Name The Album You Just Bought

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zootlesque said:

No kidding.

If you don't like my attitude, then you can F-off
Just go to Texas, isn't that where they golf?

:barf:

:lol:

That whole song is atrocious. I see myself heading for the "skip" button a lot with that track. :down:

bono_man2002 said:

Bloc Party - Weekend In The City

:up: :up: :up:

on Tuesday I bought Neon Bible, and on Wednesday I bought Yours to Keep by Albert Hammond Jr. and the Four Winds EP from Bright Eyes

I love them all. 2007 music FTW

Add me to the unoriginal crew.

Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
Alkaline Trio - Good Mourning
Fiona Apple - Extraordinary Machine
The Mamas and The Papas - Creeque Alley

Sams town - the killers. It's taken me a while, but I finally have it and it's :drool: worthy.

Arcade Fire - Neon Bible (limited edition)
Franz Ferdinand - Franz Ferdinand (2 CD special edition) :drool:
Strokes - Is This It

I just picked up the first album by Emma Burgess, an L.A.-based singer-songwriter. It's called Swim. It's very folky, and her voice reminds me very much of Mazzy Star. It's a nice chill out album.

I got it from an online music shop I just discovered called Amie Street. It's an interesting concept--albums start out as completely free, then as users rate tracks, the tracks and albums go up in price. Single songs never cost more than 98 cents. As you recommend tracks, you can get money put on your account. I'm still figuring it out, but I like that they have the sort of newer artists that iTunes probably won't have for a long time, if at all. Another nice thing is that you can preview 1:45 of each track, so you have a better idea of what you're buying.

Everything there is iTunes/iPod compatible; when you buy an album, you download it as a zip file of mp3s.

Corinne Bailey Rae
Fergie - The Dutchess
Sarah McLachlan - Surfacing

gump said:

Nice pick! I hope you enjoyed it!

Sounds pretty good on first listen! :D

And annie_vox, I had a burned copy of Franz but I'm such a sucker for liner notes, couldn't resist when I saw this special edition on sale. :drool: :wink:

Zootlesque said:
Franz Ferdinand - Franz Ferdinand (2 CD special edition) :drool:

You Could Have It So Much Better is even better. :drool: :drool: :drool:

They're definitely a great band. I hope they can get something out by the end of the year.

Arcade Fire - "Neon Bible"
Bloc Party - "Silent Alarm"

I wanted "Weekend In The City", but Best Buy didn't have any, so I went with the debut "Silent Alarm" and BOY is it great! I'm absolutely loving it so far!

"Neon Bible" is really good. However, that being said, though I feel that there is less filler on "Neon Bible" than on "Funeral", I find the great songs on "Funeral" better than the best songs off "Neon Bible". "Neon Bible" is definitely more consistently good, but I don't think it quite reaches the same heights as "Funeral".

But back to the Bloc Party :drool: I can't wait to get "Weekend In The City"! :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom