Name The Album You Just Bought

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mamas And The Papas- Greatest Hits (The one that was released way back in 1995, not the new one)...what can I say? It seemed like a good idea at the time...

Irishteen said:

Is that the Prince album with Fury on it? Fury is :drool:

It does have Fury on it. I am yet to hear this song as Amazon haven't delivered the CD yet. I can't wait. :drool:

Tilli said:

It does have Fury on it. I am yet to hear this song as Amazon haven't delivered the CD yet. I can't wait. :drool:

I saw the video on Channel 6, great song, didn't expect him to be such a good guitar player

:slant:

Tower has a buy 4, get 5 thing, and then I get a $5 off coupon. What the hell was I supposed to do?!

Pelican--Australasia
Bob Dylan--Live 1966
Toots and the Maytals-- Funky Kingston/In the Dark
Vivaldi--Concertos (Giuliano Carmignola, violin)
Bob Dylan--Modern Times

The Beach Boys - 'Pet Sounds (40th Anniversary edition)'
Katatonia - 'The Great Cold Distance'

Nothing like going out and buying a classic '60's pop album with a 2006 metal album. :wink: The Pet Sounds edition comes in a sweet, sweet velvet cover. I picked it up at Best Buy, and they have an insert for free downloadable live tracks, yay for good deals.

u2popmofo said:
The Beach Boys - 'Pet Sounds (40th Anniversary edition)'
Katatonia - 'The Great Cold Distance'

Nothing like going out and buying a classic '60's pop album with a 2006 metal album. :wink: The Pet Sounds edition comes in a sweet, sweet velvet cover. I picked it up at Best Buy, and they have an insert for free downloadable live tracks, yay for good deals.

How is the Katatonia? I heard them a few years ago and their sound just annoyed me for some reason... Just wondering how their new CD is...

Will have tomorrow: Audioslave - Revelations :shh:

:shifty:

Um, it's good?

Haha, I've actually not had much opportunity to listen to it because my regular CD player has broken down. It's got a very understated folky style on some tracks that I really like (including a really beautiful version of Jacques Brel's 'To See A Friend In Tears'). James' voice is in fine form which is great because I truly think he's a very talented singer. The cover art's pretty nice too, it's a watercolour painting of a railway.

Glad to hear it, Yertle. I actually really ended up liking 'That's No Way To Tell A Lie'. I really like James' voice too. I need to order James' cd and Roddy from Idlewild's cd as imports from Amazon, I keep forgetting to. I actually saw it at Virgin MegaStore, but it was too expensive. The artwork was cool.

Lila64, I just barely got back from the store so I haven't listened to it yet. I know that their style has changed significantly from some of their earlier stuff since their vocalist had problems with his voice from the whole Cookie Monster screaming thing. This album is supposedly extremely melodic and accessible (with nothing but actual singing vocals-wise), not really metal at all. One of my friends recommended it to me, I listened to some clips and watched the video on YouTube and liked them. Figured I'd pick it up.

code pie - this habit

this was actually released last year, but i missed it during the whole new broken social scene hoopla.

good stuff.

Third Day - Wherever You Are

Never been much of a christian rock guy, but I heard a clip from one of their concerts while watching 30 Days on FX and got hooked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom