockon:

Excellent songs, indeed. :yes:

My other CDs arrived from amazon... :drool:

Nicky Wire - I Killed the Zeitgeist
Manic Street Preachers - Everything Must Go 10th Anniversary Edition (2 CDs and a DVD)

Ernest Tubb--The Definitive Collection
Pete Townshend/Ronnie Lane--Rough Mix (which I already have but a version of the album with three extra songs on it was only 7 bucks, so how could I say no?)

oh, and
U2--Stay (the five song single)

Sufjan Stevens - Greetings From Michigan: The Great Lake State
Marvin Gaye - Gold
OK Go - Oh No

I made a good haul today with some birthday money I had. :wink:

I did it! I didn't buy a single CD in January. I decided I needed a small break as I bought 85 CDs last year (of which 20 in December alone). I'm still catching up with what I bought.
:)

Interpol - Turn On The Bright Lights
Finally decided to check them out! Listening to the CD right now. Sounds like a less mainstream version of Hot Fuss. Nothing has really grabbed me yet though. Maybe it's a grower?

Radiohead - Pablo Honey
The only album of theirs I was missing! Listened to half of it in the car on the way back from the store. Didn't really like anything other than Creep and Stop Whispering which I already knew. :slant:

Turn On The Bright Lights is a really good album. Give it time Zoots. It'll grow on you. Interpol is a much better band than The Killers.

Pablo Honey is an odd bird. Most people don't like it that much. I wouldn't be surprised if you never really warmed up to it. Personally, I guess I'm the exception, I like almost every song on it. And I'll probably get shot for saying this, but sometimes I'll rank Pablo Honey above OK Computer simply because it's the whole is greater than the sum of its parts (which IMO is NOT the case with OK Computer). In the context of a full album, I consider OK Computer to be their weakest effort. Pablo Honey on the otherhand, while not really groundbreaking in any way, is a solid and enjoyable listen all the way through with several really impressive highlights. :shrug: But I am the exception to the rule in regards to both Pablo Honey and OK Computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom