Name The Album You Just Bought

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
killing joke - Hossanas from the basements of hell .

Johnny cash - American III Solitary man

Buddy Holly - Gold

I saw it in the shop today for a reasonable price, so I bought it. I've been wanting to check out his stuff for a while now. And while I'm not too fond of 'generic' compilations (there's a whole range of Gold compilations, from Aerosmith and ABC to the Temptations and Bob Marley) there isn't that much choice regarding Buddy Holly. At the start of rock&roll there weren't that many albums. Plus, I heard that the sound is really good on this one.
:up:

The Beach Boys - Pet sounds

Duran Duran - Rio - I bought the album when it came out at first 'cos i was a Durannie!!! :wink: It still sounds great - The Chauffer :heart:

Elton John - Goodbye yellow brick road

I've said it before, but I'll say it again:
Pet Sounds! :drool:

Everyone on this forum should have that one in his/her collection. :bow:

And that's also a good Elton John choice. :up:

:)

The Verve - Urban Hymns.
John Frusciante - Curtains & Inside of Emptiness.

bruce springsteen - we shall overcome: the seeger sessions
ducky boys - the war back home
mark lind - death or jail

best albums so far this year, and i really don't expect to hear anything better.

Bruce Springsteen:
We Shall Overcome: the Seeger Sessions
Greetings from Asbury Park, NJ
The Wild, The Innocent andTthe E Street Shuffle

I went on a Boss spree...

I needed those early ones anyway.

I hadn't bought any CDs released this year yet. Until today that is. When I came home I found on the doormat:

Mark Knopfler and Emmylou Harris - All The Roadrunning

The second of 3 CDs released this year has arrived.

Bruce Springsteen - We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions

And not as a stupid DualDisk (which is almost as bad as CopyControlCrap) but in a nice CD + DVD package.

dual discs are annoying as hell. but the dvd side of that album has some cool shit on it.

IWasBored said:
dual discs are annoying as hell. but the dvd side of that album has some cool shit on it.

Indeed, that's why I'm happy I'm having a CD + DVD (i.e. 2 discs).
I played the DVD album earlier tonight. And then sat down to watch the documentary. That performance of O Mary Don't You Weep is excellent! I love how Patty and Soozie are doing backing vocals like two weeping women (with funny dancing and all that stuff).
But even during these sessions Bruce looks constipated whenever he has to song.

And oh, that hat makes him look old. And not in a good way.

yeah, the hat wasn't too cool.

doesn't he have a massive underbite or something, so his teeth make him always look kind of constipated when he sings. still, not as bad as shane macgowan's teeth :yikes:

Someone at work told me today that he went to a garage sale where they were selling hundreds of CDs and they were actually a lot of good ones, not the usual crap. I checked it out and sure enough, it was awesome! Here's what I got:

Prince and the New Power Generation - Symbol
Prince and the Revolution - Purple Rain (replacing an old cassette)
Bruce Hornsby - The Way It Is
T.Rex - Slider
Charlie Sexton Sextet - Under the Wishing Tree
Blur - Parklife
Dave Edmunds - Rockin'
Bill Withers - Lean On Me: The Best of Bill Withers
Jimi Hendrix - The Ultimate Experience (it's badly scratched, though - I didn't notice until I got it home).

Bono's shades said:
Someone at work told me today that he went to a garage sale where they were selling hundreds of CDs and they were actually a lot of good ones, not the usual crap. I checked it out and sure enough, it was awesome! Here's what I got:

Prince and the New Power Generation - Symbol
Prince and the Revolution - Purple Rain (replacing an old cassette)
Bruce Hornsby - The Way It Is
T.Rex - Slider
Charlie Sexton Sextet - Under the Wishing Tree
Blur - Parklife
Dave Edmunds - Rockin'
Bill Withers - Lean On Me: The Best of Bill Withers
Jimi Hendrix - The Ultimate Experience (it's badly scratched, though - I didn't notice until I got it home).

That's a nice haul.

^ Yes, it was. And it only cost me a total of $35. Plus I tried playing the Jimi Hendrix CD on my discman and it worked fine even though it kept skipping when I tried to play it on my computer.

The Police-Synchronicity
Sting-The Soul Cages
Peter Gabriel-So
Thursday-Full Collapse
Joy Division-Permanent

Bruce Springsteen - The Seeger Sessions :up:

Jack Johnson and Friends - Curious George Soundtrack :heart:

I love Bruce but I can't even begin to describe how much I love the Curious George Soundtrack :)

And today the third album of the three 2006 releases I ordered last week arrived:

Elvis Costello - My Flame Burns Blue (Live with the Metropole Orkest)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom