Name The Album You Just Bought

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TheQuiet1 said:

I thought that about the Smiths CD I bought in Woolies. Turned out they had a huge stash of CDs behind the till desk that they'd not put out once the other lot on the shelf had sold out. :rolleyes: Anyone would think they didn't WANT to sell them!

Is the Bowie CD the 2 CD one? I want to buy that one. Is it any good?

Hippy- you got there in the end, that's all that matters. The Stone Roses :drool:
Yep, the Bowie one is a 2 CD album, due to work though I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.

David Gilmour - On An Island
Bedouin Soundclash - Sounding A Mosaic
Eminem - Curtain Call: The Hits
The Tragically Hip - Hipeponymous (fabulous greatest hits and dvd set)

Good gravy. :rolleyes: I won't go to the movies on Friday nights because I don't want to pay 10 bucks, but I'll go to the record store and buy records that cost, what, 6 times that? :tsk:
Anyway:
The Greenhornes--Sewed Soles (I think I'll go see them next Friday night. It's more expensive than a movie, but cheaper than a visit to the record store.)
Secret Machines--Now Here is Nowhere
Bob Dylan and The Band--The Basement Tapes
The Police--Live!
Radiohead--Data Complete (Which claims to be a soundboard of a 4/13/96 show in Boston. Almost 10 years ago! The last show of the Bends tour, so the label sez.)

All these will keep me entertained as I motor to AZ on my spring break. :D

The Church -- Uninvited, Like The Clouds

It's actually not out yet, but by preordering it from the official site it will be signed by all four band members and will be "personally packaged, sealed and posted ON THE RELEASE DATE by none other than Mr Marty
Willson-Piper."

Gotta make MWP work. :D

HiFi Mike -- Swim: In The Deep

I streamed it from his site to hear one song, and found I quite like the whole thing. :)

Charlie Hall - Flying into Daybreak

heard his band (he wasnt there for some reason, there was a fill-in guy named Stephen Fee who was awesome though!) anyway, i had already loved marvelous light, but they have some really really really awesome other songs!

Me and record fairs, always a dangerous combination. Although I thought that it wasn't as good as the last one in November, I still got home with:

The KLF - The White Room
John Lennon - Imagine
John Lennon - John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band
John Lennon - Working Class Hero: The Definitive Lennon
Massive Attack - Blue Lines
Pink Floyd - The Wall
Rolling Stones - Black And Blue
Traveling Willburys - Vol. 3
V/A - Atlantic Rhythm And Blues 1947-1974 (8CD boxset!)

:drool:

Haven't bought cds for a while, so I just went a bit overboard:

Doves - Lost Souls
Doves - The Last Broadcast
Doves - Some Cities (FRICKIN' ROCKS!!!)
Spoon - Gimme Fiction
South - Adventures In The Underground Journey To The Stars
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Show Your Bones (I think the best Rock 'N Roll album to be released in a LOOOOONG time. This album is so alive it feels like a kicking, breathing being!)

I'm happy with my choices.

girlhappy said:

Is new Placebo any good?i like them

It's really good. A lot of people are calling it a return to the sound of the first two albums, but really I'd say it's a cross between the self-titled and Sleeping With Ghosts. It leaked back in February so I've been listening to it for a while, but i do really enjoy it. Especially "Blind," "Infra-Red," "Follow the Cops Back Home," and "Song to Say Goodbye"

Manic Street Preachers - Lipstick Traces
Manic Street Preachers - Everything Must Go
The Verve - A Storm In Heaven
James - Millionaires
Crowded House - The Very Best Of

TOTO - FALLING IN BETWEEN

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

What a band................................Steven Lukather, David Paich, Mike Porcaro, Bobby Kimball, Simon Phillips, Greg Phillinganes.........these are NATURAL BORN ARTISTS!!

Sam Goody in my area is closing, and everything is 70-80 percent off. Normally it's far too ridiculously priced, but at 5 bucks each, I couldn't say no to a few CDs.

The Tossers - The Valley of the Shadow of Death
Pet Shop Boys - Discography: The Complete Singles Collection

Jenny Lewis & The Watson Twins - Rabbit Fur Coat
The White Stripes - Elephant

All this time, I've only had a burned copy of Elephant. :reject:

UnforgettableLemon said:

It's really good. A lot of people are calling it a return to the sound of the first two albums, but really I'd say it's a cross between the self-titled and Sleeping With Ghosts. It leaked back in February so I've been listening to it for a while, but i do really enjoy it. Especially "Blind," "Infra-Red," "Follow the Cops Back Home," and "Song to Say Goodbye"

I got it now! I also like Infra red, Meds, and it suprised me because i also thought it is repeated. Although, Without you i am nothing is the best for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom