Name The Album You Just Bought

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RHCP stadium arcadium
Lostprophets The Fake Sound of Progress

New Lostprophets June 26!!

Bono's shades said:
Elvis Costello - Blood and Chocolate

:bow:
One of my favourite Elvis Costello albums! :up:

Yesterday the mailman didn't deliver an album to me, but since it's a music DVD I guess it also deserves a mention here:

The Work Of Director Michel Gondry

This one includes videos by Björk (Human Behavior, Bachelorette and many others), White Stripes (Fell In Love With A Girl, The Hardest Button To Button and some others), Daft Punk (Around The World), Kylie Minogue (Come Into My World) and many others. Basically, most of the great videos of the past where you were wondering "How did the director do that?"
:D

I'm a braggart!

AFI - 'Decemberunderground'

Love the fact that CDs are released on Mondays here in Hong Kong and we're also a day ahead of North America. :up: Now I have to wait for 5 more hours to get home from work to listen to it. :angry:

I bought 2 best of cds today; Olivia Newton-John and Led zeppelin! Quite a contrast of artists! :wink:

Just ordered:

Go-Betweens -- Oceans Apart
Go-Betweens -- Bellavista Terrace
Grant McLennan -- Horsebreaker Star
Grant McLennan -- Watershed

:uhoh:

Bob Dylan - The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan
Bob Dylan - Bringing It All Back Home
Bobby D - Highway 61 Revisited
Robert Zimmerman - Desire

All are the SACD reissues (I already had the old versions of BIABH & H61R)

Sufjan Stevens - 'Seven Swans'
Morrissey - 'Suedehead: The Best of Morrissey'
Scott Walker - 'The Drift'

I had bought movie tickets with friends & coworkers to see Xmen 3. Another one of their friends showed up who wanted to see it and couldn't get tickets, I donated mine since I've already watched it. HMV was right next door, so this is what happened. :wink: They were all on sale, best of all being Morrissey brand new for around US$4. Yes, I actually bought the Scott Walker album. If it's not good, I will actually punch the guy who made that thread right in the face. That's no lie.

Bruce Springsteen -- Born To Run

over 30 years on and it's still my favourite Springsteen album.

Buying it then involved a major cash outlay (and persuading my mum to drive me to the city over an hour away); tonight I bought it with a click of the mouse.

Raconteurs - Broken Boy Soldiers

bought it for hubby, but I'm sneaking a listen here and there. Really like 'Steady As She Goes'. Many songs have a vibe from other bands, such as The Beatles, Elton John, just various influences... :up:

Lila64 said:
Raconteurs - Broken Boy Soldiers

bought it for hubby, but I'm sneaking a listen here and there. Really like 'Steady As She Goes'. Many songs have a vibe from other bands, such as The Beatles, Elton John, just various influences... :up:

this album is awesome!

Had a bit of a good time at Hastings recently since a trip I was supposed to go on cancelled out on me. Brought 5 CDs that day-I've been on a serious Oingo Boingo/Danny Elfman kick lately, so I got some stuff from them:

Dead Man's Party ("Stay"...:drool:...dear god, I love that song...)
Dark At The End Of The Tunnel (which I am addicted to like nothing else right now... Good. Album. Very good. Yes)
and a "20th Century Masters" thing of theirs.

I also got the Nightmare Before Christmas (speaking of things I love...Danny's singing in that movie is just superb, holy cow...the guy's got an excellent voice) and Corpse Bride soundtracks, too. Good stuff all around :yes: :up:.

Angela

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom